Notices

vibrations and such

Old 01-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
Mt Taco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: A1C, propusion apprentice, 1 SOW
Name: Derek
Mt Taco's Tacoma Gallery
vibrations and such

Hello everyone, my names Derek and I recently got a 2010 tacoma. It didnt take long for me to catch the bug to start fixing her up, and with your help I decided to get some 30" geolander A/Ts on some 17's.

On with the topic at hand. I have noticed a lot of vibrations from the time I got the truck especially off road and am wondering what solutions are available (if any). It mainly happens when I give it a little too much gas and the tires lose traction. It seems like the wheels start hopping a lot and the shifter starts flailing around. being a regular cab 4 cyl I can see why it would be built or comfort rather tan off road but I would prefer a much stiffer ride. Thanks in advance or helping out a newb such as myself.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Happens to me all the time. The shifter fumbles around because your drivetrain is moving and swaying. Since you have a 5 lug your already SUA so the wheel hope is just that, traction loss...try to deflate your tires to 10-20psi for wheeling. The added traction should help out with the take off traction and be easy on the skinny.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:12 PM   #3
Mt Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Do they make more solid engine/transmission mounts for our trucks? I havent been able to find anything
Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Not that I know of. For the V6 6 speed manual they have a TSB (toyota service bulletin) for it but nothing for our trucks that I know of. I would really like something though.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:19 AM   #5
Public Servant Enemy #1
ISUGrad05 is on a distinguished road

ISUGrad05's Tacoma Gallery
hmm, maybe your tires are out of balance. I bought brand new tires one time and at 65 mph the car was hopping down the road. Took it back in and they forget to put weights on both the front wheels.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #6
Mt Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Found some universal polyurethane bushings.. doesnt seem like the best option, anyone have experience with these?

Also found these: http://4xinnovations.com/p-TCC1326.html

Basically solid transmission mount but of course they are for 1g 4wd models......
Old 01-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
if you are offroad, you will get vibrations. Just go faster and the vibrations will lessen usually lol. Make sure nothing is loose underneath your truck.

There is no need to change your engine or tranny mounts unless you are racing. If you change them, your whole truck will shake like crazy and is super annoying.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #8
Mt Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Ha yea more speed helps! The vibrations have subsided some with the bigger tires I have on there now, since I dont have to put my foot in the gas as heavy to avoid getting stuck. It was mainly wheel hopping I was feeling.
As far as the transmission mounts I think i'll stick with stock, its not doing any harm the way it is so ill save my money for a toolbox and some other stuff.