Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

What does it take...

Old 11-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
TacoBenderBob is on a distinguished road
TacoBenderBob's Tacoma Gallery
What does it take...

Can I put a set of 5 lug rims from an '08 on my '03 and if so do I need to just add spacers?
Old 11-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
I would assume that the bolt pattern and everything would be basically the same.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
im gonna say no. the bore size on the 05+ trucks are bigger than the 1st gen trucks, but you can see. but i know alot of rims that fit the 2nd gen trucks don't fit the 1st gen trucks unless there bored out.
Correct.

Bolt pattern is the same, 5x114.3.

1st gen center bores are larger than the 2nd gens.

The 6 lug wheels are all interchangeable.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:12 AM   #5
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Ah, OK. I stand corrected.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:11 AM   #6
What does it take to "bore out" a set and does that compromise the structure of the rim at all?
Old 11-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #7
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBenderBob View Post
What does it take to "bore out" a set and does that compromise the structure of the rim at all?
Find the size of the center bore on your 1st gen wheel, then take the new wheels to a machine shop or a rim shop and have them bore the wheels out.

Shouldn't be more than $30 per rim. At least, thats what I've seen from the forums. I used to know the bore sizes, but the beer pushed all that knowledge out.

It will not compromise the structural integrity of the wheel. I've seen guys bore out the X-Runner wheels and put them on first gens with no ill side-effects.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:57 PM   #8
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen bore is 67.1. 2nd gen i believe it to be 64
Old 11-08-2010, 07:29 AM   #10
Thanks guys.

I ended up putting 225/55HR/17 GY Fuel Assurance tires on the set on Enkei's that were on it as it seemed too much hassle to deal with the '08 rims I've got. I guess when I have the time I'll either bore and put some meat on them or just chuck them on CL.

I'll post whether or not I'm getting the promised better mileage off the new tires as soon as I've gotten a couple of tanks across them.