Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

98' Taco 2WD Wheel Spacer ?

Old 12-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
Apfrank2008 is on a distinguished road
Apfrank2008's Tacoma Gallery
98' Taco 2WD Wheel Spacer ?

Can anyone recommend me a place to purchase 2" wheel spacers for the rear that'll fit a 98' 2WD Taco? I can't seem to find any websites for my vehicle that list spacers. I don't want junk either, i'd like to do it the right way.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
BUMP, still haven't found anything that I trust.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
2 threads down: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/5-l...l-spacers.html

2" is pretty big though. May want to limit yourself at like 1.5"....
Old 01-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think your going to have much luck on that. I am not trying to be a smart ass by saying this, but doing it the right way would be to get the right rims for your truck.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
I don't think your going to have much luck on that. I am not trying to be a smart ass by saying this, but doing it the right way would be to get the right rims for your truck.
Agreed, but, when I put the 3" spindle lift on the front of my truck, it never said anywhere in the description that it was manufactured with a 2" offset. Needless to say after I got it installed I noticed it and didn't feel like making a big deal out of it because it was such a pain in my ass to install. So, this is my only option unfortunately. I have the correct wheels for my truck by the way, OEM. I know allpro has hub-centric spacers but nothing available for a 5 lug wheel. Spidertrax has a hub-centric 5 lug spacer but not available for a 98 2WD Taco. The 2WD is really killing me on this spacer hunt.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:27 AM   #6
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ezaccessory.com/

Check these guys out and give them a call. I've never bought anything through them, but looks like you can get something custom. You probably need to run hub-centric adapters and ask them if their hardware is grade 8.

A little side note to help you out with preventing future issues. Check the bedsides for clearance. 2" is a big difference in the rear. I'd recheck your tire width in the front and back. I don't think lift spindles kick out each side 2". It might be just 1.25" If you don't mind me asking, why don't you like the slight offset up front?
Old 01-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTaco461 View Post
http://www.ezaccessory.com/

Check these guys out and give them a call. I've never bought anything through them, but looks like you can get something custom. You probably need to run hub-centric adapters and ask them if their hardware is grade 8.

A little side note to help you out with preventing future issues. Check the bedsides for clearance. 2" is a big difference in the rear. I'd recheck your tire width in the front and back. I don't think lift spindles kick out each side 2". It might be just 1.25" If you don't mind me asking, why don't you like the slight offset up front?
You're probably right about the 2", I forgot that my aftermarket wheels had a lot of backspacing and they were extremely wide which probably made the spacing seem a lot worse than it really was. I just put my OEM wheels back on with some snow tires that are stock size and it doesn't seem as extreme. I'll take some pics tomorrow so you can see for yourself. I've always been a fan of things matching so thats why the offset up front bugged me. It was a eyesore staring down the side of my truck and seeing the difference in width. Also, I purchased a bullbar/skidplate for my 98 and was wondering since the taco in your picture looks around the age of mine and has a bullbar/skidplate if the front bumper was a b**** to remove or not. Also, what did you do with your bumper mounted turn signals?

Edit: just found these spacers, anyone think i'll have problems mounting these on my 98' Taco 2WD? http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota...i00000439.html
They say they are hubcentric and my bolt pattern is 5x115mm, these say they are 5x114.3 which i'm assuming will fit.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:56 AM   #8
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't tell you if the front bumper is a pain to remove. Can't be too bad. Mine front bumper is custom. For blinkers, I have a tab welded on and a DOT approved halogen blinker that I spliced into the main wires. It didn't make the crazy fast blinker thing you see on cheap civics trying to do LEDs blinkers. Do a search on here, all the first gen bumpers are the same mounting for the most part. Those look like the right type of spacers. Just measure to check your offset just in case. HAHA don't think there is a fix for my offset until I switch my axle out for a ford 9 inch. Yes our lug pattern is 5x114.3mm or 5x4.5"
Old 01-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #9
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
You can get 5 lug spacers off ebay. Just make sure you get the correct bolt pattern, 6061 billet aluminum and that the center bore is large enough. I recommend 1.25 or 1.5 spacers at the most. Don't forget loctite blue.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #11
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
^2 u dont need extended studs if you get the adapters. they bolt on and are not just thick spacers.