Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

Looking for a fuse...

Old 03-02-2014, 07:48 AM   #1
VTTACOMA is on a distinguished road

Name: Benj
VTTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a fuse...

Long story short I took my wife's 2014 4runner trail premium into a Large well known electronics chain to have a car starter installed. The guy rushed the job due to being over booked, this was after he told me he did not have the equipment to install the original car starter I had ordered through them. They made right by putting together a package and discounting it to the same price. Stoked, props on their customer service!
Back to the part about being rushed... We showed up about 30 mins after he said he would be done. Dash still on the floor and him scrambling to keep another customer happy that had been the double booked appt. He rushed and got the dash back together but missed plugging in the heated wiper switch and AC adapter for the outlet. No sweat people make mistakes. Problem is that the next day I discovered the problem and went hunting for the problem. Eventually found one of the plugs dangling. Well the other one had been wedged between the lower dash panel and aluminum support and cracked. I found the second plug and plugged it in. Due to a lack of light I did not realize the plug was cracked until I turned on the car to test the switch. Needless to say the cracked switch shorted a fuse which controls the 2 switches all the AC controls and windows and seat heaters.
Now back to the title... I can not find this fuse to save my life... Thoughts? Advice?
Old 03-02-2014, 07:52 AM   #2

To clarify, thoughts or advice on finding the fuse/ problem. Check the OM and that just showed me the obvious of where the fuses were located.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
On the fuse panel cover I believe it has a diagram of what fuse runs what. On GM vehicles it would say something like htr/AC..not sure what it says on this.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
On the fuse panel cover I believe it has a diagram of what fuse runs what. On GM vehicles it would say something like htr/AC..not sure what it says on this.
Thanks, it does list it but all the fuses are good. The only other option is a relay or maybe a hidden fuse.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #5
na8rboy has a spectacular aura aboutna8rboy has a spectacular aura aboutna8rboy has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
Name: Mark
na8rboy's Tacoma Gallery
Did you check both fuse panels? Under hood and dash fuse panel.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by na8rboy View Post
Did you check both fuse panels? Under hood and dash fuse panel.
Yep tried both and checked all relevant fuses. No luck.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:08 PM   #7
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
I'd try swapping in another fuse on that one even if it looks good. Fought with something like this years ago and my brother in law got it fixed changing a fuse that I had checked..the metal wasn't broken but it had a nick out of the plastic that seemed to be the problem. I didn't believe him but it worked..
Old 03-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #8
Buckles is on a distinguished road
Buckles's Tacoma Gallery
Just because a fuse looks OK, doesnt mean it hasnt blown. Find the correct fuse and replace it.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #9
Pay it Forward
Graham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant future

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
^+1
^^+1

ThE OP post reads like an SAT question

You have to sometimes physically swap out every fuse to find the one. The obvious 1st thought you've done now do the mundane swap out of fuse by fuse till found or disproved