Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > 4x Innovations

Notices

Any interest in internal roll cage kits for 05+ Tacomas?

Old 10-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #101
4x Innovations
traxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud of

Name: Adam
traxman25's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a couple. Just quickly looking at it in my rig it looks like the pillars would be just a little farther forward than the air duct opening. Maybe by about half a tube diameter.

Attached Thumbnails
Any interest in internal roll cage kits for 05+ Tacomas?-1732-6lx.jpg   Any interest in internal roll cage kits for 05+ Tacomas?-1732-7lx.jpg  
Old 10-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #102
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Can you still open your glovebox? Kind of looks like you can't in that 1st pic
Old 10-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #103
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like rolling my Tacoma so no thank you...
Old 10-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #104
4x Innovations
traxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Can you still open your glovebox? Kind of looks like you can't in that 1st pic
Yes but it requires trimming the side of the glove box off to clear. The internal side wall of the glove box does not start right at the edge of the box so there is room to trim the face so it will clear the cage but still be a functioning box. I'll be making a fill plate to cover the area soon. There is simply no way around this. We spent a fair amount of time trying to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
I don't like rolling my Tacoma so no thank you...
No one likes rolling their full body truck. This is for the unknown situation.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #105
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by traxman25 View Post
All interior cages are for just that purpose, the what if it happens. Exo cages are for if you are basically going to roll on purpose.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #106
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by traxman25 View Post
Couldn't sense the sarcasm?... Haha obviously kidding. It looks like a great product but my truck will never see that type of off-road situation. I like the factory look with the tubes.

The videos were cool to watch, that must have been fun!
Old 10-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #107
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
What sort of testing have you done with the tube clamps in regards to strength?

Sorry about all the questions, but I'm sure as you know building/choosing a cage is a pretty big decision and one that has a lot riding on it.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #108
4x Innovations

The bolt together joints are stronger than the tubing itself. But if you're that worried about it, install a weld in only cage.