Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

TC UCAs & ICON 2.5 coilover

Old 02-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #21
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
haha i really wanna see it tomorrrow
Old 03-01-2011, 06:17 PM   #23
Hotshot is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Ty
Hotshot's Tacoma Gallery
figured out my problem. Icon installed the wrong spring on the coilovers. sending me new shocks now. all the 5 luggers out there, I highly recommend Total Chaos and Icon. The guys there are cool as s**t and more than willing to make things right.
chaosfab.com, iconvehicledynamics.com.. check em out. late
Old 06-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #24
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
i am buying this kit in a few months and actually just got off the phone with icon -

i am amazed at how much lift it gave. i was concerned about getting my full 3.5" of lift.

how come you didnt get the reservoirs??? if i run 33x12.5r15s you think they will rub on the reservoirs?

should i ditch the reservoirs?

can i see a pic of your truck with the new tires please
Old 06-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #25
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
TC recomends a 31" tire... 33" will be wayyyyyy too big
Old 06-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #26
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
TC recomends a 31" tire... 33" will be wayyyyyy too big
haha fuck recommendations. if everybody did the recommended amount/dosage/restriction then life wouldnt be fun right?
Old 06-14-2011, 08:53 AM   #27
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemicals View Post
haha fuck recommendations. if everybody did the recommended amount/dosage/restriction then life wouldnt be fun right?
life wont be very fun when you have way too big of a tire that rubs on the frame and UCA when you turn the wheel or when the tire is slamming into the shock resi or upper fender well

a tire that big will act as a huge bump stop and limit your suspension up travel like a mo fo and then what's the point on spending $2K on a performance suspension...
Old 06-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #28
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
listen to matt he know his shit hows the sale going matt?
Old 06-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
listen to matt he know his shit hows the sale going matt?
i have zero buyers... so not much of a sale really haha

looks like i'll be keeping my truck for a while longer
Old 06-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #30
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

sweet maybe when i get a better job ill meet you somewhere and well get some wheeling in. honestly if i had the money id buy it haha
Old 06-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #31
Banned
op will you please post some pics with your bigger tires? also can you confirm the amount of lift you got after installing
Old 06-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #32
Firefighter:
Hotshot's Tacoma Gallery
i'll get the new pics in in awhile, if you max out to the full 3.5" youll b riding at the top of the stroke. therefore verytime u go over a speed bump youll feel everything max out. i went to 2 3/4" just out of level and it rides great. beat on it a couple times already and im stoked. point being, u can get the 3.5 but itll ride like shit. pics comin
Old 06-16-2011, 02:26 PM   #34
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
i'll get the new pics in in awhile, if you max out to the full 3.5" youll b riding at the top of the stroke. therefore verytime u go over a speed bump youll feel everything max out. i went to 2 3/4" just out of level and it rides great. beat on it a couple times already and im stoked. point being, u can get the 3.5 but itll ride like shit. pics comin
you made a comment about 6" of lift?
Old 06-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #35
Firefighter:
Hotshot's Tacoma Gallery
ya they originally sent me 6" coilovers for a crew cab taco. looked great but what a ride! so unless u buy their LT kit ur stuck with the 3.5. and just so u know if ur in a peeny pinch, u dont need the uca's the stock will siffice.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #36
Firefighter:
Hotshot's Tacoma Gallery
let me add to that last post.... a 6 lug crew cab taco.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
ya they originally sent me 6" coilovers for a crew cab taco. looked great but what a ride! so unless u buy their LT kit ur stuck with the 3.5. and just so u know if ur in a peeny pinch, u dont need the uca's the stock will siffice.
you need the UCA's for the travel that the coilover provides... the uni-ball allows for the extra droop.

with stock UCA's the down travel will cause the ball joint to fail

that is not good

unless you run a limit strap to keep the suspension from drooping too far... you DO need the UCA's
Old 06-16-2011, 11:32 PM   #38
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
you need the UCA's for the travel that the coilover provides... the uni-ball allows for the extra droop.

with stock UCA's the down travel will cause the ball joint to fail

that is not good

unless you run a limit strap to keep the suspension from drooping too far... you DO need the UCA's
nono i am getting the UCAS - so wait you actually were able to install the 6" lift though????? i want to do that

PICS PWEASE
Old 06-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #39

6 inch lift he got was because he was sent the wrong coilovers. with the right coilover i believe you will get 3-4 inches.
correcet me if im wrong
Old 06-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #40
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
6 inch lift he got was because he was sent the wrong coilovers. with the right coilover i believe you will get 3-4 inches.
correcet me if im wrong
this^^