Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Surprisingly decent looking Mustang rims for my Taco??

Old 03-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #21
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the hub caps still say FORD. Id probably paint that black or silver if i were you. Unless you want the world to know you are rollin mustang wheels.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #23
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentose457 View Post
Looks like the hub caps still say FORD. Id probably paint that black or silver if i were you. Unless you want the world to know you are rollin mustang wheels.
^^^^good idea
Old 03-01-2011, 07:30 AM   #24
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Machine View Post
It being a 2 wheel drive, I don't want big off road looking tires. I want a street truck.

That being said that makes a HUGE difference now we know the direction you want to go in. So if you're goal is to make it a street truck than I'd say YES they are better than the stock wheels. Since a street truck is your goal I'd say you need to drop it at least 2" and get some nice aggressive street tires. Something like these...

Old 03-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #25
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Machine View Post
I can't get bigger tires without running the risk of brake failure.
what
Old 03-01-2011, 07:36 AM   #26
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
^^those are not "street tires" those are MTs on street rims. Op your brakes will not fail with slighty bigger tires. Alot of guys run 33" and even 35" tires without upgrading the brakes
Old 03-01-2011, 07:39 AM   #27
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Remind of Cragar 5 Spokes, all the rage in the late 70s . They look cool.,
Old 03-01-2011, 07:41 AM   #28
ARC is on a distinguished road
Army: MGS Gunner, 1-27INF 25th ID
Name: Andrew
ARC's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure there is now way the TPMS sensors can just work. As far as I know the sensors have to sync with the truck so even if they were Toyota sensors you couldn't just put new ones on the truck.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #29
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
here is a picture of my old 4-lugger with 265s on it. No brake problems, actually handled a lot better once I got rid of those thin little stock tires.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #30
ARC is on a distinguished road
Army: MGS Gunner, 1-27INF 25th ID
Name: Andrew
ARC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
here is a picture of my old 4-lugger with 265s on it. No brake problems, actually handled a lot better once I got rid of those thin little stock tires.

[img]http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr124/bradleyscottthomas/justthetaco.jpg[/imgl]
4 lug?
Old 03-01-2011, 07:46 AM   #31
RiderOnTheStorm will become famous soon enough
Name: Brian
RiderOnTheStorm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentose457 View Post
Was going to say the same thing... Take care of Ford in the center. I think it is a sharp upgrade though!

And as others have said bigger tires (not much bigger) or lower it slightly. That will give it the aggressive street look.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:47 AM   #32
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC View Post
4 lug?
You know what I meant!
Old 03-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #33
Yota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Yota Newb's Tacoma Gallery
So....... Did he try your Tacoma wheels on his Mustang? LOL! That would look funny!
Old 03-01-2011, 10:01 AM   #34
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottri View Post
Looks better than the stocks rims.
x2
Old 03-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #35
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice looking on your taco! I think i'd keep them.. Can always put a TRD sticker over the center caps.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #38
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Nice upgrade from the baby stock wheels. ...definitely get rid of the "Ford" though.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #39
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
I say drop it 2 inches. Dropped it for you in this picture. Solves your brake issue and having to buy tires.
Attached Thumbnails
Surprisingly decent looking Mustang rims for my Taco??-dropped.jpg  
Old 03-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #40
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
This will help you compare the two instead of having to go back and forth.