Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

$700 for my taco

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
Poot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Poot Klopp's Tacoma Gallery
$700 for my taco

Tax return season and spring means I want to spend some tax return money on my taco. I am willing to spend up to $700 of my return. What should I get? I did tires, wheels, and short shifter for xmas. And have a grille for satoshiing (sp). What do people think?

Bought:
- lots of stickers (only this one really - link- )
- Husky floor liners from partsgeek.com for $82 (listed at $89 + shipping on huskyliners.com haha)
- aFe Pro-Dry S Air Filter $40.75

Thinking about:
Seats
- Wet okoles group buy (front seats $188, full piping $32, shipping $20 = $240)
Lights
- slimcubby HID group buy (when the next one starts) Telescopic (hi/low beam) Bixenon: H4 - $124.95 + Flat Rate Shipping
or
- Retrofit Bi-xenon FX-R Stage III Kit ($315)
Lift
- Fat Bobs Toyota Tacoma 2WD 5 Lug Suspension Lift Kit 2005-2009 - $229.95 + shipping
Old 02-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
wheels and a grill would be cool, not sure if you can do all 3 with 700.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
i would go with a lift. although the fat bob's is great i am already saving up for this. http://www.chaosfab.com/88500.html

i know it will be close to blowing the whole budget but you can look around some forums for parts...
Old 02-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
bumper (:
Old 02-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
wet okoles
Old 02-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
Poot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was thinking lift and seat covers since my driver seat has cigarette burns from the previous owner. Maybe go with fat bob and okels. How does it ride after getting fat bob on it? I really don't want added body sway. And would my okels be 40/20/40 bench or is it bucket seats?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #8
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poot Klopp View Post
I was thinking lift and seat covers since my driver seat has cigarette burns from the previous owner. Maybe go with fat bob and okels. How does it ride after getting fat bob on it? I really don't want added body sway. And would my okels be 40/20/40 bench or is it bucket seats?
Do you have the center console?
If you have two seperate front seats with the center console then you would go with the bucket seats.
If you have a solid seat bottom all the way across then you would have to go with a bench seat.
If you have two seperate seats with a small third seat in the center then you would go with a 40/20/40 bench.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #9
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it's much firmer than stock. almost shocking, but after it settles it's not that bad. honestly if you can't wait get the spacer lift. it's not horrible and makes the 5-lug a truck. if ride is important to you then save for the mid-travel or skip lifting it all together. i knew i would go with a lift no matter what. i'm 6'4" and it didn't "feel" right having to sit down into a truck, however i can now slide in and out.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #10
KCCO!!!
MrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Honorable discharge
MrJKC's Tacoma Gallery
I Just bought some N-Fab bars for my truck. that's a good buy for you :-)
Old 02-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #11
150,000 miles and counting
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

Name: sean
mcleod90's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with the fat bobs kit and a new deck.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #12
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
i would do the fat bobs and okoles and maybe weathertech floor mats, but thats because i do a lot of stuff where i get dirty and dont wont to get the inside too dirty
Old 02-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #13
cmcurry123 is on a distinguished road
cmcurry123's Tacoma Gallery
Performance upgrades.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #14
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Upgrade 2 leather katskinz
Old 02-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport11 View Post
Do you have the center console?
If you have two seperate front seats with the center console then you would go with the bucket seats.
If you have a solid seat bottom all the way across then you would have to go with a bench seat.
If you have two seperate seats with a small third seat in the center then you would go with a 40/20/40 bench.
I have the buckets in that case thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiesutra View Post
it's much firmer than stock. almost shocking, but after it settles it's not that bad. honestly if you can't wait get the spacer lift. it's not horrible and makes the 5-lug a truck. if ride is important to you then save for the mid-travel or skip lifting it all together. i knew i would go with a lift no matter what. i'm 6'4" and it didn't "feel" right having to sit down into a truck, however i can now slide in and out.
I'm ok with firmer and not in any rush
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleod90 View Post
I would go with the fat bobs kit and a new deck.
I have my droid in bracketron set up and it is amazing -link-
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
i would do the fat bobs and okoles and maybe weathertech floor mats, but thats because i do a lot of stuff where i get dirty and dont wont to get the inside too dirty
This is what I am leaning towards at the moment but I'm not sure how I feel about the okoles yet.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #16
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Relentless plate bumper or retrofit your lights!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTaCoULuV2Hate View Post
Upgrade 2 leather katskinz
Am I missing something I don't see Tacoma as an option on the website?
Old 02-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #18
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is what I am leaning towards at the moment but I'm not sure how I feel about the okoles yet.
yeah, they're expensive, but depending on how often you might get in your truck wet/dirty would probably help to determine on if they would be worth it. they also look pretty cool too and can make ever truck different
Old 02-15-2011, 03:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstr View Post
Relentless plate bumper or retrofit your lights!
I don't know if I could do a retrofit mostly because I have no idea how and don't think I have the ability. But that does remind me slimcubby HID group buy will be a definite upgrade.

Products Discussed in this Thread