1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rock Sliders for ALL Toyotas

Discussion in '4x Innovations' started by traxman25, May 4, 2010.

1. May 4, 2010 at 8:47 PM
    traxman25

traxman25 [OP] 4x Innovations Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Platteville Wi
    Vehicle:
    Too Many!

4x Innovations Rock Sliders
    come in a variety of lengths as well as custom lengths! Your slider can be built from 1.75x.120 HREW or 1.75x.120 DOM tubing, to fit your budget and wheeling style. Just cruising around in the woods, and muddy trails and want a little protection/step, go for the HREW. Romping in the boulders, dropping off ledges, and hammering on your rig, go for the DOM. If you are really hard core we'll even make them from heavy wall tubing, just pay for the additional materials cost. And of course as always these slider kits come with frame fish (scab) plates, and gussets to fully support your entire slider and truck frame the way it should be, and we don't charge any extra for the added parts!

Available sliders: Length / Yr / Model / Material / Price
    1. Please visit the link for your truck for up to date pricing.
    2. 60" 84-95 Std. Pick Up + 84-89 4 Runner available in HREW or DOM tubing
    3. 66" 90-14 4 Runner available in HREW, DOM or 2" square main/DOM round outer tubing
    4. 80" 89-95 Excab Pick Up available in HREW, DOM or 2" square main/DOM round outer tubing
    5. 60" 95-04 runner/std. Tacoma available in HREW or DOM tubing
    6. 80" 95-04 Excab Tacoma available in HREW, DOM or 2" square main/DOM round outer tubing
    7. 05+ Regular Cab Tacoma available in HREW or DOM tubing
    8. 05+ Access Cab Tacoma available in HREW, DOM or 2" square main/DOM round outer tubing
    9. 05+ Dbl Cab Srt Bed Tacoma available in HREW, DOM or 2" square main/DOM round outer tubing
    10. 05+ Dbl Cab Long Bed Tacoma available in DOM tubing

Contact us via phone or email anytime.

You may be looking at the list and asking what the difference between the HREW tubing and DOM tubing is. Here's some info for you to consider.
    The HREW stands for Hot Rolled Electric Welded. This tube starts as a strip of flat plate that is heated, rolled, and welded into a tube shape. The shape of the tube is determined by the rollers that roll it and no second operations are performed. It is also typically rolled from a softer steel.
    The DOM stands for Drawn over Mandrel. First off, DOM IS still welded seam tubing, just because you can't see the weld seam doesn't mean it isn't there. The only tube that is seamless is actually called Seamless Tubing. Seamless is VERY expensive and mostly only stainless steel or large tube sizes. Don't let others fool you about that. DOM starts its life as either HREW or CREW (Cold Rolled), depending on who is rolling it, that has been rolled oversize. That oversize tube is then sent through a die and mandrel that shape the tube into its final size. This process is done cold which work hardens the steel, making it significantly stronger. The process of resizing and cold working the tube gives a more uniform shape and size and smoothes the weld seam. The DOM we use is also made from a higher grade steel that is stronger to start with. Over all the DOM is going to be around 30% stronger than the HREW tube.
    DOM is significantly more dent resistant and is strongly recommended as the material of choice for heavier trucks such as the Tacoma. It is also strongly recommended as the material of choice for any roll cage. The drawback is that it has a higher cost than the HREW tubing.

As always we can build any style of slider you'd like also! We are here to build parts for YOUR truck, not ours, and we want you to love what you get! If you've got an idea for a different design, send it over. You will love our quality and price!

RS12_3LX.jpg

RS04_2LX.jpg

RS05_1LX.jpg

RS01_P2LX.jpg

RS03DK.jpg

RS01_P1LX.jpg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  2. May 4, 2010 at 8:56 PM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    are the prices for a set? why are they so cheap?

3. May 4, 2010 at 9:01 PM
    blackwatertaco

blackwatertaco If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Alvin/Pasadena, Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 taco, 4x4 2.7 5spd.
    One fucked up diff. breather mod, 265/75/16 Destiny Dakota M/T Black gulf states rims BHLM Magnaflow 14" muffler with cut off tail pipe. 10" pioneer slim truck sub with JBL 600W amp. PROJECT BLACK OUT
    Damn good prices...But why no access cabs???

4. May 4, 2010 at 9:05 PM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    same as excab maybe?

5. May 4, 2010 at 9:05 PM
    higherlux

higherlux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    middle of S.C.
    Vehicle:
    1998 tacoma 2.7l 4wd/1986 POS
    Mall crawler status
    x2

6. May 4, 2010 at 9:10 PM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    in the pics you show all the gussets, brackets, and legs un-welded. In this the way they arrive? Do you have an extra charge to have the legs all ready to weld to frame?

