Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Fat Bob and Bilstein....

Old 02-20-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
Rconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rconectn's Tacoma Gallery
Fat Bob and Bilstein....

Would there be a problem if I put Fat Bob 8000 Series Rear shocks and Bilstein HD (5lug) in the front? I'm just about ready to put on my Readylift lift kit on my Tacoma and was wondering if it would cause trouble.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The bilstein HD's from a 6-lug? I'm not sure if they are the right length or not.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
Rconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
The bilstein HD's from a 6-lug? I'm not sure if they are the right length or not.
No, for 5-lug wheels
Old 02-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I can't think of any issues you would have running different shocks in the front and rear.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #5

Cool
Old 02-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #6
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rconectn View Post
Would there be a problem if I put Fat Bob 8000 Series Rear shocks and Bilstein HD in the front? I'm just about ready to put on my Readylift lift kit on my Tacoma and was wondering if it would cause trouble.
Rear will fit, front 6lug shocks are way longer than 5 lug shocks.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
jdhwang is on a distinguished road
jdhwang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Would there be a problem if I put Fat Bob 8000 Series Rear shocks and Bilstein HD (5lug) in the front? I'm just about ready to put on my Readylift lift kit on my Tacoma and was wondering if it would cause trouble.

Did you ever install the Bilstein HD's in the front? How did it turn out? How's your ride?
Old 05-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhwang View Post
Did you ever install the Bilstein HD's in the front? How did it turn out? How's your ride?

Yes I did install the Bilsteins in the front and my ride is still stiff. Remember anytime you mess with the suspension of any vehicle you will usually get a stiffer ride. You'll get used to it
Old 05-07-2011, 12:42 AM   #10
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
I have bilsteins in front and back and they helped put my truck almost stock smooth.. I spoke with a guy at 4wheelparts before ordering and the shocks and struts that I got would fit a pre-runner tacoma (even though they didnt show that in their handy dandy book). I put them on a few months ago and have done some light off-roading with them too... they work fine for me.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #11
jdhwang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBCdmv View Post
I have bilsteins in front and back and they helped put my truck almost stock smooth.. I spoke with a guy at 4wheelparts before ordering and the shocks and struts that I got would fit a pre-runner tacoma (even though they didnt show that in their handy dandy book). I put them on a few months ago and have done some light off-roading with them too... they work fine for me.

Where did you buy them? Can you send me the link?

I was thinking about only replacing the front two shocks with bilsteins since I thought the shocks from fatbobs were good enough.. but maybe not? maybe i should replace the rear shocks with bilsteins too?
Old 05-08-2011, 12:56 AM   #12
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhwang View Post
Where did you buy them? Can you send me the link?

I was thinking about only replacing the front two shocks with bilsteins since I thought the shocks from fatbobs were good enough.. but maybe not? maybe i should replace the rear shocks with bilsteins too?
I got them from 4wheelparts. I will go through my receipts and Ill get you the exact part numbers. I am sure that the fatbob shocks are good.. but I put the readylift on my truck and it didn't come with longer shocks. Also.. after the lift the front end was stiffer than a mother. Ill get those part numbers for you tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #13
jdhwang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBCdmv View Post
I got them from 4wheelparts. I will go through my receipts and Ill get you the exact part numbers. I am sure that the fatbob shocks are good.. but I put the readylift on my truck and it didn't come with longer shocks. Also.. after the lift the front end was stiffer than a mother. Ill get those part numbers for you tomorrow.

Yea the front is super stiff... I can feel every bump on the road. It drives me crazy.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #14
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
you still have the stock struts up front?!
Old 05-10-2011, 12:03 AM   #15

I have a extra pair of Fat Bob's Performance 8000 Series Rear Shocks. These are brand new, never been used and I'm selling them cheaper than what I paid for them. Here is a link if you are interested in purchasing them.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ocks-pair.html
Old 05-10-2011, 07:52 AM   #17
jdhwang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
you still have the stock struts up front?!
Yes. Sadly. Going to get some bilsteins soon.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #18
jdhwang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a extra pair of Fat Bob's Performance 8000 Series Rear Shocks. These are brand new, never been used and I'm selling them cheaper than what I paid for them. Here is a link if you are interested in purchasing them.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ocks-pair.html
Ah thanks for the offer but I already have a pair of fat bobs 8000s installed in the rear.. it came with fat bobs lift kit. Now my front shocks are another story...
Old 05-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #19
jdhwang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
What is the your tire pressure?
Will check tonight when I get home and let u know.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #20
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else see a rougher ride after the lift? I would think there would be much as it's the same spring