Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

2nd gen 5lug mid-travel lift, is it a unicorn?

Old 01-28-2011, 05:23 AM   #1
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen 5lug mid-travel lift, is it a unicorn?

I have been hearing that a mid-travel lift is the way to go if you are not desert running, and if you want to maintain the ability to haul a load, over a spacer lift, but who makes them? I have been looking and can not find one for a 2nd gen 5lug, so am I missing something?
Old 01-28-2011, 05:26 AM   #2
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
www.chaosfab.com

The upper control arm kit is a mid travel kit. The kit is just the UCA. You have to buy the SAW or Icon coilovers separately. Studpidhurts is running the TC UCA's and SAW coilovers on the front of his truck.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:33 AM   #3
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thank you, i don't know why i missed that.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:48 AM   #5
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I've been wondering/waiting to see if The Truck Shop will build some Built Right UCA's for the 5 lugs. Last summer I was told they would be working on them in a couple months. More recently I think they are having quality issues with the 6 lug UCA's so the 5 lug may not happen.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:59 AM   #6

that's the only drawback to the 5lug, less aftermarket support.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:58 PM   #7
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
Is the total chaos still the only known way to mid travel the 5 lug? Im going to start buying parts soon. Someone just needs to make a page just on 5 lug suspension. there are like 25 threads on this and noone seems to have a definite answer.

will these kings work if i got the TC UCA?

they are 2.5x8

Old 05-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #8
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
i think those are LT shocks but i may be mistaken
Old 05-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #9

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
The TC kit is still the only one to my knowledge. Both Icon and SAW make coilovers for the TC kit. I think they are both available with reservoirs as well. I don't know the measurements of either of those coilovers. You'd probably be taking a big risk that those Kings would fit and provide a decent ride. There was a guy on here who ordered the Icon coilovers for his 5-lug. After install he said the ride was incredibly stiff. Turns out they sent him the wrong set by mistake. I think he returned them and got the right set. Point is, a longer coilover may physically fit but might be too stiff to provide a decent ride. Personally, I'd go with one of the two made for the TC kit.

However, you might be able to get someone who has the icons or SAW's to measure them for comparison.