Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Current wheels set ups

Old 01-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #41
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Pro comp series 8069 16x8 with 33" KM3s

Old 01-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #43
seanmyers22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
seanmyers22's Tacoma Gallery
I like a lot of these.. I'm waiting on my 3" lift from Fat Bob's Garage, but im still having trouble deciding. Im thinking about the 16" mamba mr1's but I don't know if the 5" backspacing will fit. I definitely want to equip some 31" tires..
Old 01-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #44
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
This is my 5 lugger, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/65/18's. I bought these rims when I was running the lowered look, they looked good with low profile tires. Now I have a 3" lift, thinking I need to paint them black now. Any thoughts?

Old 01-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #45
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmyers22 View Post
I like a lot of these.. I'm waiting on my 3" lift from Fat Bob's Garage, but im still having trouble deciding. Im thinking about the 16" mamba mr1's but I don't know if the 5" backspacing will fit. I definitely want to equip some 31" tires..
This is Johns Taco, I just posted pics of my gold tacoma. I have the fat bobs garage lift, it's good for now but I want a more professional set-up for up front.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #46
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmyers22 View Post
this calculator has helped me a lot with future wheels, i haven't found the perfect ones yet, but seeing what all the measurements with pictures really helped...

edit: they changed the URL it's now http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp
Old 01-13-2011, 06:35 AM   #47
Those 18's look pretty good with it lifted John. Personally, I would DEFINITELY go black but that's just me.. I have the exact same lift coming early next week and I like the look of what you have going. Do you have any rubbing issues with those tires? And do you possibly know the backspacing of the rims? And thank you for the calc comie.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #48
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDogg311 View Post
nice wheels ... but i think OP just wants 5-luggers
Oh damn, sorry guys.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #49
Tikabear is on a distinguished road
Tikabear's Tacoma Gallery
Truck: 2008 White Access Cab
Wheels: 16x6.5 Highlander steelies
Tires: Yokohama Geolander 225/75 R16

I go my truck used in Feb 09 and new that I would put bigger tires on it. I thought about going with the 235/75 R15 on the stock wheels but started looking for other wheels and reading here about what might fit. Also, I didn't want to fool with mods for the TPMS. I didn't want to spend much on wheels so I found a set of Highlander steel wheels on Ebay that I bought and set in the attic until Monday 1-10-11.

I took the truck in for a rotation and they told me the front tires where showing signs of starting to separate. Went home and got the wheels. The sensors transferred and work without a hitch. The ride is a little stiffer but I've not yet noticed a loss of power. The truck is much taller. I notice a big difference standing next to it and while driving. BIG improvement.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #50
nOLd is a glorious beacon of lightnOLd is a glorious beacon of lightnOLd is a glorious beacon of lightnOLd is a glorious beacon of lightnOLd is a glorious beacon of light

Name: nold
nOLd's Tacoma Gallery
Pro comp lift 2.75 front 1.75 rear
Pro comp rims 16'
Good year duratrac 245-75-16
Attached Thumbnails
Current wheels set ups-att32605.jpg  
Old 01-29-2011, 05:36 PM   #51
TIM GAINOUS is on a distinguished road

TIM GAINOUS's Tacoma Gallery
SETUP

same for 1 1/2 yrs 30x9.50 yokos on 15x8 procomp copies
Old 02-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #52
my 5 lug

Finally got mine Finished up! I love it! Fat Bob's Garage 2.75" lift. Removed black boxes. Ground down the calipers with a Dremel tool. ProComp 8069's 16x8 with 4" backspacing. 265/75/16 all-terrains. Crossed my fingers!
Attached Thumbnails
Current wheels set ups-img_20110206_180902.jpg   Current wheels set ups-strength-trainer-001.jpg   Current wheels set ups-strength-trainer-002.jpg   Current wheels set ups-strength-trainer-006.jpg   Current wheels set ups-strength-trainer-004.jpg  

Old 02-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #53
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ok you can add me to the list...

Wheels: Cragar D-Windows 15X7, 5X4.5 bolt pattern, 4" backspace, 0 offset, 26 lbs, unsure of center bore (1st gens are lug centric, don't know about 2nd gens). Cragar wheels WILL NOT fit 2nd gens, they hit the calipers. Ask Tio

Tires: Goodyear Wrangler Radials 235/75/R15

Mods: None required to run setup, but I do have a 3" Fabtech front spindle and 2" Beefed rear shackles.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #54
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pics

This is pre-lift
Old 02-13-2011, 09:29 AM   #56
Poot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Poot Klopp's Tacoma Gallery
Finally updated the list, I was at a coaching convention for the end of the week/weekend. Spring is coming and I can't wait to get all my new stuff on my Taco.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #58
aaronocho is on a distinguished road
aaronocho's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my 5 lugger with stock wheels and tires:

And here it is with stock wheels and 230/75 R15 Wild Country Sport HT tires:

The original tires had 51,000 miles on them and reminded me of mini van tires. These new ones lift it about an inch and they fill out the wheel wells a little more. It looks more like a truck now.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #59
B R is a glorious beacon of lightB R is a glorious beacon of lightB R is a glorious beacon of lightB R is a glorious beacon of lightB R is a glorious beacon of light
B R's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronocho View Post
Here's my 5 lugger with stock wheels and tires:

And here it is with stock wheels and 230/75 R15 Wild Country Sport HT tires:

The original tires had 51,000 miles on them and reminded me of mini van tires. These new ones lift it about an inch and they fill out the wheel wells a little more. It looks more like a truck now.
I assume you didn't change gearing. Curious as to how badly has acceleration suffered?
Old 03-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #60
aaronocho is on a distinguished road
aaronocho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B R View Post
I assume you didn't change gearing. Curious as to how badly has acceleration suffered?
No, I didn't regear. I have noticed that the acceleration has been affected a little bit. I've only been driving on these tires for a few days, but I seem to stay in the lower gears just a little bit longer than I used to. I'm still interested to see what kind of mileage I get.