Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 4Runners

Notices

2015 Trail Permium Remote Start

Old 02-11-2015, 03:49 AM   #1
greguw is on a distinguished road
Name: greg
greguw's Tacoma Gallery
2015 Trail Permium Remote Start

Hey guys , just got my first 4runner , I was coming from a Trd offroad Tacoma . 4runner is a solid truck , has all the same stuff as my Taco and more , I really like the maunal 4x4 selector , not many vehicles have them .
I was looking into remote start options , seems like factory is only availible in the limited configuration not the trail .
Any one have any info would be great .
Thanks guys .
Old 02-13-2015, 03:38 PM   #2
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I have it on my 2015 trail. It is a factory option that was $495 when I built the truck online.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:38 AM   #3
greguw is on a distinguished road
Name: greg
greguw's Tacoma Gallery
Thats the price I got when I was on the show room for a factory remote start but was told it is only for the limited models now .
Going to live with out , limiteds look nice but like the real part time 4x4 . Still pricey little truck but like it has everything my 2013 taco offroad had and more .
Not having any one cut into my truck to install a aftermarket system I can do that .
Old 02-14-2015, 07:40 AM   #4
Aerial Tacoma has a brilliant futureAerial Tacoma has a brilliant futureAerial Tacoma has a brilliant futureAerial Tacoma has a brilliant futureAerial Tacoma has a brilliant futureAerial Tacoma has a brilliant futureAerial Tacoma has a brilliant futureAerial Tacoma has a brilliant futureAerial Tacoma has a brilliant futureAerial Tacoma has a brilliant futureAerial Tacoma has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: Flight Mechanic
Name: Andre
Aerial Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
I have it on my 2015 trail. It is a factory option that was $495 when I built the truck online.
I just did 4runner shopping as well and even the sr5 models where able to get remote start. And same price as stated above.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:40 AM   #5
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
I almost bought a limited and I was getting them to throw a compustar 9000 in with it. Thats what I have on my tacoma and its awesome. They said they have installed them on 4runners. The stock remote start is horrible, the range is so bad that you can be looking at the truck across the parking lot and it wont start.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:44 AM   #6
StuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Mark
StuckinOhio's Tacoma Gallery
I just got an aftermarket compustar put in. 2way 3000'ft range for $500. Honestly factory remote starts don't even compare.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:50 PM   #7
Tom0662 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
Tom0662's Tacoma Gallery
Guys with a factory installed remote start. What range are you getting?
I was looking into one and seems most are unhappy with the range. Some say it is very short, almost need to be standing in front of it to start.
I had an aftermarket in my Tacoma had excellent range but don't want to get a factory remote start only to find out I just as well get in and start it.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:02 PM   #8
NYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant future
Name: Joe
NYNURSE's Tacoma Gallery
Viper remote start with smart phone capability. You can start the truck from France.
Don't think I would do the install myself. If it didn't work, I couldn't bitch to anybody.
Been using a Viper for the past 4 years without issue.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:12 PM   #9
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom0662 View Post
Guys with a factory installed remote start. What range are you getting?
I was looking into one and seems most are unhappy with the range. Some say it is very short, almost need to be standing in front of it to start.
I had an aftermarket in my Tacoma had excellent range but don't want to get a factory remote start only to find out I just as well get in and start it.
range is poor. probably 40 feet or so. My biggest gripe is once I start it the engine will turn off once I unlock it with the remote or with the key in the door. My old Ford would stay running when I unlocked it.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:03 AM   #10
Tom0662 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
Tom0662's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
range is poor. probably 40 feet or so. My biggest gripe is once I start it the engine will turn off once I unlock it with the remote or with the key in the door. My old Ford would stay running when I unlocked it.
Thanks tex. Will probably go with an aftermarket one.