Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Want to put Body Lift on 2nd Gen 5-Lug

Old 12-28-2010, 06:57 AM   #1
pyro13g will become famous soon enoughpyro13g will become famous soon enough

Name: Will
pyro13g's Tacoma Gallery
Want to put Body Lift on 2nd Gen 5-Lug

I have an 07 Tacoma 4cyl 5 lugger and I want to put a body lift kit on since the suspension kits are not made for 5-luggers.... Has anyone put a body lift on their taco or know of where I can buy a body lift kit?

Thanks

Old 12-28-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...lug-build.html

Not mine, but he's got a suspension lift for his 5-lugger
Old 12-28-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
You beat me to it! I was just about to post his build. Great minds think alike

Yeah, I think he's got Readylift with Bilstein shocks and struts..
Old 12-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
Yota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Yota Newb's Tacoma Gallery
Ready Lift and FatBobsGarage.com have 2.75" suspension lifts for our 5-Lugs. That is the direction I would go. They aren't that expensive:http://www.readylift.com/c-107-toyot...-275f175r.aspx

There is also a YouTube video showing step by step how to install the ReadyLift kit on a 5-lug. Body lifts aren't very good, go too much and they look like crap. Suspension lifts are much safer and look better, IMO.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
Poot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Poot Klopp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...lug-build.html

Not mine, but he's got a suspension lift for his 5-lugger
Safe to say that if anyone comes here and ask for something on a 5 lug just post his profile for an example
Old 12-29-2010, 07:21 AM   #6
pyro13g will become famous soon enoughpyro13g will become famous soon enough

Name: Will
pyro13g's Tacoma Gallery
I do quite a bit of offloading actually so I'm glad you mentioned that there are horror stories with body lift kits... Thanks! I already have the ready lift on my truck and I was looking for a little bit more lift because it's not as tall as a stock 6 lug... But I guess i can always go bigger on the tires up to 32" I think. I have 30" on it now...

Thanks everyone!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:38 AM   #7
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro13g View Post
I do quite a bit of offloading actually so I'm glad you mentioned that there are horror stories with body lift kits... Thanks! I already have the ready lift on my truck and I was looking for a little bit more lift because it's not as tall as a stock 6 lug... But I guess i can always go bigger on the tires up to 32" I think. I have 30" on it now...

Thanks everyone!
I have FatBob's lift on my 5lug, 31's and my 5 lugger is as high as stock 6lugger...
Old 12-29-2010, 03:43 PM   #8
c2thegreat is a jewel in the roughc2thegreat is a jewel in the roughc2thegreat is a jewel in the rough

Army: Infantry
c2thegreat's Tacoma Gallery
The body lifts for the 6 lug trucks will fit on your truck. The suspensions are different but the body mounts are the same on 5&6 lug trucks.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #9
bills yota 2wpeel has a spectacular aura aboutbills yota 2wpeel has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bill
bills yota 2wpeel's Tacoma Gallery
check out this thread pyro
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...t-2nd-gen.html

I put this all together in my driveway one weekend. I havent had any problems with it since. Id say to def buy the urd short throw shift kit as it raises the lever by 1".
Old 01-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #10
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
body lifts are not recommended for offroad use unless you reinforce the mounts somehow.