SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

The Expo Dawg Build

Old 05-30-2014, 04:55 AM   #41
Not as new as my post count would appear
Scalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud of

Air Force: Once a B-1 Mechanic, now upper Management
Name: Brent
Scalded_Dawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbraddock View Post
Funny you post a 3 link set up... Thats what I'm considering instead of the usual leaf springs.

Much further down the road.... Years....
Old 05-30-2014, 07:55 AM   #42
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded_Dawg View Post
Funny you post a 3 link set up... Thats what I'm considering instead of the usual leaf springs.

Much further down the road.... Years....
In the mean time.... http://www.offroadsolutions.com/tech...onversion-kit/

I know where you can get a donor truck for less than a grand...

Also, why not post this here?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4runner-builds/
Old 05-30-2014, 08:00 AM   #43
Scalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
In the mean time.... http://www.offroadsolutions.com/tech...onversion-kit/

I know where you can get a donor truck for less than a grand...

Also, why not post this here?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4runner-builds/
IF and when this fresh completely REBUILT engine dies, yes but not until then.

And I missed the T4R builds folder when I created this.
If a mod wants to move it thats fine. Probably gets more traffic here honestly
Old 05-30-2014, 08:05 AM   #44
VATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shedVATACOEXP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
VATACOEXP's Tacoma Gallery
Tagged for badassery
Old 05-30-2014, 08:08 AM   #45
rbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Retired MMCS/SS
Name: Randy
rbraddock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VATACOEXP View Post
Tagged because I drive a CRV and I am extremely jealous!
FIFY!

Morning Jake!
Old 05-30-2014, 08:12 AM   #46
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
FIFY!

Morning Jake!
Old 05-30-2014, 08:22 AM   #47
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
IF and when this fresh completely REBUILT engine dies, yes but not until then.

And I missed the T4R builds folder when I created this.
If a mod wants to move it thats fine. Probably gets more traffic here honestly
Truth. I didnt know it existed until earlier this year

Ive been looking into a donor truck for some body panels for a while now and if I ever pull the trigger on a 3.4L you're welcome to it if you change your mind.
Quote:
FIFY!

Morning Jake!
Jake always getting shit.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:28 AM   #48
Rons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ron
Rons01TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice 4Runner Brent!

This forum is trouble from many angles........modifiying trucks, to build projects and upgrades galore. Glad I'm broke or I would be divorced!
Old 05-30-2014, 09:48 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by VATACOEXP View Post
Tagged for badassery
Quote:
FIFY!

Morning Jake!
Damn, Jake can't even get away from the abuse here in a random build thread... LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
Ive been looking into a donor truck for some body panels for a while now and if I ever pull the trigger on a 3.4L you're welcome to it if you change your mind.
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rons01TRD View Post
Nice 4Runner Brent!

This forum is trouble from many angles........modifiying trucks, to build projects and upgrades galore. Glad I'm broke or I would be divorced!
Thanks Ron!
I know I've spent my fair share or cash money on truck parts...

My wife is quick to provide a total dollar figure too... just ask her!
She actually made a budget line in our household budget plan for all my truck expenditures - anything over a certain $$ amount I have to submit an acquisition request. (we BOTH work for the gov't, can you tell?)
Old 05-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #50
rbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbraddock is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Retired MMCS/SS
Name: Randy
rbraddock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn, Jake can't even get away from the abuse here in a random build thread... LOL!

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks Ron!
I know I've spent my fair share or cash money on truck parts...

My wife is quick to provide a total dollar figure too... just ask her!
She actually made a budget line in our household budget plan for all my truck expenditures - anything over a certain $$ amount I have to submit an acquisition request. (we BOTH work for the gov't, can you tell?)
Sorry for the thread jack, I can never seem to resist when it comes to Jake...it's as bad as my OCD, just can't control it!

We need our wives to get together so I too can have a budget line, everything for me is a begging request!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:27 AM   #51

Quote:
We need our wives to get together so I too can have a budget line, everything for me is a begging request!
Tricky part there is they may figure out what we actually spend and shut down fiscal considerations entirely.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:37 AM   #52
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tricky part there is they may figure out what we actually spend and shut down fiscal considerations entirely.

Indeed!!!
Old 05-30-2014, 01:59 PM   #53
Wait for it...

Quote:
You need to start entering "raffles"
Quote:
Pretty much already done for me
Old 06-02-2014, 04:41 PM   #55

The Expo Dawg Build

No Runner mods happening right now but I am working on building this chuck box for all my camp kitchen and other stuff...
Old 06-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Why doe the top have grooves on the end?

They will be gone when its all done, don't you worry about that. LOL!
Always count on you for a hard time!
Old 07-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #58

Couple updates...

So update on the Chuck Box:

Open and loaded up

Closed up
Old 07-02-2014, 06:52 PM   #60

7MGE Volume Air Flow Meter Conversion

Also did an air flow meter conversion from a 7MGE (Supra)... the air inlet is much larger giving this 3.0 some extra air to breath.
BIG difference!! I saw a big gain in off idle throttle response and a definite power increase. Paired with a decent exhaust (future plans) should be a great match; these will likely be my only performance mods.
All details for the swap are located here on YotaTech -- no sense in recreating the write up.

Before the swap:

Making room:

After the install:

I went nice with 3" silicone couplers and aluminum tubing from siliconeintakes.com
Still have some tuning tweaking to do but so far extremely satisfied with this mod!

Also made some room down there to relocate my winch solenoid, probably the next mod.