Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Skid Plate Build

Old 01-25-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Skid Plate Build

I used steel and aluminum from this rack...

built a metal frame that replaces those 2 factory braces...

made a couple aluminum plates with some holes here and there...

and BLAM! bolt on Baja style skid plate...

Attached Thumbnails
Skid Plate Build-captured-1-25-2011-00009.jpg   Skid Plate Build-captured-1-25-2011-00013.jpg   Skid Plate Build-captured-1-25-2011-00015.jpg   Skid Plate Build-captured-1-25-2011-00014.jpg  
Old 01-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
Taco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant future
Name: j
Taco4Fish's Tacoma Gallery
very nice, whats the price looking like? me want!!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
install that shit and post pics! whats the weight ya think?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
5lug skid plate FTW
Old 01-25-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Texting you in 5 seconds about that one....
Old 01-25-2011, 09:27 PM   #7
Javelina is on a distinguished road
Javelina's Tacoma Gallery
That looks great! Is this for the 1st gen or 2nd gen 5 lug?
Old 01-26-2011, 06:52 AM   #8
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen but I think he makes one for the 1st gen too
Old 01-26-2011, 08:06 AM   #9
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Simply awesome!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #10
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the compliments guys! The one above is going to a gal in HI. This one went to Puerto Rico a year or 2 ago. The aluminum plate can be replaced by a weld in steel plate too for more abuse. But I just love the look the aluminum gives.

2nd gen Taco

1st gen Taco

Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #11
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Now we just need one for a 2nd gen 6 lug

Let me know if that is something you want to take on!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:45 PM   #12
Mudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mudman's Tacoma Gallery
I am interested in a 6lug version as well for the 2nd gen.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #13
Javelina is on a distinguished road
Javelina's Tacoma Gallery
That kicks butt!

For the 1st gen install, is that an aftermarket sway bar on the front? Or is the skid plate compatible with the stock sway bar?
Old 02-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #15
Resident Big mouthed Fat ass.
kingbrian is a jewel in the roughkingbrian is a jewel in the roughkingbrian is a jewel in the roughkingbrian is a jewel in the rough
Name: brian
kingbrian's Tacoma Gallery
WHOA WHOA WHOA!! where do i find more info on the first gen five lugger skid??thats sick!!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:09 AM   #16
Taco Vending Machine

The 6 lug skid plate is planned for the upcoming months. I need a donor truck for a day or 2. It's been on the to do list for too long and me getting backed up from my big move didn't help, and like the DCLB sliders, tube bumpers, swingout tire carrier, etc...they're all on my to do yesterday list.

These 5 lug skids can be found on my website streetacos.com with some different options, and people can always PM or e-mail me too. They can be found on my products page by searching "skid plates". My contact info is on the "contact us" page on my website.

I really appreciate all the good feedback from you guys, it always means a lot to me. I work hard to offer quality products for less than the big guys.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #17
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Brian,

I have a 1st gen 6 lug too so if you cant find a donor truck let me know and im sure we can work something out.

Getting my truck back today and have some ideas to play with, stuff that I think you may enjoy playing with.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #18
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
The 6 lug skid plate is planned for the upcoming months. I need a donor truck for a day or 2. It's been on the to do list for too long and me getting backed up from my big move didn't help, and like the DCLB sliders, tube bumpers, swingout tire carrier, etc...they're all on my to do yesterday list.

These 5 lug skids can be found on my website streetacos.com with some different options, and people can always PM or e-mail me too. They can be found on my products page by searching "skid plates". My contact info is on the "contact us" page on my website.

I really appreciate all the good feedback from you guys, it always means a lot to me. I work hard to offer quality products for less than the big guys.
Brian I'm local and can run up a few times so you can use mine. PM me if you want
Old 11-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #19
Taco Vending Machine

I just did another one of these 2nd gen 5 lug skid plates and added a 2nd bar behind the main plate, and this one has holes in it too. (obviously) It's on it's way to HI.