Headcase is on a distinguished road
Marines: CDI, JAFFO
Name: Mitchell
Headcase's Tacoma Gallery
oh yeah...his fixes the speedo calibration...find the one for your year

http://www.autoanything.com/performa...0A3256967.aspx
Old 11-19-2010, 04:51 AM   #22
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
New tires are on. Just a couple questions/comments.

What then is the gear ratio of the base 4x2, non-prerummer Tacoma? I've read so many damn diffeerent ratios, it all gets kind of jumbled together. I've read quite a bit about re-gearing but I don't think it's totally necessary since I only went to a 225/75/15. I do have the diff whine though and getting the run around from Toyota about, so if I ever decided to do something about it myself when the warranty is up, I might consider putting in a heavier duty set of gears.

So far, it looks like my odometer is still relativly accurate. I did a quick test on the highway, reset the trip tick when I passed a exit sign that said "1 mile" and at 1 mile on the trip tick, I was just passing the curve off of the exit.

Can't tell much about gas mileage yet. The day before I put the tires on I was sitting in traffic for 40 mintues sucking down gas and going nowhere fast. Gonna fill up today, gas has gone down and see how it does with the new tires.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:06 AM   #23
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
3.31 I believe.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:21 AM   #24
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

3.31 sorta sucks if that what it is. Maybe that will be something I change in the long run.

Oh, the other annoying thing that happened. I did the tires on Wed, everything was kosher until late last night. The tire image light went out as soon as I got everything back where it should be and have drven a good 50 miles or so with the light being off. I drove 15 minutes on the highway last night and when I get off, the light flashes for a minute, then stays lit.

Read the manual, when the light flashes for 1 minutes then stays illuminated, it indicates a TMPS malfunction. Hmm.....WTF???? I stopped at 2 different places and checked my tires, even crawled up and hit the spare with some air. Light still blinked for 1 minute.

Went out this morning, none of the tires are flat or look low. Gonna Check the valve stems, check the pressure again, maybe take the spare down, get it at a good spot. If it's still on and I have inflated tires not losing air, black tape mod over the TMPS light.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
Nope he has an automatic, he has 3.58 gear ratio.

Manual transmission have 3.31.
Thanks for the clarification!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #27
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Good catch.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:17 PM   #28

Well, the tire light is still on. Checked my tires and everything was cool so at this point I starting to not care about it. I put some electrical tape over it for now. I haven't done anything with the spare.

Maybe the next time I do a tire rotation, I'll break the front bead and take the sensors out, replace them with regular valve stems and put the sensors in some tubing like I've seen some do around here.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #29
TIM GAINOUS is on a distinguished road

TIM GAINOUS's Tacoma Gallery
tpms

headcase; looks awesome. how do you turn off the dam light??????
Old 11-20-2010, 09:39 PM   #30
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Well, the tire light is still on. Checked my tires and everything was cool so at this point I starting to not care about it. I put some electrical tape over it for now. I haven't done anything with the spare.

Maybe the next time I do a tire rotation, I'll break the front bead and take the sensors out, replace them with regular valve stems and put the sensors in some tubing like I've seen some do around here.

Air up all four tires and the spare tire to what PSI you want to run, and reset the TPMS. In order to reset it, there is a button (see picture below) turn the ignition to "on", press button, light cycles off and on 3 times, and release. It should turn off, if not, give it a few miles, if the TPMS stays on, the TPMS might need to be replace.

The button is located beneath the steering column, I got the picture from this post.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #31
TIM GAINOUS is on a distinguished road

TIM GAINOUS's Tacoma Gallery
tpms

yea but if you aint runnin stock wheels..............sigh....
Old 11-21-2010, 12:44 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
Then you do the black tape mod.
Done yesterday.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:29 AM   #34
Headcase is on a distinguished road
Marines: CDI, JAFFO
Name: Mitchell
Headcase's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta love the Black Tape Mod...in my opinion the TPMS thing is a manufacturer instituted ploy to get you to come back to the dealer ship for service whining about the flashing yellow light.

I say again...Love that Black Tape Mod.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #35
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headcase View Post
great looking truck. did you have to lift the truck to get them to fit? if not do you have any rubbing issues?

did you happen to get any larger pics taken yet?
Old 05-14-2014, 08:10 PM   #36
Easy 5 Lug
chewolsen is on a distinguished road
Name: Todd
chewolsen's Tacoma Gallery
I got an auto with 29.5 inch wheels. My last car was a Mustang GT. Believe me a Taco 5 lug with 30" Wheels is much more satisfying with light offroad capability and truck utility than a car with more acceleration to the next stop light. Plus, less torque is probably better in adverse driving scenarios.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:18 PM   #37
Easy 5 Lug
chewolsen is on a distinguished road
Name: Todd
chewolsen's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and Toyotas are so scmoooove!

245/70/16, MB Competition

Products Discussed in this Thread