7. May 4, 2010 at 9:10 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    AC=same as DC SB

8. May 4, 2010 at 9:23 PM
    traxman25

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Platteville Wi
    Vehicle:
    Too Many!
    I manufacture with a model that allows me to produce products at rates that are fair to both my customers and myself. I also buy materials in large quantities from reputable USA suppliers and pass those savings along.

The sliders ship with the legs and frame plates not welded. They are NOT available with the legs welded. I do not weld the legs because many customers appreciate the ability to position the sliders as they feel best suits their needs.

9. May 15, 2010 at 1:08 AM
    06rubi

06rubi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM (wife's truck)
    Debadged, tinted windows, 7 pin relocated, bed lights, 12 volt socket in bed of truck, on board air, auxiliary fuse box, grill craft, hella 500's, t-rex eyelids, pink budbuilt skids, icon remote resi coil over, camburg uca, alcan rear springs, ubolt flip, icon 2.5 remote rear resi shocks
    Gonna order a set of DOM soon. Would love to see a "how to" on installation!

10. May 15, 2010 at 1:11 AM
    Dr_Kevorkian

Dr_Kevorkian Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    2nd Gen Pyrite Mica AC
    non for a 04 DC?

11. May 15, 2010 at 1:19 AM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    I can't believe the amazing prices of these.

Can you explain the difference in two different steels to a noob like me. Thanks

12. May 15, 2010 at 1:51 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    HREW is a tube with a welded seam, DOM is 'drawn over mandrel' which leaves no seam in the tube as a weak point.

13. May 15, 2010 at 8:30 AM
    traxman25

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Platteville Wi
    Vehicle:
    Too Many!
    Install is very easy. You simply clamp the frame plates to the frame. Measure and trim the legs to the length you'd like (usually placing the center of the main bar under the split seam), hold the sliders up with some jack stands and tac the sliders together. Be sure to leave at least 1/4" gap between the slider and the split seam to allow for the body flexing. Once they are taced up unclamp the frame plates, bench weld, clamp back to the truck and weld the plates.

I beleive the 80" sliders fit any of the double cab trucks. I can make the sliders to any length you need, just measure your truck and give me a call!

There are a few differences between the HREW and DOM tubing. First off the HREW tubing we use is a slightly softer compound of steel. However the biggest difference is that the final process in manufacturing DOM is a forming process that is completed while the material is cold, which further aids in the strengthening of the steel. All that really means for you is that the DOM is significantly stronger and more dent resistant than HREW tubing. So if you do serious wheeling with your truck you'd want to purchase the DOM tubing, where as if you are looking for something to protect against tree slides or door dings in the parking lot and don't have a lot of money to spend go for the HREW. There is one thing to clarify though, DOM tubing is NOT seamless tubing! Seamless tubing is called seamless tubing and is very expensive because it takes very specialized manufactuging processes. HREW and DOM are both welded seam tubing, you just can't see the welded seam on DOM because of the post processing.

14. May 15, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
  15. May 15, 2010 at 8:55 AM
    lookylookitzadam

lookylookitzadam Retrofit Club!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    07 DC OffRoad
    Damn, more reason for me to buy a welder.

Whats shipping on these? Ballpark numbers?

16. May 15, 2010 at 9:00 AM
    traxman25

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Platteville Wi
    Vehicle:
    Too Many!
    All depends on the length and where you're at. Usually 50-85

2002Tacoma4x4 likes this.
  17. May 15, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    mortuusangelus

mortuusangelus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Slate Hill, NY
    Vehicle:
    no truck now :(
    Just when I thought I could get a break from spending money..... argh!

Very nice prices. :D I have to see if I can pull these off soon. hehe

18. May 24, 2010 at 11:46 PM
    xdanielx326

xdanielx326 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Mesa,AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Single cab Prerunner SR5
    magnaflow muffler, Intake mod, Full engage long travel in the front, 285/75R17 Toyo AT2s. Method standard wheels. limited slip with 4:11s Tube bumper, glassworks front fenders. Blacked out head lights and tail lights
    Available for the 05+ single cabs?

19. May 25, 2010 at 1:18 AM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    It’sa Lexus, boogie woogie woogie
    Adam makes an awesome product. If any of ya'll are debating about getting his sliders vs a competitors, realize that you can get his in DOM variety cheaper than one of the others HREW variety. Stronger + less expensive. Kinda a no brainer.

Adam, expect to get an order to start building a tacoma rear bumper by the end of the week :)

20. May 27, 2010 at 8:11 AM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    It’sa Lexus, boogie woogie woogie
    Took 2.5 weeks from the time I ordered em to the time they got to my front door.

During those 2.5 weeks, there was a blizzard at Adam's shop and the UPS guy wasn't picking up packages for a couple of days.

Products Discussed in

To Top