Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Official 5-Lug Picture Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #1661
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. I am still waiting for parts because Fat Bob's sent me the wrong shock TWICE, and Bilstein struts are backordered.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #1662
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
Sweet. I am still waiting for parts because Fat Bob's sent me the wrong shock TWICE, and Bilstein struts are backordered.
Not lowered any more?
Old 01-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #1663
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Not lowered any more?

Nah man. Roads suck here. Was turning into a hassle being lowered.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:52 PM   #1664
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nah man. Roads suck here. Was turning into a hassle being lowered.
gay ballz
Old 01-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #1665

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
gay ballz

Thanks for the constructive criticism.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:26 AM   #1667
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-17-2014, 03:07 PM   #1668

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post

These trucks looks so much better without the big bulky front plastic. I gotta get some tubing bent and welded up for mine. Little custom project in the works.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:43 PM   #1669
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
These trucks looks so much better without the big bulky front plastic. I gotta get some tubing bent and welded up for mine. Little custom project in the works.
100% agree and why mine came off to begin with. The bigger trucks it looks fine on, cause their bigger, it just never looked right to me on the 5 lugs. More aggressive look without the plastic...
Old 01-21-2014, 10:44 PM   #1670
4WheelSteel is on a distinguished road
Name: Jaime
4WheelSteel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtye View Post
Just got my Fatbobs lift put in
How does it handle so far? Any problems with struts bottoming out?
Old 01-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #1671
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelSteel View Post
How does it handle so far? Any problems with struts bottoming out?
No problems with the struts. Honestly, if you installed the lift without me knowing i probably wouldn't have been able to tell from a ride standpoint. It's definitely stiffer, but not as crazy as some people make it out to be. I'm doing almost exclusively street driving, so that might play into it.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:39 PM   #1672

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No problems with the struts. Honestly, if you installed the lift without me knowing i probably wouldn't have been able to tell from a ride standpoint. It's definitely stiffer, but not as crazy as some people make it out to be. I'm doing almost exclusively street driving, so that might play into it.

I feel the same way about the ride quality. I have been up a few maintenance access roads since I put the lift on and it really doesn't feel any different, except for the extra clearance underneath. Only problem I have is if I hit a sharp bump or speed bump the stock shocks in the rear will top out. But that will be handled when I get the extended shocks installed.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:11 PM   #1673
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I feel the same way about the ride quality. I have been up a few maintenance access roads since I put the lift on and it really doesn't feel any different, except for the extra clearance underneath. Only problem I have is if I hit a sharp bump or speed bump the stock shocks in the rear will top out. But that will be handled when I get the extended shocks installed.
I can vouch for the longer shocks. Dont need it, but it's nice for that exact reason. I also kind of feel like the stiffer suspension, even though the truck is taller, has cut down on the pitch and yaw of the truck when turning sharply. It might just be me, but i assumed it would make it worse (i was in a base model Ranger before getting this, so i really dont have any frame of reference).
Old 01-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #1674

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I can vouch for the longer shocks. Dont need it, but it's nice for that exact reason. I also kind of feel like the stiffer suspension, even though the truck is taller, has cut down on the pitch and yaw of the truck when turning sharply. It might just be me, but i assumed it would make it worse (i was in a base model Ranger before getting this, so i really dont have any frame of reference).
yeah there is definitely less roll in the turns. I think because its just a mild lift that stiffened everything up it has helped. Put another two inches of lift and it will probably start to get top heavy no matter how tight the suspension.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #1675
Minitaco97 is on a distinguished road
Name: Darren
Minitaco97's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my 97
Attached Thumbnails
Official 5-Lug Picture Thread-image.jpg  
Old 01-23-2014, 02:58 PM   #1677
Just a Taco guy, both food & truck
TheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christopher
TheRedTac0's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got this on! I think down the line I'll replace the KCs with a light bar but this will do for now Thoughts?

Old 01-23-2014, 03:25 PM   #1678

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedTac0 View Post
Finally got this on! I think down the line I'll replace the KCs with a light bar but this will do for now Thoughts?

Truck is lookin reeaaall good dude. Great work.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #1679
ojose is on a distinguished road

Name: Jose
ojose's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine!

I installed the ready lift ssl yesterday. It lloks awesome, although the ride is a little bit stiff, but worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
Official 5-Lug Picture Thread-photo-2.jpg  
Old 01-27-2014, 10:33 AM   #1680
ojose is on a distinguished road

Name: Jose
ojose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedTac0 View Post

Sick ride dude!

Products Discussed in this Thread