Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

5 lug wheel spacers

Old 12-27-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
Question 5 lug wheel spacers

Ive posted this before with no responses. Ive been searching for a few months and havnt come up with anything. has anyone else found anything?
Old 12-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
possibly try jeep spidertrax? i dunno if they would fit i just know they're 5 lug
Old 12-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
thats what i was thinking but i thing the bolt pattern may be different? not sure
Old 12-28-2010, 05:41 AM   #4
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
i am pretty sure that XJs and TJs have the same bolt pattern.

yup they do http://www.spidertrax.com/1987-06-Wr...002-Up-Liberty
Old 12-29-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
c2thegreat is a jewel in the roughc2thegreat is a jewel in the roughc2thegreat is a jewel in the rough

Army: Infantry
c2thegreat's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried emailing spidertrax to see if the jeep ones will fit on a 5 lug?
Old 12-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2thegreat View Post
Have you tried emailing spidertrax to see if the jeep ones will fit on a 5 lug?
i just did and will report back the answer as soon as i know unless someone else beats me too it.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
I just went through this but posted on TORA under the LT section as I wanted my rear to be a little closer to my track width of my LT front.

I did a lot of research and the only people who made on specifically for our trucks was WabFab. Spidertrax told me it would work to run a jeep spacer on my taco (idk why they said it wont and not to do it even at my own risk).

Anyways I ordered WabFab because after all they say they are made for the 5 lug taco. I got them and they fit great and quality is nice but the Lugs are a different thread pitch than stock Toyota. I contacted them and asked if it was a mistake, he told me "thats just the way it is". To me if you say its for the 5 lug taco then it needs to have the same lugs so I dont have to run mix matched lug nuts. Apparently this comany doesnt think the same way I do though

Anyways I just decided id change the lugs myself to make them match. easy, right? Wrong. I spent hours looking at all sorts of stores that had HUGE selections of lugs trying to find one with the right splines in our thread pitch but found nothing. Why these guys didnt just make their spacer witht he right lugs is beyond me but I am 100% not happy that I have to run mix-matched lug nuts. Thats the whole reason I bought their spacers instead of just trying to run some Spidertrax or something.

In short, Yes Wabfab makes them but your lugnuts wont match. A guy on TTORA posted the name of a company that can make you some custom and correct. Wish I had gone that route...
Old 01-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #8

Here's the official word from spidertrax

"Thanks for the interest in Spidertrax wheel spacers. Unfortunately the spacers will not work on the 5 lug Toyota trucks. Our spacers are designed vehicle specific and while the lug pattern may be the same the way the space mounts and centers is different. I am not sure who makes a spacer for the 5 lugs. Good luck on your search.

Have a nice day,
Ross Stanford"
Old 01-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #9
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
thats exactly what I got then I emailed back and got the response I posted.

If you dont mind mismatched lug nuts the Wabfab spacers are built well.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #10

Do you know the name of the custom spacers from TT?
Old 01-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #11
Duck Killing Machine

Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165274

Thats the thread.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:42 AM   #12
chickentruck is on a distinguished road

chickentruck's Tacoma Gallery
jk motorsports
Old 01-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #13
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
NakedTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
polyperformance.com has 5x4.5 wheel spacers

also wabfab spacers are shit...i will never run them again

here is another site
http://www.motorsport-tech.com/wheel_spacers.html
Old 01-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #14
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
I would never use any type of spacers. Get wheels that have the offset you want. A spacer is an accident waiting to happen.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #15
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
NakedTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCPA View Post
I would never use any type of spacers. Get wheels that have the offset you want. A spacer is an accident waiting to happen.
thats not true...there are guys that have ran spacers in thier off road race trucks ....
Old 01-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #16
kite will become famous soon enough

kite's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Gotta love a misinformed poster
Old 01-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #17
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedTacoma View Post
thats not true...there are guys that have ran spacers in thier off road race trucks ....
They also set up their offset on the wheels they use, the camber, toe-in and other adjustment factors to compensate for the offset the spacers provide. When you do not compensate for the additional offset created by the spacer you are putting loads on your components that they are not designed for. You might not exceed what those components are designed for. And again you might.

YMMV
Old 01-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #18

JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kite View Post
Gotta love a misinformed poster
See the previous response.

If misinformed is the same as being without experience you are talking through your hat. When a spacer breaks at speed I can testify that it is a VERY bad thing.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #19
chickentruck is on a distinguished road

chickentruck's Tacoma Gallery
I ran them years ago on a sandrail vw. I was always checking them because they would work loose. I wasnt a big fan of thread lock because I would be changing between different wheels for different places of play. I would not use them on a daily driver.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #20
kite will become famous soon enough

kite's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
They also set up their offset on the wheels they use, the camber, toe-in and other adjustment factors to compensate for the offset the spacers provide. When you do not compensate for the additional offset created by the spacer you are putting loads on your components that they are not designed for. You might not exceed what those components are designed for. And again you might.

YMMV
So you need to compensate for the additional loads caused by a spacer but not a low offset rim???

Running a spacer puts the same forces on the suspension as a low offset wheel with the same amount of backspacing. Simple physics.

Assuming they are installed correctly and built well, they are safe.