Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Avid Sliders on a Reg Cab *Pics Included*

Old 12-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
aggiepack is on a distinguished road

Name: Nate
aggiepack's Tacoma Gallery
Avid Sliders on a Reg Cab *Pics Included*

After some miserably cold and wet weather, I was able to spray paint my Avid Sliders and mounted them on my reg. cab today. If anyone has been hesitant or tentative about buying sliders from Avid Offroad I really recommend them. Brandon is a great guy and puts together a solid piece of work. I haven't seen too many reg cabs with sliders so I thought I would add a pic or two to the collection. Now I just have to wait for another clear day to install the readylift kit! Just a note - 235 bfg's on stock rims. Screw those puny 215's :P. But I wish I could put on 45's after the lift...oh well, maybe I'll get some new wheels and tires in a few years

the slide out just enough to protect the sides. I'll upload a pic of my passenger door later - basically some idiot scraped the hell out of it, and at least I'll also have some protection if that ever happens again
Old 12-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Very very nice I like it!
Old 12-20-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!! I almost bought the Avids! They look good!
Old 12-20-2010, 05:21 PM   #4
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
I think your the only 5-lugger with sliders!
Old 12-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #5
150,000 miles and counting
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

Name: sean
mcleod90's Tacoma Gallery
How are they as a step into your truck?
Old 12-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
so this is just a visual mod right? I don't understand how this is very useful.

Looks nice though

EDIT: I see that you're going to install a lift.. gotcha!
Old 12-20-2010, 05:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleod90 View Post
How are they as a step into your truck?
As a step they feel solid. I'mm not saying you'd be able to have a dance party on them, but as long as you bolt them in (i got the bolt ons on the weld ones) tight enough they'll do their job. My truck at the moment isn't that high off the ground to begin with, so I actually used them to scrape the mud off my shoes today more than using them as they're supposed to be used :P but when I install the readylift kit I'm sure I'll be using them more and more. I've got some pretty short friends in college, and when I see them in a week or two I'll give you their input on how they work

thanks for the comments guys!

EDIT: Ywen yeah haha definitely will install the lift once I get a day without rain over here! And they also protect the sides. I'll upload a picture tomorrow of my passenger door. Some idiot scraped the living hell out of it, and now i got these 3 black lines >: [
Old 12-20-2010, 05:52 PM   #8
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
They are a good modd just for every day use in case someone hits you. Even wheeling stock height sliders are prolly one of the best modds.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:11 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!! Avid is the way to go!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:11 PM   #10
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
hell ya!!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:55 PM   #11
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
That looks tasteful man, very tasteful. I like it. I may have to consider doing this, gonna have to save up.

Could you take a few more shots? Would really like to get a feel for them.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:01 PM   #12
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
looks good, ive been looking at sliders, if i end up lifting my truck ill probably end up getting then but idk if i want relentless or avid or some other brand
Old 12-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
That looks tasteful man, very tasteful. I like it. I may have to consider doing this, gonna have to save up.

Could you take a few more shots? Would really like to get a feel for them.
Thanks for the comments quaker. I'll definitely take more pictures from different angles and heights if the weather permits tomorrow.

113tac i'm sure you'll make a great choice! To be honest, I was looking at the pros and cons (basically just the look) on relentless' and avid's especially because a lot of the pictures of them are on double cabs or access cabs. When I upload more pictures for Quaker and everyone I hope it helps with your decision
Old 12-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #14
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
alright cool, hopefully it does help
Old 12-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #15

alright, so here are some more pictures. These first two pictures show how it looks like from the very front and the very back - as you can see you can't see them. The next two photos show what they look like when a door is open (note: you can have a shoe sit on top of the sliders w/o falling off). Then there's a picture of what it looks like from underneath at an angle, and final a picture of the entire thing up top from an angle. Hope these help

Old 12-21-2010, 04:29 PM   #16
Rconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rconectn's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice! Now I know what my sliders will look like. I placed a order with Avid about two weeks ago for my 5lug, also the bolt on. My 5lug is also white so it's just like I was looking at my truck! Brandon told me it will take about three weeks to receive them. How long did it take for you?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:34 PM   #17
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Wow...I'm surprised at how much I like those on the 5 lug.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:04 PM   #18
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiepack View Post
After some miserably cold and wet weather, I was able to spray paint my Avid Sliders and mounted them on my reg. cab today. If anyone has been hesitant or tentative about buying sliders from Avid Offroad I really recommend them. Brandon is a great guy and puts together a solid piece of work. I haven't seen too many reg cabs with sliders so I thought I would add a pic or two to the collection. Now I just have to wait for another clear day to install the readylift kit! Just a note - 235 bfg's on stock rims. Screw those puny 215's :P. But I wish I could put on 45's after the lift...oh well, maybe I'll get some new wheels and tires in a few years
your truck looks great. i am really looking forward to seeing your truck with the lift and the 235s. I am getting some 235 Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61 and am still undecided on the lift. there are very few people with that combination and who take more than one picture.

looks like you off to a great start, keep it up.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #19

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
where are they mounted to, i cant really tell from the pic
Old 12-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #20
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
I think your the only 5-lugger with sliders!
Josh (McJosh) got sliders on his 5 lug a few weeks ago, he just has not posted pictures. He also go his sliders from Brandon.