LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Lift Spindles Do Work With Stock Wheels

Old 01-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
Resident Big mouthed Fat ass.
kingbrian is a jewel in the roughkingbrian is a jewel in the roughkingbrian is a jewel in the roughkingbrian is a jewel in the rough
Name: brian
kingbrian's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Spindles Do Work With Stock Wheels

so i searched and searched never found much to tell me if they would work or not, so i decided to just try it out and now im posting this for all the guys like me lookin for this in the future.. heres the results:

..and i kinda like it. (BTW 205/70/14 + fabtech spindles) New wheels and 235/75's are comin this week.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Wait... so you changed out major suspension components without knowing for sure if your wheels were going to fit back on or not?

ballsy.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
congrats on the spindles. great way to lift your truck
Old 01-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #4
kingbrian is a jewel in the roughkingbrian is a jewel in the roughkingbrian is a jewel in the roughkingbrian is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
Wait... so you changed out major suspension components without knowing for sure if your wheels were going to fit back on or not?

ballsy.

I dont see the problem, my issue was i was unsure which is why i have had them for almost a month and did not put them on. I called fabtech and The dude said he "thinks" they will fit. So really the only way to find on was to try it. If it didnt work i woulda had to put the stock ones on. I did the work and it only takes about 45 minutes a side including repackin the bearings. It works fine and looks good.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:54 PM   #5
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
yea it fits. very nice! now for some new rims tires , shackles in the rear and a spacer=win!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #6
thanks i actually was tryin to put the spacers in at the same time but i was freezin and the coils were fightin me like crazy so i said eff it am not doin it. im gunna leave the back alone but i will be getting the wheels and ires this week hopefully, 235-75-15's on 15x7 pro comp 1069's. the suspension i think is done for now until i pick up a used TC kit. not really a big fan of Fabtech but i went with the spindles cuz i was so damn low i would scrape my bumper on curbs when i park.. so in other words i have some coil spacers for sale, lol...
Old 02-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #7
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nice! You might have to cut some of the plastic off your front bumper. Are you talking about a used LT kit? Good deal, you can find some every so often for cheap.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I asked Fabtech if they would fit too.. They tell you no for liability purposes. He said "we can't condone or recommend it but we have heard of people using even stock 14" wheels with our spindles"

It looks like our builds are pretty much identical
Old 02-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #9
yeah he wouldnt say yes which is what i wanted to hear so i figured liability or something... kinda funny i even ave the JVC stereo.. My whole goal is to have more of a "truck" not a prerunner or anything but take it up in the mountains out in the desert and do what i want... should work good.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:18 PM   #10

Both of you guys should go out and purchase some moog lower ball joint brackets now so you won't get stranded in the middle of nowhere.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #11
To my knowledge the ball joint brackets are toyota only. Moog makes ball joints but not the brackets. But i have spares and im gunna talk to a machinist to see if i can get a nice beefy bracket set built.