1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspension help!!

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by T-Sali12, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Feb 16, 2011 at 5:02 PM
    T-Sali12

T-Sali12 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4L Standard Cab
    Fabtech 3.5" performance lift, 3" body lift, full magnaflow exhaust, K&N cold air intake, cobra PA, pioneer head unit ans speakers, 2 bazooka 10'' subs with 400w amp
    I have a 1998, 2.4L, base model tacoma. I decided to get the fabtech 3.5in "performance" lift for it. Either it is the worst designed lift ever or they sent me the wrong springs. Either way the springs are so damn stiff, its torture to ride in my truck. Is there any way i can get custom springs made that would just replace the crappy fabtech ones, and just have softer spring rates. Is is possible? Is it worth it? Anyone know of any places that will do it for me? preferably in Socal. Any input would be helpful, thanks!

2. Feb 16, 2011 at 8:53 PM
    kingbrian

kingbrian Resident Big mouthed Fat ass.

Member:
    First Name:
    brian
    I.E. CA.
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4 5 speed xtracab
    Fagtech spindles, Doug Thorley header, Spintech muffler, JVC headunit.
    I dont know of any company that can make you some customs, but they are out there. I had a buddy that had some made when the new dodges first came out and there was nothing out for it. From what i hear that ride is common from those lift i did the fabtech spindles only and kept the factory ride. Also i hear if you disconnect the swar bar the ride gets better.

3. Feb 23, 2011 at 1:12 PM
    5LUGTACO

5LUGTACO Gear Head

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    California
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA 5 LUG
    Total Chaos Mid Travel, Sway away coilovers,31x10.50x15 goodyear wrangler authority's
    I had that kit on my truck for a while i hated the ride, this was when i had a single cab 96 tacoma. I ended up getting the mid travel kit from downey off-road when they were still around it incorporated upper a-arm and bilstein coil-over that bolted to the new lower a-arm they provided and mounted the same as stock in the coil bucket. Truth is there's nothing "performance" about that fabtech kit. The coil is too big so it bows out mine bowed out so much it started rubbing up against the shock and making a hole in it. Your better off just running the spindles and keeping the stock coil/shock. or try and find a good used tc long travel kit not sure how crazy you wana get.

4. Feb 23, 2011 at 3:06 PM
    T-Sali12

T-Sali12 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4L Standard Cab
    Fabtech 3.5" performance lift, 3" body lift, full magnaflow exhaust, K&N cold air intake, cobra PA, pioneer head unit ans speakers, 2 bazooka 10'' subs with 400w amp
    My springs do the exact same thing, they destroyed the shocks that came with the lift. I cant afford to do much more to my truck as far as the tc kit goes, i wish i could. I wish i would have just bought the spindles. I replaced the shocks(no more rubbing at least) and took off the sway bar. The ride is a little better. Thanks for the help.

Products Discussed in

To Top