Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > 4x Innovations

Notices

05+ Tacoma Rear Hitch Bumper!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
4x Innovations
traxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud of

Name: Adam
traxman25's Tacoma Gallery
05+ Tacoma Rear Hitch Bumper!

Protecting your rear end is just as important as the rest of the truck and we know that at 4x Innovations! We have engineered this rear bumper to provide you the comfort and peace of mind you need while off the beaten path. Starting with proven 3/8” high grade steel mounting plates this bumper has the strongest mounts available. The main bumper is high grade 3/16” steel plate with integrated Hi-Lift jack lifting points. Two ˝” thick recovery shackle mounts are interlocked into the main bumper and fully welded directly to the main mounting plates. We know your departure angle is important to you, and this rear bumper is designed with a great low profile for maximum clearance.

If all that isn’t enough, we saved the best for last. All bumpers come with an integrated DOT rated receiver hitch. Our receiver hitch has been engineered and tested to exceed the SAE testing standards for a class 3 hitch (500lbs tongue load, 5000lb trailer weight). Recessed mounting holes are provided for the factory Toyota 7 pin trailer harness connector and standard after market 7 pin trailer wiring harness connectors.

Also swing out tire carriers can now be added to any rear bumper. Tire carriers come with the industries strongest hinge mount that is bearing supported, mounted at the top and bottom of the pivot hinge, fully sealed and locks in the open position at 90 degrees and 110 degrees. Additional options are single and double NATO Jerry Can Mounts, Hi Lift Mounting tabs, and fold down camp cook top table. The fold down camp table features a stainless steel top for easy clean up.

Bumpers are fabricated in Wisconsin from American Made Steel. Bumpers bolt directly to the frame using factory bumper mounting holes and hardware. Bumpers ship bare steel to save you big money on handling and shipping fees!

Price is only $713 less 5% TW discount $679 plus shipping!
Add swing out tire carrier for $399 with no additional shipping cost
Add NATO Jerry Can Mount for $120 for 1 or $220 for two
Add fold down camp table for $90.
Add Hi Lift mounting tabs for $30
Click here for purchasing information. Use coupon code Tacomaworld5 for 5% off

Attached Thumbnails
05+ Tacoma Rear Hitch Bumper!-rb1140_1lx.jpg   05+ Tacoma Rear Hitch Bumper!-rb1140_2lx.jpg   05+ Tacoma Rear Hitch Bumper!-rb1140_3lx.jpg   05+ Tacoma Rear Hitch Bumper!-rb1140_4lx.jpg   05+ Tacoma Rear Hitch Bumper!-rb1430-5lx.jpg  

05+ Tacoma Rear Hitch Bumper!-rb1430-6lx.jpg   05+ Tacoma Rear Hitch Bumper!-rb1430-7lx.jpg   05+ Tacoma Rear Hitch Bumper!-rb1430-9lx.jpg   05+ Tacoma Rear Hitch Bumper!-rb1430-10lx.jpg  
Old 02-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2chains's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have the factory license plate lights and license plate installed on the bumper yet? Like to see how those sit on the bumper...
Old 02-07-2013, 05:57 AM   #3
4x Innovations
traxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud of

The bumpers do not use the factory license plate light, but include a new unit. I do not have any photos with those installed.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
MallTaco
87FoRunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Cameron
87FoRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Man I just need to write yall a fat check for a

1. 1st gen 4runner cage full length
2. 2005 Tacoma Access cab DOM with kickout
3. this bumper!

shipped to 38018
Old 02-11-2013, 06:16 AM   #5
4x Innovations

Sounds good to me!

I sent you a pm with some shipping info.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
woode87 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aircraft Mechanic
Name: Eric
woode87's Tacoma Gallery
I've been looking for a rear bumper like this with rated hitch from a company that makes a "matching" front bumper that I like with no success.. until now! I want.

Website says availability: 4-5 weeks. Is that when they can be ordered or are you building to order if I were to purchase one now?
Old 02-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
4x Innovations

You can order one now and we'll get you on the build schedule!
Old 02-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
woode87 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aircraft Mechanic
Name: Eric
woode87's Tacoma Gallery
Looking on your website, the last picture (computer generated graphic) shows recessed spots for additional reverse lights, but there isn't an option for them like there is with your Style 2?

What I am wanting is plate bumper with rated hitch, cutout spot for the trailer harness, cutouts for reverse lights, license plate lights. Style 2 almost meets this but I don't see a spot for license plate lights or the trailer harness. Style 1 doesn't have reverse light cutouts.

I think I just confused myself

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #9
4x Innovations

Both rear bumpers include license plate lights and have the rear light bucket options. I got the reverse light buckets added as an option, kept forgetting to do that...
Old 05-16-2013, 12:30 AM   #10
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Adam, Can you give me the dimensions of the light bucket for this bumper? Mine is currently being powder coated and I'm looking to purchase some lights for it.

BTW- anyone considering this bumper should def buy it! It's very well made and complements the truck real nicely
Old 05-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #11
4x Innovations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Hey Adam, Can you give me the dimensions of the light bucket for this bumper? Mine is currently being powder coated and I'm looking to purchase some lights for it.

BTW- anyone considering this bumper should def buy it! It's very well made and complements the truck real nicely
Thank you for the review!

The standard light buckets are 3.75 x 2.75.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #12
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Adam, I called you earlier in regards to the trailer harness. This is the gap I was talking about. Maybe I'm not mounting it correctly?
Attached Thumbnails
05+ Tacoma Rear Hitch Bumper!-image.jpg  
Old 06-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #13
4x Innovations

Yep you've got it on the wrong side. The whole socket unit goes in from the back so that the mounting flanges are inside the bumper and only the socket cover is outside of the bumper. The fit is very tight on purpose.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #14

Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by traxman25 View Post
Yep you've got it on the wrong side. The whole socket unit goes in from the back so that the mounting flanges are inside the bumper and only the socket cover is outside of the bumper. The fit is very tight on purpose.
I tried the way you recommended but wasn't able to fully get the cover to come out. I will give it another go.

Also, did you reuse your stock screws?
Old 06-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #15
4x Innovations

It fits very tightly, you may need to slightly shave the side of the socket. I couldn't reuse the factory hardware because it broke when taking it apart. Gotta love the rust belt!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #16
4x Innovations

Bump for great rear bumpers!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #17

Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Still trying to fit the trailer harness. I have been trimming it but it appears the hole in the bumper is too small. Any pictures of the trailer harness mounted??

Sorry about the inverted photo. I'm on my cell
Attached Thumbnails
Old 07-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #18
4x Innovations

Sorry you are having trouble getting the trailer plug to fit. I've attached some photos of a shell I just grabbed off the rack and installed a plug into. I slip them in starting with the rounded edge first and then pushing the straight (top) edge in last, or the opposite way you have it in the photo. Maybe that would help. If you'd like further assistance with the plug please send me an email.

Attached Thumbnails
05+ Tacoma Rear Hitch Bumper!-trailer-plug.jpg   05+ Tacoma Rear Hitch Bumper!-trailer-plug-2.jpg  
Old 07-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #19

Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the prompt reply. Did the plug go in with ease or did it require some force getting it to fit?
Old 07-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #20

Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
I may have found the problem. It appears the brace for the trailer hitch is limiting the movement of the elbow of the trailer plug and preventing it from fitting through the hole. I think the reason why it fits without problem on the shell is because the trailer hitch hasn't been welded on yet?
Attached Thumbnails