Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Who Here is Sporting a Camper Shell?

Old 11-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
aggiepack is on a distinguished road

Name: Nate
aggiepack's Tacoma Gallery
Who Here is Sporting a Camper Shell?

Hey TW. Was browsing through Craigslist the other day and saw this really sweet looking black camper shell. Unfortunately it would look completely wrong with my white taco, but regardless, it sparked a question in my mind. I'm just wondering who here uses one on their truck(s). Post pics? I know there're a good amount of threads on this topic, but I thought I'd try with the 5 lug community

**On a side note: is it just me or does having a camper shell somewhat obstruct your view when driving? my dad has a camper shell on his tundra and I definitely feel that your view is limited as opposed to not having one, which is exactly the reason why I don't (plus I don't need to store anything)
Old 11-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
There's already a campshell thread....
Old 11-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
cgilbane will become famous soon enoughcgilbane will become famous soon enough
Name: Chris
cgilbane's Tacoma Gallery
a whole lotta people. I have a snug top topper....absolutly amazing
Old 11-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
bamma is on a distinguished road

bamma's Tacoma Gallery
I have a camper on my access cab. I find that it does create a bit of a blind spot on the driver's side. But if you adjust your mirrors correctly, you should be fine.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #6
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiepack View Post
Post pics? I know there're a good amount of threads on this topic, but I thought I'd try with the 5 lug community

I like how you include this in your first post and some how you get a response saying there are already threads about this and you got a link to one.

I don't feel the camper obstructs any of the views behind me. I use the side mirrors more when I reverse. I only use the rear view mirror to look at my Toy-YODA decal . I can still look in the rearview mirror and see what I need to see, so no problems with the camper.

Here are pictures of my 5 lug with camper top.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #7
aggiepack is on a distinguished road

Name: Nate
aggiepack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
I only use the rear view mirror to look at my Toy-YODA decal .
haha nice harrelsen! do you know if the leer 100R would fit on our trucks?
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/2062471331.html
Old 11-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #8
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
i had a leer shell meant for a 1st gen taco on my old mazda sometimes, just sold it to a guy with a 95 4wd xcab earlier today ... id like to get one for my t100 one day but am not holding out hope of finding a used one anytime soon

Old 11-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #9
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiepack View Post
haha nice harrelsen! do you know if the leer 100R would fit on our trucks?
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/2062471331.html

From the Craigslist ad:
Quote:
Overall size is aprox 72-74 inches long x 61-64 inches wide
Here are some specs from Toyota website about our bed: bed length x bed width = 73.5" x 56.7"
At first, it seems the bed width is short, but after going to the Leer website and filling the info (at this LINK) it shows it will fit.

Yes, it will fit.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #10
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

97T's Tacoma Gallery
yea that should fit newer tacos ... the one i just sold was 60 wide x 75 long and it fit the 95 of the guy i sold it to great
Old 11-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #11
navysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11 Bang Bang Infantry
Name: Zach
navysealboy93's Tacoma Gallery
Ever think about one of these?

I've had my Softopper for a while and its awesome.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #12
TacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoMal's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Leer shell on mine. I need it for the dog. I had some aluminum screens installed for the dog and also to add a little bit of security. A buddy of mine painted the screens to match the truck. It looks great. I'll try and post a pic later. I never liked a shell on a pick up before but now that I have it, I like it.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #13
Resident T100 guy

97T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by navysealboy93 View Post
I've had my Softopper for a while and its awesome.
my dads friend has one of those on his srunner ... tommorow on the way to the bar for the "sunday morning dice game" ill cruise past his house and see if i can grab a pic of it
Old 11-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #14
Mod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
My buddies ARE shell is sucking in dust around the rear seal,,horribly. not a very good seal on the rear glass/door. whole inside of bed and stuff inside has a layer of dust on everything.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:38 AM   #15
Resident T100 guy

97T's Tacoma Gallery
i realise my shell on my old mazda was for a taco and had a gap, but mine sucked in plenty of dust as well, i dont think camper shells are meant to be airtight, you want airtight shoulda bought an suv imo
Old 11-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #16
navysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11 Bang Bang Infantry
Name: Zach
navysealboy93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97T View Post
i realise my shell on my old mazda was for a taco and had a gap, but mine sucked in plenty of dust as well, i dont think camper shells are meant to be airtight, you want airtight shoulda bought an suv imo
X2, yeah you should pack your stuff like the shell isn't on.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #17
Mod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
K, didn't know if that was a standard issue or not, just stating what he was saying and I was seeing.

His is a 2010 4 door V6 TRD Taco, with a brand new ARE shell.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #18
Teevis is on a distinguished road

Name: Travis
Teevis's Tacoma Gallery
vision camper shell with a carpet kit

Old 11-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #19
TacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoMal's Tacoma Gallery
Leer....