Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Official 5-Lug Picture Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2014, 05:59 AM   #1901
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazyPetey View Post
Where'd you get those fender flares? I thought the only aftermarket fender flares available for 5-lugs were the pocket style bushwackers
That's just how the double cab 5 lug comes.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #1902
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightMedic178 View Post
Well, if I'm being honest.....
I was only able to make it about 10 feet farther than you see here. Hahaha
I blame my off road inexperience not the truck.
Air out the tires some.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:34 AM   #1903
5 lugger!
mrpatar is on a distinguished road
mrpatar's Tacoma Gallery
i just got another 5 lug! here is my old one

it had the 6 inch fabtech kit and 3 inch body lift with 265/75/16s then i screwed it up...

lowered it and sold it
heres my new one

picked up a sed of jeep rubicon wheels for $100
im saving up for some 235/85/16s

i had to get a new door because the previous owner had a magnet over top of a big ass dent in the door...
i felt like a newb for not looking under it...

it has just the 3 inch bodylift on it now
Old 06-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #1904
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
man ive been looking for some of those wheels for a while now haha...100 sounds like a good deal
Old 06-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #1905
the little red truck that could
outdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud of

Name: Alex
outdoorAZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpatar View Post

it had the 6 inch fabtech kit and 3 inch body lift with 265/75/16s then i screwed it up...

lowered it and sold it
heres my new one

picked up a sed of jeep rubicon wheels for $100
im saving up for some 235/85/16s

i had to get a new door because the previous owner had a magnet over top of a big ass dent in the door...
i felt like a newb for not looking under it...

it has just the 3 inch bodylift on it now
If you plan on lifting it and making a fun little truck to mob around off road in you should make a build thread!

How did you do your front grill on your old truck??
Old 06-24-2014, 08:07 AM   #1906
5 lugger!
mrpatar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorAZ View Post
If you plan on lifting it and making a fun little truck to mob around off road in you should make a build thread!

How did you do your front grill on your old truck??
Ya I plan on it I'm just waiting on tires then I can install the lift coils. my friend gave me the grill off his bagged Tacoma I just used long bolts with washers to space the bottom out. The top was zip ties
Old 06-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #1907
the little red truck that could
outdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud of

outdoorAZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya I plan on it I'm just waiting on tires then I can install the lift coils. my friend gave me the grill off his bagged Tacoma I just used long bolts with washers to space the bottom out. The top was zip ties
I don't even have a grille on mine right now.. it just kinda feel off after I changed my radiator because all but like 2 of the clips were broken. I want to do something like that one but probably w/ a Toyota emblem on it
Old 06-24-2014, 10:52 AM   #1908
5 lugger!
mrpatar's Tacoma Gallery
Ya those clips are a pita I kinda want to mod the factory grill but I would want to buy a bunch of those clips so I don't have to worry about them breaking
Old 06-30-2014, 05:01 PM   #1909
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-30-2014, 07:50 PM   #1911
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
^Good thing you regeared.
Huh? Way distracted by sig.

Oh, gears, yeah, those. 4.3's. Didn't pay much attention to performance yet, only drove home, lots of listening for noises.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #1912
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer, leave in july (currently highschool senior)
Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the last of her that I'll see.. Selling on Thursday for $4300
Attached Thumbnails
Official 5-Lug Picture Thread-image.jpg  
Old 07-03-2014, 10:38 PM   #1913
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
[URL=http://s903.photobucket.com/user/hot-taco/media/random/25758480098_large_zpsagyc8jqk.jpg.html]
Smells like CT spirit.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #1914
5 lugger!
mrpatar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlescars View Post
Smells like CT spirit.
I guess I'm an old school Tacoma owner, as are you! I love these trucks I had to come back! Plus I had most of my parts from my other truck in my shed
Old 07-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #1915
netsomnia is on a distinguished road

netsomnia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtigerfan View Post
looks like your in the exact same boat i was in. was dying to get a truck to drive and came across a 5-lug tacoma. didn't realize there wasn't as much available for it until i bought it.
I haven't done much to it. First thing i bought was a toolbox b/c theres no space in the cab. I ended up putting on some Daystar coil spacers (would look for some 3" lift spindles if i had it to do over again) and some 235/75 Duratracs on the stock rims (and would have gone ahead and bought the Cragar Soft 8's at the same time as the tires so I could run 30x9.5s if i had it to do over again) Other than that all I've done on the exterior is put on some clear corner lights and vent visors and paint my bumpers with rustoleum truck bed coating. The paint was kind of dull when i bought it b/c he never washed it so i clay barred it and have kept it waxed. To bring back the darkness in your plastic trim I would use Mother's Back to Black.
Hope that helps. I think the 5-lugs actually have alot more potential then alot of people say.
The only other things I plan on doing at some point are are tinting the windows, color matching the grille surround to completely get rid of the factory trim color (the gray color. i think chrome was the only option in 98-00) and maybe swapping out the spacers for spindles.
Will the 235/75 Duratracs fit the 14 inch stock rims on our Tacoma's or did you jump up in rim size a couple inches from stock? Can you restate the sizing you did including any URL reference for material for Daystar coil spacers versus 3-inch lift spindles? That truck looks nice with Duratracs and looking forward to shaping up mine that way.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #1916

Old 07-15-2014, 05:47 AM   #1917
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TRunner View Post

Looks mean man. Nice work.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #1918
SleazyPetey is on a distinguished road

Name: Pete
SleazyPetey's Tacoma Gallery
This is the first time I'm posting a picture of my Tacoma, but here's my 5 lugger. I have stock tires and rims as of now, but I am replacing them with 31's.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:01 AM   #1919
Bails is on a distinguished road
Bails's Tacoma Gallery
Tires

I have the same plan, but trying to get the factory flares.

Are you concerned what the 31" tire will do to your performance? Some of these posts are frightening, speedos out of whack, loss of power, etc.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #1920
Isaac is on a distinguished road
Name: Isaac
Isaac's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a picture of my 2013 5 lug with my 12' Jon boat at the launch!
Attached Thumbnails
Official 5-Lug Picture Thread-tacoma-high-falls-landing-3.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread