Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Opinion on these wheels?

Old 12-22-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
RobZ71LM7 is on a distinguished road
RobZ71LM7's Tacoma Gallery
Question Opinion on these wheels?

Ok I'm going to upgrade to either a 225/70/15 or 235/70/15 with Michelin LTX M/S tires. I'd like to swap to alloy wheels and keep my steel wheels as winter rim with firestone winterforce tires.

I'm having a hard time deciding if these would look good on my truck with truck tires. There are few truck styled wheels available in this size.

1) Drag DR33
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...797&wd=15&rw=7

2) Drag DR34
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=7&vid=014530

3) OE wheels painted gunmetal gray with weights on inside

Attached is a picture of the truck as it sits now. I like the way it's geared and don't want to go much higher with larger tires and I love the LTX M/S tires which I think will work better on a boat ramp than passenger car tires.
Attached Thumbnails
Opinion on these wheels?-imgp0019.jpg  
Old 12-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
there are people here who can photo shop them onto your truck for you........i like the second ones by just seein the wheels alone.....
Old 12-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
second ones x2

seven spoke wheels always look unbalanced to me.

although gun metal looks good on the stock steelies IMHO, i think quaker painted his that color.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #4
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think the second set would look good with big tires IMO, i vote either first or last options

also just a heads up idk if you were using the links just as a random example but the ones you posted arent the correct bolt pattern
Old 12-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #5
Yota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Yota Newb's Tacoma Gallery
If I had to choose from the two I would pick the first set. I think they would look the best with more rubber on them. The second set would look good with low pro tires.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:00 AM   #6
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
also just a heads up idk if you were using the links just as a random example but the ones you posted arent the correct bolt pattern
"5-100/11440GM"

According to the web site's legend, the wheel fits both 5-100 and 5-114 mm patterns (two sets of lug holes). 40GM means 40 mm offset and gunmetal finish.

IMO the second design with thicker spokes is more damage-tolerant.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:11 AM   #7
x ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
x ynot's Tacoma Gallery
i like the second set
Old 12-23-2010, 09:52 AM   #8
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Neither one of those belong on a truck. Honestly that would be something you'd throw on a Scion TC or a RSX or something. I think on a truck they'll look a little odd.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #9
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
15in is a bit small imo.

Just put some x-runner wheels on there
Old 12-24-2010, 01:36 AM   #10
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
15in is a bit small imo.

Just put some x-runner wheels on there
noooooooooooooooooo we don't need another one there's already 120323894691234612364238492 5 lug trucks with XR rims...not like they look bad tho lol

anyway...to the OP. honestly i would at least bump the rim size up to a 17", unless your going with a big tire kinda deal. but i kinda like the first one
Old 12-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #11
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
OE painted is your best option. 15" aftermarket rims would look lame. your truck needs atleast 17"s and if its not lowered, then it looks like youre trying too hard. just MHO.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #12
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
"5-100/11440GM"

According to the web site's legend, the wheel fits both 5-100 and 5-114 mm patterns (two sets of lug holes). 40GM means 40 mm offset and gunmetal finish.

IMO the second design with thicker spokes is more damage-tolerant.
oh i didnt notice that it didnt have two sets
Old 12-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #13
RobZ71LM7 is on a distinguished road
RobZ71LM7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikbean562 View Post
OE painted is your best option. 15" aftermarket rims would look lame. your truck needs atleast 17"s and if its not lowered, then it looks like youre trying too hard. just MHO.
That's kind of how I've been feeling in general. I wanted a nicer looking set of wheels, but "tuner wheels" seem to be the only aftermarket option. Toyota OE alloys from other cars (Camry, Sienna, Rav4) limit me to passenger car tires or if I can get truck tires in those sizes the OD is so large I'd want to regear. I think I'm just going to paint the OE wheels a size or two larger in a truck specific tire.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #14
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikbean562 View Post
X2, OP, with a 5-lug, you need to pick one direction and save up for it:

1: Fat Bob's lift and 31" tires.
2: 18's or 20's and a drop (this is what I would do if I had bought a 5-lug)