Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

5 lug Leveling Kit

Old 01-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
JMCTacoma is on a distinguished road
JMCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
5 lug Leveling Kit

Need your suggestions, I have a base reg cab, and I have been doing some researching, I am aiming to just lift the truck up a little to match the height of the rear would a leveling kit fix this (suggestions?). Or should i go straight to a ready lift kit? has anybody just done the leveling kit?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #2
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
The Cleanest 5 lugger build I've ever seen.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ger-build.html
Old 01-12-2011, 05:06 AM   #3
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
this may help

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...-my-5-lug.html
Old 01-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
save your money wait for the mid travel kit if you even think you might take it offroad. A midtravel front with longer shackles in the rear will go a lot farther than spacer/aal. Also shackle lifts are better than aal.

If not then a spacer in the front is fine and then run 235's or 30 inch tires.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
save your money wait for the mid travel kit if you even think you might take it offroad. A midtravel front with longer shackles in the rear will go a lot farther than spacer/aal. Also shackle lifts are better than aal.

If not then a spacer in the front is fine and then run 235's or 30 inch tires.
Thank for the info! Im thinking at this point i might just go the spacer route, Im already running 235's and I like the look of it. how big of a spacer would I have to go to match the stock height of the rear? I was thinking 2" ?
Old 01-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #6
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
yes 2 inches would just about level it out.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
Ezriderga will become famous soon enough

Navy: USS JONAS INGRAM DD938
Ezriderga's Tacoma Gallery
I leveled mine by using 1" lowering blocks in the rear. Got rid of that awful gap. This is the only pic I have right now. Lower pic before; pic in snow after

5 lug Leveling Kit-snow-blizzard-01.10.11-truck-006.jpg
Old 02-15-2011, 12:06 AM   #8
11-98 MUD
norcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jack
norcal4banger's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered a 2.75" front only a few days ago. Will install this weekend and post pics. I'm sure I'll be looking a little ass heavy but we'll see
Old 02-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal4banger View Post
I ordered a 2.75" front only a few days ago. Will install this weekend and post pics. I'm sure I'll be looking a little ass heavy but we'll see
Sweet, cant wait for the pics, just curious, Which kit did you decide to go with?
Old 02-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #10
11-98 MUD
norcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
I actually only ordered the front strut spacers. nothing for the rear. They just got delivered and I can't wait to do it. I'm sure I'll end up having to do AAL though.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #11
11-98 MUD

Law Enforcement:
Oh and from fat bob's garage
Old 02-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #12
tootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shedtootall is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Todd
tootall's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh and from fat bob's garage
fat bob FTW! got my 5 lug lift kit from them.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #13
150,000 miles and counting
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

Name: sean
mcleod90's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I actually only ordered the front strut spacers. nothing for the rear. They just got delivered and I can't wait to do it. I'm sure I'll end up having to do AAL though.
did you get it installed yet? i was also thinking about just get the front spacer. but i wanted to see how it looked first.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #14
11-98 MUD

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleod90 View Post
did you get it installed yet? i was also thinking about just get the front spacer. but i wanted to see how it looked first.
Nope get it done monday $350 installed and aligned. However, the shop i'm taking it to are also doing a 1" block in the rear so I would post a pic of just the front spacers but since they're doing the rear now too it would really show how it'd look with just spacers. the shop owner said and I agree with him, that with only the 2.75" in the front it'd make the front about 1" taller than the ass.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #15
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

ya i was wondering because the guy that is going to install mine said that i should just put the spacers on the front so that way i keep the factory ride height in the back so its not as stiff with a AAL.

but i figured it will look weird with the front to high so i told him i wanted to bring the rear up a bit.

you going to put some bigger tires or are you going to keep you 235's
Old 02-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #16
11-98 MUD

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
ya i was wondering because the guy that is going to install mine said that i should just put the spacers on the front so that way i keep the factory ride height in the back so its not as stiff with a AAL.

but i figured it will look weird with the front to high so i told him i wanted to bring the rear up a bit.

you going to put some bigger tires or are you going to keep you 235's

Well I literally just bought my tires. So depending on how much the place I got em from will buy them back and sell me bigger ones for will determine if I get bigger ones. I think my 235s will look kinda goofy but we'll see. Plus I think my 4 banger wouldn't have fun pushing a bigger tire.

As far the rear goes the guy I went to said that I should definitely do the rear just not AAL. He strongly rec'd a 1" block instead of AAL. make the ride a little smoother.

What's the length of the front spacers you were checking out?
Old 02-19-2011, 09:17 PM   #17
11-98 MUD

Law Enforcement:
oh and my buddy and I are doing the it all in my garage now. He said he knows what he's doing and this way I could save $200. I wonder how easy it is to do, the directions are pretty intimidating
Old 02-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #18

i think he said it was 2.5"

he said he could fab up a 6" suspension lift for me and install it for 1800. but i figured theres no point in having a 2wd 4 cylinder with a 6" lift.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #19
11-98 MUD

Law Enforcement:
Yeah with the tires it'd take to fill up the room in the fenders and stuff would but slow you down bad. as if we dont go slow enough :/ lol but that'd look pretty sweet
Old 02-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #20
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i think he said it was 2.5"

he said he could fab up a 6" suspension lift for me and install it for 1800. but i figured theres no point in having a 2wd 4 cylinder with a 6" lift.
you cant lift it 6 inches.... not without replacing the frame....

they gayed our frames that way