Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Current wheels set ups

Old 12-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #21
KDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: K H I E M ™
KDogg311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleod90 View Post
looks great. i will be getting a similar set up in a few months. have to get my readylift put on and have to save up some more cash.

any plans on lifting yours?
Thanks! Nope no lift. I'm happy with the way it looks and rides =)
Old 12-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #22
Rconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rconectn's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to put some Cragar 345 Series Silver "D" Window 16x8, offset 13mm, Rearspacer 5 on my 5lug. I plan on doing a Readylift 2.75"F/1.75"R what I would like to know is will I have any problems like having to replace the wheel studs? If I do I just might have to go for some other rims.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #23
Public Servant Enemy #1
ISUGrad05 is on a distinguished road

ISUGrad05's Tacoma Gallery
hotrodsbyray put steel Highlander rims on his 5-lug with Kumho 235 70R 16 tires

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...heel-swap.html

chrismax went with alloy Highlanders which is the wheel I'm looking for:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...tml#post519110

There are some others on here that I found are running Rav4 and Highlander 16's and 17's
Old 12-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #24
Rconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bderuosi View Post
bderuosi
Wheels: Stock steel wheels (15"x6", +40 mm offset, 5.5" backspacing, 60.1 mm hub diameter)
Tires: 215/70 R15

I was calculating the offset with the numbers you provided and I get a offset of +50.5 I used a calculation that I ran into on another site. Also where did you come up with the 5.5" backspace? Because if that number is off it will change the Offset.

TO CALCULATE OFFSET from other wheel parameters:

You'll need the following measurements:
  • Wheel backspace
  • Wheel nominal width (listed width, which is less than physical width with lips included)
  • Lip (width of either lip / flange at the inboard or outboard side of the wheel) It is common to use 13 mm or 0.5 in. as an estimate for the width of either lip / flange
The calculation goes as follows:

OFFSET = BACKSPACE - (NOMINAL WIDTH / 2) - LIP

UNIT CONVERSION:

To convert from inches to mm multiply by 25.4
To convert from mm to inches divide by 25.4

5.5" Backspace = 139.7mm
6" width = 152.4mm

So

OFFSET = 139.7mm - (152.4mm/2) - 13mm

OFFSET = 139.7mm - 76.2mm - 13mm

OFFSET = +50.5mm
Old 12-19-2010, 06:26 PM   #25
Poot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Poot Klopp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rconectn View Post
I was calculating the offset with the numbers you provided and I get a offset of +50.5 I used a calculation that I ran into on another site. Also where did you come up with the 5.5" backspace? Because if that number is off it will change the Offset.

TO CALCULATE OFFSET from other wheel parameters:

You'll need the following measurements:
  • Wheel backspace
  • Wheel nominal width (listed width, which is less than physical width with lips included)
  • Lip (width of either lip / flange at the inboard or outboard side of the wheel) It is common to use 13 mm or 0.5 in. as an estimate for the width of either lip / flange
The calculation goes as follows:

OFFSET = BACKSPACE - (NOMINAL WIDTH / 2) - LIP

UNIT CONVERSION:

To convert from inches to mm multiply by 25.4
To convert from mm to inches divide by 25.4

5.5" Backspace = 139.7mm
6" width = 152.4mm

So

OFFSET = 139.7mm - (152.4mm/2) - 13mm

OFFSET = 139.7mm - 76.2mm - 13mm

OFFSET = +50.5mm
I saw it listed in the tire section of this site, it's no big deal if it is not correct. Thanks for the info though
Old 12-25-2010, 05:35 PM   #26
Poot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

got the tactics put on yesterday I'll post some pics tomorrow if I'm not covered in snow...
Old 12-26-2010, 06:53 AM   #27

So, you like how they look on the truck? Can't wait to see the pics.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #28

Yeah they look really good IMO. Got a few pics after trying the truck out in the snow. They ran pretty well, I got 250 lbs of sand in the back and my old tires and wheels, there is only 1 inch on the ground but I didn't slide too much unless I tried to : )
Attached Thumbnails
Current wheels set ups-2010-12-26_13-33-31_251.jpg   Current wheels set ups-2010-12-26_13-33-36_820.jpg   Current wheels set ups-2010-12-26_13-33-46_87.jpg   Current wheels set ups-2010-12-26_13-33-56_95.jpg   Current wheels set ups-2010-12-26_13-34-08_897.jpg  

Old 12-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #29

Quote:
Yeah they look really good IMO. Got a few pics after trying the truck out in the snow. They ran pretty well, I got 250 lbs of sand in the back and my old tires and wheels, there is only 1 inch on the ground but I didn't slide too much unless I tried to : )

They look fantastic!
Old 12-27-2010, 06:26 AM   #31
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Finally have the new rubber mounted, it was worth being late to work for. The ride is so much better over bumps. The WeatherForce Plus that I had on there before would send every last imperfection in the road straight into the cab.

Wheels:
Stock steelies (15"x6", +40 mm offset, 4.97" backspacing)
Tires: Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61 235/75R15

Old 12-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #32

wow just drove in the snow to get gas and had no problems. Passed a few minivans and small cars stuck in the snow...like these tires!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #33
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
wow just drove in the snow to get gas and had no problems. Passed a few minivans and small cars stuck in the snow...like these tires!
i just missed the snow here. i hope it snows again this year so i can try out mine.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by comiesutra View Post
i just missed the snow here. i hope it snows again this year so i can try out mine.
Yeah we got hammered 25+ inches...
Old 12-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #36
Yota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Yota Newb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott572011 View Post
  1. WHEELS: AMERICAN RACING RAZOR
  2. SIZE: 16X7.5.
  3. OFFSET: 40.
  4. TIRES: B.F.G -LT-245/75R16 A/TKO/E
  5. FT STRUTS: BILSTEIN HD SERIES.
  6. REAR SHOCKS: '' '' '' '' ''.
  7. SUSPENSION: READYLIFT SST-HYBRID LIFT SYS.
This truck looks great! You have the 4 cylender right? Did you notice much power loss with those BFG's and the lift?
Old 12-29-2010, 07:52 AM   #37
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Stock steelies

Replaced stock 215-70-15 Dunslops with Uniroyal Cross Country in 235-70-15s

Speedometer and GPS now agree. Truck feels more secure with the larger tires.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:26 AM   #39

Quote:
Yeah we got hammered 25+ inches...
it's finally snowing here and the kumhos are awesome. first time i have a snow (rated) tire on any of my vehicles. i know what tire i will buy until they are no longer manufactured.

it was a great feeling when i hit the brakes and the truck slowed instead of sliding, the tires i had on before were horrible in the snow.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #40
Powder Coater/ Dirt Thrower
TRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TRIAD Powderworks's Tacoma Gallery
Current setup:
15x8 American Racing wheels with 31x10.5x15 BFG ATs

Setup I just ordered!!
15x10 Mickey Thompson Beadlocks with 33x12.5x15 General Grabbers!!

This is how it looks now:

Current wheels set ups-photo.jpg