Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Official 5-lug Suspension Setup Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Official 5-lug Suspension Setup Thread

It's been mentioned before that we should probably start a thread similar to our "Current Wheel Setup" one. So here is my contribution.

I have the fat bob's spacer lift, with regular length AALs. It riders rougher than stock but it's because everything is much stiffer know.

also i noticed a similarity between the 2nd gen 5-lug and 6-lug shackles hangers. they look identical and if they are then it would allow us to use any presently manufactured or future shackle flip kits. take a look and weigh in.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...identical.html

Old 02-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
pyro13g will become famous soon enoughpyro13g will become famous soon enough

Name: Will
pyro13g's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed! I have 2.75 in spacer and regular AAL. I have seen the all pro 3" leaf springs but upon reading it it says it only adds 1.5 in of vehicle lift and 3" lift under load meaning it rides 3" higher than stock when it's loaded down. I like the idea of shackles! Let me know if anyone has done this!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
Yota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Yota Newb's Tacoma Gallery
Great idea for this thread.
Mine is just stock for now, but this will give me some ideas. I will probably end up going with the ReadyLift/Fat Bobs lift for mine and try to get some 16" wheels and some 245/75 all terrains or something. I'm trying to get mine paid down some more before I can justify heavily modding it...
Old 02-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kevin from ATO said that they look close. so when he is finished redesigning his shackle flip kit i am going to order a set and give it a try. i would love to have a little bit more articulation and the bed higher than the front. the shackle flip kit adds 1/2 an inch. although not much it will make me feel better. after everything has settled the fat bob's has made the truck level. it's not a bad look but it's not what i prefer.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
My Setup: (3"/3.75" Drop)

Front:
DJM Upper and Lower Control Arms (3" drop)
OEM XRunner Springs and OEM XRunner Bilstien Struts (.25"-.5" Drop)

Rear:
OEM 6 Lug (4x4/PreRunner) Leafs (1.5"-1.75" Drop)
OEM XRunner Bilstien Shocks
Streetacos 2" Tapered Steel Blocks w/ upgraded U-Bolts
Energy Suspension Low Profile Button-Style Bumpstops

DJM UCA and XR Strut & Spring Combo

2" Tapered Beef Blocks w/ 6 Lug Leaf pack & XR Bilstien Shocks

Old 02-10-2011, 05:29 AM   #6

kelson your's is my favorite lowered tacoma by far.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #7
Public Servant Enemy #1
ISUGrad05 is on a distinguished road

ISUGrad05's Tacoma Gallery
I seriously want to do the Total Chaos UCAs with ICON coil overs in 5 years when my truck is paid for and out of warranty.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISUGrad05 View Post
I seriously want to do the Total Chaos UCAs with ICON coil overs in 5 years when my truck is paid for and out of warranty.
Love mine, except I have the 2.5 SAWs. Started out with a ReadyLift SST Kit and eventually upgraded. Can't go wrong with them.

Front:
Total Chaos Upper Control Arms
2.5 SAWs set at enough to give me about 3" of lift

Rear:
TRD Bilstein Shocks
ReadyLift AAL

Old 02-11-2011, 05:27 AM   #10
pyro13g will become famous soon enoughpyro13g will become famous soon enough

Name: Will
pyro13g's Tacoma Gallery
Stupid hurts: I love your rig, wish I had the cash to get the total chaos UCAs... Just out of curiosity how much did you pay and did you find that you needed to extend the steering rods?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #11
Public Servant Enemy #1
ISUGrad05 is on a distinguished road

ISUGrad05's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid hurts. View Post
Love mine, except I have the 2.5 SAWs. Started out with a ReadyLift SST Kit and eventually upgraded. Can't go wrong with them.
Yep, I got the idea from you man. You have one of the sickest looking 5-lugs I've seen. How does it ride after the lift? Also I cant remember did you go with the reservoirs on your SAWs or not? I probably would go without just because I don't hammer on my truck when I am off road.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #12
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro13g View Post
Stupid hurts: I love your rig, wish I had the cash to get the total chaos UCAs... Just out of curiosity how much did you pay and did you find that you needed to extend the steering rods?
Thanks! I actually found the coilovers on CL for $250 from a guy running the same setup. He bought a whole new set because these needed to be rebuilt. I then bought the UCAs for $250 on RDC from a guy who upgraded to Total Chaos' uniball LT kit. I did not have to extend the steering rods, but I had to take off the sway bar as it got in the way of the coilovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISUGrad05 View Post
Yep, I got the idea from you man. You have one of the sickest looking 5-lugs I've seen. How does it ride after the lift? Also I cant remember did you go with the reservoirs on your SAWs or not? I probably would go without just because I don't hammer on my truck when I am off road.
Thanks! It rides stiffer, but it works great off road. Been taking it out to Gorman whenever I get a chance. I don't have reservoirs on mine. Can't decide if I really need them.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #14
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Name: Erick
Denim Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I was wondering Wat is the max height you can lift a 2nd gen 5-lug. And if there was any other kits out there besides fat bobs and the ready lift. Sorry I looked threw all of the 5-lug forum and couldnt really find a place to post this so I decided to post it here.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #15
Yota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Yota Newb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim Dan View Post
Hey I was wondering Wat is the max height you can lift a 2nd gen 5-lug. And if there was any other kits out there besides fat bobs and the ready lift. Sorry I looked threw all of the 5-lug forum and couldnt really find a place to post this so I decided to post it here.
I'm new to Tacomas but as I understand, the Fat Bob's and Readylift are really the only easy option to lift.

You can go all out and get a coil over/long travel lift from places like Total Chaos if you just felt like going crazy with your suspension and your checkbook and we would love to see your truck after it was installed
Old 03-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Newb View Post
I'm new to Tacomas but as I understand, the Fat Bob's and Readylift are really the only easy option to lift.

You can go all out and get a coil over/long travel lift from places like Total Chaos if you just felt like going crazy with your suspension and your checkbook and we would love to see your truck after it was installed
exactly, TC also has a mid-travel UCA for us...
Old 03-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #17
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Newb View Post

Well don't have a truck yet but it's why I'm asking this question do to money expenses I'm looking into getting a 5-lug cause I can't afford a 4x4 just wanted to see Wat was out there for these little bad boys cause if I got a 5-lugger I wabt to already know my options and yes definitely want to get a locker to help out as much as possible
Old 03-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #18
Confusion

Oh one more question Wen a 5-lug is lifted with the ready lift or fat bobs does it go to the ride height of a stock 6-lug? Or higher? Or lower?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim Dan View Post
Oh one more question Wen a 5-lug is lifted with the ready lift or fat bobs does it go to the ride height of a stock 6-lug? Or higher? Or lower?
mine is close to stock height of 6-lugs, but i am running a smaller tire than 245/75/16 which is the stock size for 6-lug. if i were to run that or a 31 i would gain the missing height and sit 1/2" shorter (according to my math).

i've noticed that i sit closer to the stock height of 1-gen 6-lugs with my set-up.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:22 PM   #20
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2" rear Beefed Shackles and 3" Fabtech spindles in the front (Just put on this week )