Notices

8" wide rims on 2010 base taco

Old 11-17-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
lazer
criffsk8 is on a distinguished road
Name: chris
criffsk8's Tacoma Gallery
8" wide rims on 2010 base taco

I want to put new tires and rims on my truck. I want to eventually get a lift too, not to big 2.5 maybe 3 ". I'm going to go ahead and get new rims and tires. Would putting 15x8" rims with 30/9.5/15 be a problem without a lift. I want to get the wider rims that way when I put a lift and can regear i can beef up to 33" tires. Does anyone see a problem with doing this before the lift? Thanks
Old 11-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
lazer
I just ordered 4 of these 15x8 with -12mm offset and 4 inch backspacing. My truck is black so i figured id go with a murdered out look. I guess im gonna have to take off the black boxes, which i'm sure i can figure out if i get down there and mess around with them. I want the tires to stick out from the fenders and all but i don't want to mess up the truck. Thats not gonna put to much pressure on anything will it? And also will the 30's really mess up everything if i don't regear yet? Sorry bout all the newb question but I'm new to trucks, sold my supercharged scion tc to get this because now I live in the country on a farm and want something to match that, ya know?! Anyway, I'm gonna put bf goodrich at's on them because they have a real rugged look to them. Thoughts on tires?
Old 11-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
lazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post

I have a 15x8" wheel and running ~33" KM2s on stock gears. I will be regearing soon. I just need buy a few parts and do a 3rd member swap.
what kind (suspension or body), brand?, and how high of a lift to get 33" tires? How is driving that without regearing?
Old 11-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by criffsk8 View Post
what kind (suspension or body), brand?, and how high of a lift to get 33" tires? How is driving that without regearing?
Stock bumper has to go to run 33's. I have 31x10.5x15 with stock gears and there is significant difference in power. I find myself downshifting more to accelerate. I need 4.10 or maybe 4.56 gears in the rear.

I have heard from many people that BFg's are notoriously soft... My friend has Hankook Dynapro on his Tundra and he likes them a lot...
Old 11-19-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got the Readylift kit, gives about a 2.5" lift in the front. Driving without regearing is what I was expecting, a decrease in acceleration and a drop in MPG. Not too bad, but I would like to be within 'factory ratio'.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just ordered 4 of these 15x8 with -12mm offset and 4 inch backspacing. My truck is black so i figured id go with a murdered out look. I guess im gonna have to take off the black boxes, which i'm sure i can figure out if i get down there and mess around with them. I want the tires to stick out from the fenders and all but i don't want to mess up the truck. Thats not gonna put to much pressure on anything will it? And also will the 30's really mess up everything if i don't regear yet? Sorry bout all the newb question but I'm new to trucks, sold my supercharged scion tc to get this because now I live in the country on a farm and want something to match that, ya know?! Anyway, I'm gonna put bf goodrich at's on them because they have a real rugged look to them. Thoughts on tires?
BFG AT's, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bridgestone Revo 2's, and Yokohama Geolanders all seem to have a good rep on here. I'd get whatever is going to fit your driving needs best.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #8
lazer
thanks yall
Old 11-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
KDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: K H I E M ™
KDogg311's Tacoma Gallery
I got some procomp 15x8 with a 3.75 backspacing. wrapped them in some yoko geolandars 30x9.5. no lift and removed black box. theres some pics in my gallery if you want to get an idea of how it looks. hope that helps
Old 11-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #10
lazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDogg311 View Post
I got some procomp 15x8 with a 3.75 backspacing. wrapped them in some yoko geolandars 30x9.5. no lift and removed black box. theres some pics in my gallery if you want to get an idea of how it looks. hope that helps

Yeah thats exactly what I want, well for now. Untill income tax returns at least
Old 01-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #11
Rconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rconectn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How did these rims finally fit on your Tacoma? Someone here told me that the D windows and the soft 8's run into the calipers. I was really hopping to get the soft 8 in 16x8, but now with that news I'm back at square one.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #12
tacoman2.7 is on a distinguished road
Name: papakracker
tacoman2.7's Tacoma Gallery
i love this shit.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #13
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman2.7 View Post
i love this shit.
at a bet i would say its worst than a crack addiction
Old 02-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #14
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have also seen that Cragars won't fit on the second gen 5 lugs.

They do, however, fit wonderfully on first gens

I am currently running a 235/75/R15. No rubbing in corners but they hit the inner fenders on large bumps. I am gonna be lifting it 3" this week to correct this.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #15
redman15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Randy
redman15's Tacoma Gallery
sorry for the newb question but how to you view someones gallery?
Old 02-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #16
2010whitetaco is just really nice2010whitetaco is just really nice2010whitetaco is just really nice2010whitetaco is just really nice

Name: Gaston
2010whitetaco's Tacoma Gallery
click on this
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2011, 07:23 PM   #17
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
None of mine are in a gallery if that's what you're trying to see... Mine all come from Photobucket
Old 02-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #18
150,000 miles and counting
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

Name: sean
mcleod90's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDogg311 View Post
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Ro...pn=PCW52-5865F

are those the rims you have?

im liking the look on your truck and now that im getting my taxes back im looking to spend some money