Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Avid Sliders on a Reg Cab *Pics Included*

Old 12-21-2010, 08:17 PM   #21
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
^You don't have sliders!?

I'm surprised.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:31 PM   #22
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
^You don't have sliders!?

I'm surprised.
Not right now. I want one that has a kick out, one like mreimann's sliders.

Matt made his own sliders, when he has the time (and a tube bender), I will ask him to make me some sliders.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #23
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Those look pretty sick.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:13 PM   #24
aggiepack is on a distinguished road

Name: Nate
aggiepack's Tacoma Gallery
I know this thread is probably dead, but I just installed the kit today. Took about 6 hours because my dad and I ran into some trouble with rotating the last front shock/strut 120 degrees. Also got a UWS low prof. box in the back last week. I'll post pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested.

And the sliders definitely help getting into the truck now!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:16 PM   #25
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great man! Been thinking about these so I have a hi lift point.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:05 AM   #26
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiepack View Post
I know this thread is probably dead, but I just installed the kit today. Took about 6 hours because my dad and I ran into some trouble with rotating the last front shock/strut 120 degrees. Also got a UWS low prof. box in the back last week. I'll post pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested.

And the sliders definitely help getting into the truck now!
there is no way this thread is dead, personally i have been looking forward to seeing your truck with the lift and 235's. take a bunch and post them, please.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:35 AM   #27
cyclewvu is on a distinguished road
cyclewvu's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet sliders, I've been looking for some for my regular cab 4wd now I know where to look. I really like your bench seat cover too, is that a toyota or aftermarket cover?
Old 12-30-2010, 06:53 AM   #28
Rconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rconectn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiesutra View Post
there is no way this thread is dead, personally i have been looking forward to seeing your truck with the lift and 235's. take a bunch and post them, please.
X2!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:53 AM   #29
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
These look surprisingly nice. How much were they? Might have to pick them up if I ever lift as a step
Old 12-30-2010, 07:02 AM   #30
Reepur is on a distinguished road
Reepur's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclewvu View Post
Sweet sliders, I've been looking for some for my regular cab 4wd now I know where to look. I really like your bench seat cover too, is that a toyota or aftermarket cover?
Not trying to steal the thread, but have the same truck, I mounted unconventionally but they work great for me.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #31

comiesutra and Rconectn thanks
cyclewvu they are coverking bench seat covers i got them for about 180 online I forgot exactly where, but any reputable place will do (they fit great on the bench seat)
schiz94 i actually fforgot how much but if you go on avidoffroad.com or email brandon he will tell you!
Reepur that's a kick ass truck very nice

Here's three pictures I took today. Like I said, it took my dad and I about 6 hours to install it yesterday (ran into probs with the last front shock rotating it 120 degrees). If you have the tools, it's definitely worth doing by yourself imo because you'll save a bunch of money, have some fun, and probably learn something. Oh, I also replaced the back shocks with Fat Bob's shocks for the lift. Went out on a run before sunset and I took some pictures afterwards. I'll post more pictures of close ups tomorrow - I just don't want to be a whore about it all. Hope you enjoy.

The lift and 235's give my 4x2 4 banger a totally different ride. Aside from being higher off the ground, it has a heavier feel to it, and a lot less flimsy than what it felt like stock. Oh, and as for my steelies (woop woop!) hopefully in a few years I'll switch those out when it's time to get new tires. Ideally 16 inch rims with 31's. But hey, maybe I'll find a nice set of 16's for a reasonable price, and if so I'll switch the tires on them. But I guess that's for a different thread. KIDDING. Just kidding @_@

Edit: 2nd picture - good old toyota seat belts - it got stuck in the door

Old 12-31-2010, 06:54 AM   #33
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
looks good aggiepack!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:09 AM   #34
Rconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rconectn's Tacoma Gallery
What change!!! Totally different look, awesome!!

I have the readylift kit sitting in the closet. I won't put it on my truck until the original tires wear down; that way I will buy the rims and tires and have a nice surprise once the lift goes on. Now I know how my truck will look like, fantastic! Thanks for the pics aggiepack!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:30 AM   #35
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:49 AM   #36
ThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
ThisGuy's Tacoma Gallery
you guys are killing me!!! all this talk about sliders is making me anxious!!
i bought some AVID's 2 weeks ago now im just waiting for them and the light bar to get done.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:40 PM   #37
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGuy View Post
you guys are killing me!!! all this talk about sliders is making me anxious!!
i bought some AVID's 2 weeks ago now im just waiting for them and the light bar to get done.
When you get them, It'll be worth it.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #38
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiepack View Post
I'll post more pictures of close ups tomorrow - I just don't want to be a whore about it all.
There's nothing wrong with having pride in your truck. It looks great and the next mod I am going to do is a lift. Take some more pics and post them.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #40

Reepur, 113tac, Rconectn, Tacorun - thanks guys! : )
ThisGuy - you'll love your new AVID stuff! Are you going to have it powder coated or do a rattle can job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by comiesutra View Post
There's nothing wrong with having pride in your truck. It looks great and the next mod I am going to do is a lift. Take some more pics and post them.
thanks comiesutra. Here are 3 picture that I think are important for installing the lift. Err, not game changing pictures, but very useful heads up info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Magic slider dont connect to the frame?? are they bolted to the body where stock steps would be?
you're exactly right there are two matching plastic pins where you would put any other steps on underneath where you can't really see from the picture I took. But trust me they are there

For those of you who install the kit yourselves I hope the following two pieces of advice help you out (or at least prevent you from dropping too many F-bombs) - the first piece of info is regarding the AAL and the other is about rotating the front shocks 120 degrees.

AAL: When you removed and swap out the stock U bolts with the longer ones in the kit, you're also going to have to swap out the middle screw with another one that uses a different sized nut. The problem is, this new nut doesn't fit in the center hole where the two U bolts go into. Here is a picture comparison

The metal piece that is held by the two u bolts/holds the leaves

Showing the new nut doesn't fit in the hole

Comparison of the new one (left) and the old one (right)

All you need to do is sand this down and you're good to go

Rotating the front Shocks 120 degrees: After you bolt on the front spaces, you have to rotate the shock 120 degrees in order for it to fit correctly back in place. I didn't have the correct tool to compress the shock, so I went over to wheel works to see if they had one I could use. Instead of riping me off, they actually told me how to do it by myself.

After bolting on the new spacer, bolt the shock back in place. Use a metal bar that will fit in the hole of the shock and torque it 120 degrees. I used some lubricant to make it a bit easier, and don't worry about breaking or damaging the shock. Just make sure while you are twisting limit how far you're cranking the shock outwards (if that makes sense)

The first shock literally look less than a minute to rotate. The second one, however, took over 10 minutes (the sucker was determined not to budge). So if you run into the problem of your shock not moving, don't worry, just keep applying some lubricant and keep on trying. In order to get more leverage, I put the short metal bar inside of another larger metal bar. This is what did the trick for that last shock. Eventually it will move.

Hope this informations is helpful. I'll honestly post some more pictures tomorrow - heading back up to college today. Happy New years TW!