LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Spare tire, will it fit...

Old 01-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
Rconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rconectn's Tacoma Gallery
Spare tire, will it fit...

Can a 16x8 rim with 31" DuraTrac fit underneath my 5lug where the spare sits already? I plan to purchase rims soon and I wanted to know if I should purchase the fifth rim, which would be my spare.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
whats the full size?
Old 01-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Wow I seriously doubt it since our trucks came with pizza cutters on them for tires. I don't think my 30s would ever fit underneath though I have not tried it.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #6
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
i would think that if a 275/75/16 fit under a six lug then a 31x10.5 would fit under ours, i dont think that would be different but i could be wrong
Old 01-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
i would think that if a 275/75/16 fit under a six lug then a 31x10.5 would fit under ours, i dont think that would be different but i could be wrong
i would agree with this. although there are many differences between a 5lug and a 6lug the biggest are the suspension and gearing... so assuming that then it should fit.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #8
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiesutra View Post
i would agree with this. although there are many differences between a 5lug and a 6lug the biggest are the suspension and gearing... so assuming that then it should fit.
Agreed. There's a thread around here somewhere that shows how to fit a larger spare under the truck. You just cut the bars off that keep a larger tire from fitting.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:47 AM   #9
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota rates the stock 5 lug as being capable of running a 31" tire w/o modifications. I would think the 31" tire would fit.

And is the unside of a 5 lug bed any different than a 6 lug bed? Why?
Old 01-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #10
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCPA View Post
Toyota rates the stock 5 lug as being capable of running a 31" tire w/o modifications.
really!? where did you get this information from? i would love to read that, it would be nice to know that our trucks are capable of running this size tires. without modifications.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #11
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
You can fit a 31 inch tire under the bed, but it may get close to your exhaust pipe.