Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Avid Sliders on a Reg Cab *Pics Included*

Old 01-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #41
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiepack View Post
Here are 3 picture that I think are important for installing the lift. Err, not game changing pictures, but very useful heads up info.
thanks for the heads up, there is nothing more frustrating then working on a project and having to interrupt the process to get "just one more tool".
Old 01-06-2011, 01:01 AM   #42
2 is 1, 1 is none.
StaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to behold

Army: HIARNG
Name: Mitch
StaticTaco's Tacoma Gallery
how are the sliders holding up? are they pretty sturdy? im considering purchasing these since i really only want them for ding protection, steps, and looks. btw, great looking truck, much better lifted!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #43
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
Josh (McJosh) got sliders on his 5 lug a few weeks ago, he just has not posted pictures. He also go his sliders from Brandon.

Ive got Beefed Taco's sliders on my 5 lugger. Actually I think I have his First set of Taco sliders and his 1st Taco rear bumper.

Those sliders do look good!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:49 AM   #44
Reepur is on a distinguished road
Reepur's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Reepur, 113tac, Rconectn, Tacorun - thanks guys! : )
ThisGuy - you'll love your new AVID stuff! Are you going to have it powder coated or do a rattle can job?
I used rattle can Bed liner. It really goes on evenly and figure when I touch up dings, it will cover it nicely.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #45
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Reepur, 113tac, Rconectn, Tacorun - thanks guys! : )
ThisGuy - you'll love your new AVID stuff! Are you going to have it powder coated or do a rattle can job?

thanks comiesutra. Here are 3 picture that I think are important for installing the lift. Err, not game changing pictures, but very useful heads up info.

you're exactly right there are two matching plastic pins where you would put any other steps on underneath where you can't really see from the picture I took. But trust me they are there

For those of you who install the kit yourselves I hope the following two pieces of advice help you out (or at least prevent you from dropping too many F-bombs) - the first piece of info is regarding the AAL and the other is about rotating the front shocks 120 degrees.

AAL: When you removed and swap out the stock U bolts with the longer ones in the kit, you're also going to have to swap out the middle screw with another one that uses a different sized nut. The problem is, this new nut doesn't fit in the center hole where the two U bolts go into. Here is a picture comparison

The metal piece that is held by the two u bolts/holds the leaves

Showing the new nut doesn't fit in the hole

Comparison of the new one (left) and the old one (right)

All you need to do is sand this down and you're good to go

Rotating the front Shocks 120 degrees: After you bolt on the front spaces, you have to rotate the shock 120 degrees in order for it to fit correctly back in place. I didn't have the correct tool to compress the shock, so I went over to wheel works to see if they had one I could use. Instead of riping me off, they actually told me how to do it by myself.

After bolting on the new spacer, bolt the shock back in place. Use a metal bar that will fit in the hole of the shock and torque it 120 degrees. I used some lubricant to make it a bit easier, and don't worry about breaking or damaging the shock. Just make sure while you are twisting limit how far you're cranking the shock outwards (if that makes sense)

The first shock literally look less than a minute to rotate. The second one, however, took over 10 minutes (the sucker was determined not to budge). So if you run into the problem of your shock not moving, don't worry, just keep applying some lubricant and keep on trying. In order to get more leverage, I put the short metal bar inside of another larger metal bar. This is what did the trick for that last shock. Eventually it will move.

Hope this informations is helpful. I'll honestly post some more pictures tomorrow - heading back up to college today. Happy New years TW!
I ran into that exact problem. Had to grind out a bigger hole. By the way.. your truck looks sweet! I am digging those sliders.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:45 PM   #46
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
I think this helped me make my decision. Thanks for the great pics and angles
Old 02-09-2011, 05:36 AM   #47
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
i'm not sure if something has changed since 2005 or i just happened to get lucky, but i didn't have to grind down my u-bolt plate for the nut to fit.

thanks again though it's sure to help others.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:46 PM   #48
11-98 MUD
norcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jack
norcal4banger's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry about bringing this one back to life, but can I just go ahead order the ones straight off avid? Or do I need to call to have them shortened cuz of my reg cab?

I've been thinking about this for a long while now and just now seeing it looks freaking awesome.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:15 AM   #50
11-98 MUD
norcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jack
norcal4banger's Tacoma Gallery
I am tomorrow!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #52
nickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nice

Name: Nick
nickonfire700's Tacoma Gallery
I know I am really bringing this one back from the dead, but where do these really bolt up to on the body? It would be nice if Avid got a picture up on their website to so people, because I am very interested in buying these sliders.
Thanks.