Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Performance brakes?

Old 12-19-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
Performance brakes?

i'm looking at the EBC ultimax slotted rotors on auto anything, but before i buy a set i would like to hear the results of people who have already taken this step.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
bram will become famous soon enoughbram will become famous soon enough
Name: Bram
bram's Tacoma Gallery
dont trow away ur $ they wont be much better than stock brakes if u really want braking power go for the stoptech bbk i did and the results are very good it almost brakes like my bmw
Old 12-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the green stuff pads on stock rotors and they brake really well on a 5 lug. I've heard the yellow stuff are even stronger braking
Old 12-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bram View Post
dont trow away ur $ they wont be much better than stock brakes if u really want braking power go for the stoptech bbk i did and the results are very good it almost brakes like my bmw
true, but one thing you have to remember is you need at least 18" rims to run them, unless you go with a smaller size than the TRD kit.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:52 AM   #5
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bram View Post
I had Powerslot rotors, SS brake lines & Hawk HP+ pads on my turbo Sentra. The car was braking awesome and it could withstand many road course beatings without brake fade.

Don't waste your money on big brake kits. You can get new rotors & pads for fraction of the cost and the performance will be almost the same if not identical!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I like http://www.raceshopper.com for brakes. Evan has plenty of knowledge to help you pick out the right stuff.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:24 AM   #7
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
I had Powerslot rotors, SS brake lines & Hawk HP+ pads on my turbo Sentra. The car was braking awesome and it could withstand many road course beatings without brake fade.

Don't waste your money on big brake kits. You can get new rotors & pads for fraction of the cost and the performance will be almost the same if not identical!
big brakes will increase your braking performance WAY more than any stock sized rotor and brake pad combo, it's simple physics. the TRD kit has a 4 pot caliper, vs. stock 1 pot. if you ever have a chance, drive an XRunner with the TRD big brake kit, there is a huge difference in stopping power, the brakes don't fade, and they don't build up heat like the stock brakes do IMHO 5-Lug trucks have inadequate braking power for their size and load capacity.

not saying rotors and pads won't do anything, but they don't compare in results anywhere near a BBK.