Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > 4x Innovations

Notices

Rock Sliders for ALL Toyotas

Old 03-31-2014, 08:32 PM   #361
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
Put in an order on the website Friday. Can't wait to get them. Originally was planning on hrew but started thinking that since I'm not having to pay a shop to weld them on I'll go with DOM. Pay ~21% more for a product that is ~30% stronger seems like a decent deal to me. Just wondering because I'm a decal/sticker junkie, if there are any decals sent out with the order?
Old 03-31-2014, 08:39 PM   #362
Kid Hauler Trail Rig
Qumodo is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Evan
Qumodo's Tacoma Gallery
Subd for future purchase. Great Price
Old 04-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #363
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got mine today. These things are freaking beefy. They are goo a look food when welded up. Here's a preview of them on jack stands.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #364
Drive it like a 4WD

Got mine today. These things are freaking beefy. They are goo a look food when welded up. Here's a preview of them on jack stands.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #365
BryanCO is a glorious beacon of lightBryanCO is a glorious beacon of lightBryanCO is a glorious beacon of lightBryanCO is a glorious beacon of lightBryanCO is a glorious beacon of lightBryanCO is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Bryan
BryanCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabassman View Post
Even after a double post and reading a few times I still don't understand you! haha
Old 04-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #366
Drive it like a 4WD

Rock Sliders for ALL Toyotas

Going to look good. The phone always decides to replace with the wrong word it cut sentences down. And I'm not sure why tap a talk double posted.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #367
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Going to look good. The phone always decides to replace with the wrong word it cut sentences down. And I'm not sure why tap a talk double posted.
Much better than the running boards! LOL
Old 04-04-2014, 09:49 PM   #368
Drive it like a 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
Much better than the running boards! LOL

Dang right. Happy birthday to me.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #369
Arrowshot is on a distinguished road

Navy: Force Protection
Arrowshot's Tacoma Gallery
Questions of Course

Adam,

1. How much more do the bolt-ons weigh as compared to the weld-ons?

2. There seems to be a lot more metal on the bolt-ons. Arethey stronger? I read your comments in the posts but they sure look to have a lot more meat that attaches to the frame even though the primary strength is in the welds to the plate of course. Not sure why they wouldn't be as strong or stronger.

3. Is the link below what the weld-ons look like prior to their being welded to the frame?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4x-...ml#post6843974

4. What angle do the bolt ons normally come with? Can that be changed so I can get a flatter design to make them easier to step up to the truck?

5. On the very first post you show the plates that I assume are welded up to the frame. Why are there holes in the plates?

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #370
4x Innovations
traxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud of

Name: Adam
traxman25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowshot View Post
Adam,

1. How much more do the bolt-ons weigh as compared to the weld-ons?

2. There seems to be a lot more metal on the bolt-ons. Arethey stronger? I read your comments in the posts but they sure look to have a lot more meat that attaches to the frame even though the primary strength is in the welds to the plate of course. Not sure why they wouldn't be as strong or stronger.

3. Is the link below what the weld-ons look like prior to their being welded to the frame?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4x-...ml#post6843974

4. What angle do the bolt ons normally come with? Can that be changed so I can get a flatter design to make them easier to step up to the truck?

5. On the very first post you show the plates that I assume are welded up to the frame. Why are there holes in the plates?

Thanks!
For the double cab short bed the weld on sliders are about 85 pounds. The bolt on version is just over 100.

There is really no difference in strength for the slider itself between the bolt on or weld on. The difference is in how they are mounted to the frame. The extra plate for the bolt on sliders is there to help support the slider/frame connection and to provide proper leg placement while still being able to use as many of the factory holes in the frame as possible. Personally I still prefer the weld on sliders as the strongest option, proper welds are always stronger than bolts, but the bolt on version is a great option for those who do not want to weld to the frame for whatever reason.

That photo would be what the slider looks like before welded to the frame yes, but the weld on sliders ship with the legs and mounting plates not attacked. There are photos of that in the first post of this thread.

The bolt on sliders are normally welded so that there is a 1 inch gap between the top of the outer rail and the bottom of the door when open. I don't know the actual angle, I've never measured it because we use the vertical offset in the fixture. We can angle the sliders anywhere lower than standard to meet your desire. With that said, you don't need to angle them flat to be able to use them as a step. The only reason to lower them is if you want a step that is closer to the ground. There is plenty of room to step on the slider at the standard angle. This is true even back by the bed because of the steep curve at the bottom of the body.

The frame plates are our standard 4x4 plate, used in many different products. You can also use the holes as a plug weld if you'd like more weld area.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #371
Karma is a Bitch
303tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed303tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed303tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed303tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed303tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed303tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed303tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed303tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed303tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed303tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed303tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rebecca
303tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 04-12-2014, 08:18 AM   #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by traxman25 View Post
For the double cab short bed the weld on sliders are about 85 pounds. The bolt on version is just over 100.

There is really no difference in strength for the slider itself between the bolt on or weld on. The difference is in how they are mounted to the frame. The extra plate for the bolt on sliders is there to help support the slider/frame connection and to provide proper leg placement while still being able to use as many of the factory holes in the frame as possible. Personally I still prefer the weld on sliders as the strongest option, proper welds are always stronger than bolts, but the bolt on version is a great option for those who do not want to weld to the frame for whatever reason.

That photo would be what the slider looks like before welded to the frame yes, but the weld on sliders ship with the legs and mounting plates not attacked. There are photos of that in the first post of this thread.

The bolt on sliders are normally welded so that there is a 1 inch gap between the top of the outer rail and the bottom of the door when open. I don't know the actual angle, I've never measured it because we use the vertical offset in the fixture. We can angle the sliders anywhere lower than standard to meet your desire. With that said, you don't need to angle them flat to be able to use them as a step. The only reason to lower them is if you want a step that is closer to the ground. There is plenty of room to step on the slider at the standard angle. This is true even back by the bed because of the steep curve at the bottom of the body.

The frame plates are our standard 4x4 plate, used in many different products. You can also use the holes as a plug weld if you'd like more weld area.
Thanks for the answers Adam. Will be ordering next week.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #373

Quote:
Thanks for the answers Adam. Will be ordering next week.
Enough waiting, ordered already!
Old 04-15-2014, 05:38 PM   #374
Drive it like a 4WD

Just going though all the pieces and what not. Where do the two longer supports go?
Old 04-16-2014, 07:03 AM   #375
4x Innovations
traxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud oftraxman25 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Enough waiting, ordered already!
Thank you!

Quote:
Just going though all the pieces and what not. Where do the two longer supports go?
for your truck, the two longer supports are for the rear most support on each side. It will need to reach up to the frame just before the leaf spring hanger. This is so there isn't too much unsupported slider hanging off of the last leg.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:25 AM   #376
woodssyndicate is on a distinguished road

woodssyndicate's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 04-16-2014, 08:00 AM   #377
woodssyndicate is on a distinguished road

woodssyndicate's Tacoma Gallery
Hey OP, in your sample pics is that tubing 1.75 for dom or 2"?
Old 04-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #378
4x Innovations

1.75x.120 HREW or 1.75x.120 DOM tubing
Old 04-16-2014, 08:45 AM   #379
IsaacG is on a distinguished road

IsaacG's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 04-16-2014, 08:52 AM   #380
Drive it like a 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by traxman25 View Post
Thank you!

for your truck, the two longer supports are for the rear most support on each side. It will need to reach up to the frame just before the leaf spring hanger. This is so there isn't too much unsupported slider hanging off of the last leg.

Got ya. Thanks for the response.