LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

If I were going for a PreRunner look....

Old 12-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
Yota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Yota Newb's Tacoma Gallery
If I were going for a PreRunner look....

Let's say I wanted to make my 5-lug have a regular cab pre runner look. What do you think I would have to do/add to my truck?

I know I can just get 31/10.5/r15's but I was just thinking about doing something different.

If I were to put the ReadyLift kit on and find some 16" 5-lug wheels and throw some 245/75's on it, would that be close?
Old 12-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Would be close. Might want some fender flares too. Maybe some prerunner badges too?
Old 12-30-2010, 07:44 PM   #4
Yota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Prerunner as in factory prerunner or prerunner as in legitimately run through the desert at 100mph?
Lol, just the factory Tacoma PreRunner look
Old 12-30-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
a prerunner light bar or bumper would help the look, wheel spacers..
Old 12-30-2010, 08:12 PM   #7

Yeah neslerrah's 5-Lug is awesome! I guess mainly what I am going for is a better ride height and some bigger tires but don't really want to go with 31's because I don't want to lose a bunch of power and mpg's, nor do I want to regear.

I may also just put 235's on it and leave it stock height, but I have been toying with this idea because I think regular cab pre runner's look sweet.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:46 PM   #8
150,000 miles and counting
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

Name: sean
mcleod90's Tacoma Gallery
Join the club. I'm pretty sure majority of us want that look. I'm in the process of saving some money so hopefully mine will look like one in about 4-6 months.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:27 AM   #9
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Newb View Post
Yeah neslerrah's 5-Lug is awesome! I guess mainly what I am going for is a better ride height and some bigger tires but don't really want to go with 31's because I don't want to lose a bunch of power and mpg's, nor do I want to regear.

I may also just put 235's on it and leave it stock height, but I have been toying with this idea because I think regular cab pre runner's look sweet.
My 5lugger is as high as stock PreRunner. If you do ANYTHING get rid of the Dunlop Grandcrap's, they are the worst tires ever... The used 31's I got handle so much better and are 150TIMES better in rain!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:44 AM   #10

I agree, these Dunlops are something terrible. They were fine last spring and summer but this winter I am finding myself wanting some more serious tread. I plow snow, and have a work truck to do so.....but I have to make it to work to get it and when I go out, the roads are at their worst. This limited slip has been nice and the fact that the truck is pretty small and relatively light.

I can't decide if I want to lift because I do still owe quite a bit on it and am thinking that wouldn't be the best idea. Might go with some 235/75/r15's but in a much more aggressive tread.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:15 PM   #11
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I agree, these Dunlops are something terrible. They were fine last spring and summer but this winter I am finding myself wanting some more serious tread. I plow snow, and have a work truck to do so.....but I have to make it to work to get it and when I go out, the roads are at their worst. This limited slip has been nice and the fact that the truck is pretty small and relatively light.

I can't decide if I want to lift because I do still owe quite a bit on it and am thinking that wouldn't be the best idea. Might go with some 235/75/r15's but in a much more aggressive tread.
You can install the lift in an afternoon and take it off just as easily.... I don't see the point?

Trust me lift it, put some 31's on it and you will LOVE it, I guarantee it!

I wasn't so happy with the stock 5lugger, however that's all I could afford. After I lifted it & put 31's on it, I fell in love with my little Taco
Old 12-31-2010, 03:01 PM   #12
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
if you take the truck out into the dirt or at least offroad to go camping, i vote you go more with performance and do coilovers...

this is my buddy Cody's 05+ 5 lug with SAW coilovers up front, stock leafs in rear...

Attached Thumbnails
If I were going for a PreRunner look....-cody-003a.jpg   If I were going for a PreRunner look....-cody-001a.jpg   If I were going for a PreRunner look....-cody-002a.jpg  
Old 12-31-2010, 03:11 PM   #14
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
yah, i didnt believe him when i first met him... i had to see these up close for myself...

no luck on the first gens...

by the time SAW came up with these for the new gen, there just wasn't enough demand for the first gens i guess...
Old 12-31-2010, 03:33 PM   #15
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
if you take the truck out into the dirt or at least offroad to go camping, i vote you go more with performance and do coilovers...

this is my buddy Cody's 05+ 5 lug with SAW coilovers up front, stock leafs in rear...

This thing is bad ass!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 03:51 PM   #16
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery

not prerunner but a readylift-

Old 02-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #17
fltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Munitions systems craftsman
Name: daniel
fltacoma's Tacoma Gallery
that truck looks pretty sick schiz!
Old 02-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #18
Livin' the taco life
jcemitte is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
jcemitte's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
i <3 this truck....
Old 02-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #19
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdmv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Let's say I wanted to make my 5-lug have a regular cab pre runner look. What do you think I would have to do/add to my truck?

I know I can just get 31/10.5/r15's but I was just thinking about doing something different.

If I were to put the ReadyLift kit on and find some 16" 5-lug wheels and throw some 245/75's on it, would that be close?

Thats what I got... I love it... dont forget to upgrade shocks/struts..
Old 02-08-2011, 11:33 PM   #20
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
why not just save money and use stock rims? just get 235s or 30s or 31s with a lift?