Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Rims and tires on readylift mod....

Old 12-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
Rconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rconectn's Tacoma Gallery
Rims and tires on readylift mod....

I plan on doing the readylift (2.75"-1.75"R) for my 2wd 5lug and was wondering how big of a tire and rims could I use that would look appropriate and not rub. What the biggest size rim I could use?
Old 12-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #2
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rconectn View Post
I plan on doing the readylift (2.75"-1.75"R) for my 2wd 5lug and was wondering how big of a tire and rims could I use that would look appropriate and not rub. What the biggest size rim I could use?
The biggest you can go is 31's for tire. Anything bigger will require trimming the shit out of the stock front bumper or running aftermarket front bumper.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
largest size rim or tire? Not sure about how wide you could go, but 16x8" seems to be the recommended rim size with a 31" (245/75/16) tire. You could probably run a larger diameter rim if you wanted to just as long as the total diameter of wheel and tire isn't larger than 31 inches.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
TIM GAINOUS is on a distinguished road

TIM GAINOUS's Tacoma Gallery
readylift 5 lug

correct 31 is max. 8" is good with the proper offset. youll still prob scrub the "black boxes" but thats an easy fix
Old 12-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #5
Rconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIM GAINOUS View Post
scrub the "black boxes"
What does that mean? Sorry for the n00b question.

Thanks for the info guys, I think 16" would be good and I'll remember that no bigger than 31.Thanks again!
Old 12-11-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
TIM GAINOUS is on a distinguished road

TIM GAINOUS's Tacoma Gallery
black boxes

see the protrusion at the rear of the front fenderwell? behindeach one theres a little metal box that attaches with 3- 6mm bolts. i ended up takin mine out and trimming the plastic inner fender. they make an obnoxious scrubbing noise on turns/bumps with larger tires.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIM GAINOUS View Post
see the protrusion at the rear of the front fenderwell? behindeach one theres a little metal box that attaches with 3- 6mm bolts. i ended up takin mine out and trimming the plastic inner fender. they make an obnoxious scrubbing noise on turns/bumps with larger tires.
Ah! I see, thanks for the lesson! By the way nice ride! That's the look I want to go for with my Tacoma. It's the same truck, but mine is white. Nice!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #8
chickentruck is on a distinguished road

chickentruck's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up more rookie questions if you dont mind?

Hey Tim I am looking for rims for a similar lift. Will 4.25 backspace be enough or am I going to have to use spacers, change lugs, anything else that I dont want to be surprized later after spending money. I am looking at ION IO138-5856m 15x8 or similar 16x8.
Off the topic what kind of tool box is that? I am looking for that perfect look.