SCRunner12's 4Runner Limited

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

DKEYLON Budget Build!

Old 09-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #1
DylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dylan
DylansBase's Tacoma Gallery
Red face DKEYLON Budget Build!

So I made an executive decision. The plan was to sell my 05 DCSB tacoma PreRunner and buy a gas friendly commuter car. Although I couldn't find any toyota car that I liked. So instead I purchased a 2002 sport edition supercharged 4x4 T4R 3.4 V6. Is it the best on gas? No. But can I go wherever I please with the 4x4? Yes. (Personal comfort limits may differ). Although I do not plan on lifting 6" and throwing 35s on it I do plan on a nice lift and some other modifications that will let me on on trail with peace of mind. The Budget Build will now start.

Day 1:At private parties casa

The night I picked it up:

Dipped the wheels
Took off running boards:

This is how it's sitting now. I've had it since Thursday so there's more to come.
Hope you guys stick around for progress
Old 09-25-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the buy! Are you thinking of lifting it?
Old 09-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
DylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Congrats on the buy! Are you thinking of lifting it?
Yessir, the right way since it's 4x4. I'm looking into bullies with tundra coils and OME springs in the rear.

Bought a little basket for a little more of a "sporty" look
Old 09-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #4
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylansBase View Post
Yessir, the right way since it's 4x4. I'm looking into bullies with tundra coils and OME springs in the rear.
Nice, that was my first lift with the Tundra 5100's and TRD coils. It was a decent lift, but I had a good amount of body roll and didn't like that I had to preload the 5100's so much to reach 3". I'd probably go with the 5100's and Toytec Eibach springs unless you have a line on some cheap Tundra coils. It seems like the Tundra coils are getting harder to find and not as cheap anymore. I've had the Eibach lift and liked the ride a lot and it's a solid 3" on the lowest Tacoma 5100 setting. Just my opinion since I have ran both.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #5
Quote:
Nice, that was my first lift with the Tundra 5100's and TRD coils. It was a decent lift, but I had a good amount of body roll and didn't like that I had to preload the 5100's so much to reach 3". I'd probably go with the 5100's and Toytec Eibach springs unless you have a line on some cheap Tundra coils. It seems like the Tundra coils are getting harder to find and not as cheap anymore. I've had the Eibach lift and liked the ride a lot and it's a solid 3" on the lowest Tacoma 5100 setting. Just my opinion since I have ran both.
I see, I'm open to suggestions because this is all new to me.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:33 AM   #6
4Runner Dude
TCMach is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
TCMach's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely get the Eibach front coils. I also started with the tundras and if you ever start adding armor, they get lower and lower and dont ride as nicely. My eibachs on the second perch (tundra 5100s) give me a hair over 3" lift with my bumper, skids, sliders, etc

Good looking truck! Jealous of the supercharger...
Old 09-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMach View Post
Definitely get the Eibach front coils. I also started with the tundras and if you ever start adding armor, they get lower and lower and dont ride as nicely. My eibachs on the second perch (tundra 5100s) give me a hair over 3" lift with my bumper, skids, sliders, etc

Good looking truck! Jealous of the supercharger...
Thanks man, are diff drop kits difficult to install?
Old 09-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #8
4runner Troll

No, but I don't know how necessary they are. I haven't ran one for the entire time my 4runner has been lifted (3 years) and no issues. Sure I've torn two boots, but that is to be expected, especially since they were old OEM boots. Otherwise it's not bad at all, just unbolt a couple of bolts, slide the spacers in and reinstall.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:32 PM   #9
Neff is just really niceNeff is just really niceNeff is just really niceNeff is just really nice

Name: Aaron
Neff's Tacoma Gallery
Nice buy! I like the look of older 4runners!
Old 09-30-2014, 11:39 PM   #10
How much are the eibach coils? Do you have to buy individually or do they came as a pair?
Old 10-01-2014, 09:47 AM   #11
Rsamani is on a distinguished road
Navy: SCPO USN (ret)
Rsamani's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I made an executive decision. The plan was to sell my 05 DCSB tacoma PreRunner and buy a gas friendly commuter car. Although I couldn't find any toyota car that I liked. So instead I purchased a 2002 sport edition supercharged 4x4 T4R 3.4 V6. Is it the best on gas? No. But can I go wherever I please with the 4x4? Yes. (Personal comfort limits may differ). Although I do not plan on lifting 6" and throwing 35s on it I do plan on a nice lift and some other modifications that will let me on on trail with peace of mind. The Budget Build will now start.
I guess you out grew your pre runner and got the 4wd bug..
Nice find.
Sometimes i wish i just upgraded my 2wd T4R to a 4wd rather than getting 2nd Gen Tacoma DCSB 4x4 off road. Now I'm out off modding funds to satisfy my modding bug. I still have my T4R and the modding bug but can't justify modding (lift and tires)a 2wd T4R.

Good Luck with the build, very nice T4R find.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #12
4runner Troll

Quote:
How much are the eibach coils? Do you have to buy individually or do they came as a pair?
I believe they are 169.99 from Toytec and sold as a pair. Match them with some 5100's and you'll be good to go.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #13
4Runner Dude

TCMach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man, are diff drop kits difficult to install?
Piece of cake. Took me like 5 minutes

Quote:
I believe they are 169.99 from Toytec and sold as a pair. Match them with some 5100's and you'll be good to go.
Yep. Pair for 170 ish. Less if you can buy them on sale. 5100s and eibachs are the best though, unless you can spring for full coilovers
Old 10-02-2014, 10:55 AM   #14
4runner Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMach View Post
Yep. Pair for 170 ish. Less if you can buy them on sale. 5100s and eibachs are the best though, unless you can spring for full coilovers
Yup, I had 5100's/Eibachs then switched to my Fox's and it really is a big difference between the two. Although it is a big price difference as well. For a DD that won't get wheeled very hard and you just want a lift then go with the 5100's and Eibachs.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:07 PM   #15
4Runner Dude

TCMach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup, I had 5100's/Eibachs then switched to my Fox's and it really is a big difference between the two. Although it is a big price difference as well. For a DD that won't get wheeled very hard and you just want a lift then go with the 5100's and Eibachs.
I bet they would be a huge difference over my blown out billies the cap thing popped off one of my shocks on a wheeling trip, leaked a ton. Bilstein wont warranty it because its on the "wrong vehicle"
Old 10-02-2014, 11:13 PM   #16
4runner Troll

Yeah it really is a big difference once you take them off road. My front end is SO much more controlled now and soaks up bumps so easily.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #17
Took a trip to prairie city to get my comfort level up

Old 11-10-2014, 01:17 PM   #18
keylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
keylay's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. I really like that it has the supercharger on it.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:06 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylay View Post
Nice. I really like that it has the supercharger on it.
Yeah I love it, I'm looking into a SC rebuild. Im gonna go to toyota and have them run the vin to get service records before I spend the money. The guy I bought it from had it purchased/installed here in Sac CA
Old 11-10-2014, 05:08 PM   #20
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
looks great! i always think about selling my truck for that gen 4runner. classic