Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Surprisingly decent looking Mustang rims for my Taco??

Old 03-01-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
Taco Machine is on a distinguished road
Taco Machine's Tacoma Gallery
Surprisingly decent looking Mustang rims for my Taco??

So my friend has a 2010 Ford Mustang GT that he got aftermarket rims for. He mentioned something about getting rid of the rims that came on his Mustang. I knew that mustang rims and my 2011 Taco (access cab 2wd 4cyl) has the same lug pattern etc. So I asked him if I could try them out on my truck.

The stock rims/tire that came on my Taco were awfully small, especially in width. I know I can't get tires that are much bigger in diameter than my stocks without upgrading the brakes or causing brake failure. I looked up the tire size of the rims/tires my friend had and they were exactly the same diameter (plus sizing) but definitely wider...so they were perfect.

But...how do they look?

See attached picture for a before and after look (oh yeah...I also got a tonneau cover for the bed).

I think they look really good, and the extra width makes the tires look proportional to the rest of the vehicle now. The TPMS sensors in the mustang rims even work in my Taco! Ford and Toyota must use the same RF for their sensors, I suppose.
Attached Thumbnails
Surprisingly decent looking Mustang rims for my Taco??-100_0580-copy.jpg  
Old 03-01-2011, 06:51 AM   #2
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMatt02's Tacoma Gallery
they sort of resemble x-runner rims
Old 03-01-2011, 06:52 AM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
looks pretty good
Old 03-01-2011, 06:53 AM   #5
Different angle picture

Here is a pic from an angle.
Attached Thumbnails
Surprisingly decent looking Mustang rims for my Taco??-copy-2011-tacoma-rims-2-.jpg  
Old 03-01-2011, 06:56 AM   #6
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Looks better than the stocks rims.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:57 AM   #7
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
its an upgrade but i would get bigger tires
Old 03-01-2011, 06:57 AM   #8
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
you need a 2/3 drop
Old 03-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #9
Ted Nugent is a glorious beacon of lightTed Nugent is a glorious beacon of lightTed Nugent is a glorious beacon of lightTed Nugent is a glorious beacon of lightTed Nugent is a glorious beacon of lightTed Nugent is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Tim
Ted Nugent's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, real nice!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:59 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
I can't get bigger tires without running the risk of brake failure. I could upgrade the brakes and get bigger tires...but one step at a time I guess. For now these are much better than what I had on there.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:00 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
you need a 2/3 drop
I may drop it a little in the future, but no rush.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:01 AM   #12
Fireguy68 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Fire
Name: A Brown Guy
Fireguy68's Tacoma Gallery
Angle pic makes em look better. I agree on bigger tires.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:01 AM   #13
hunterjody is on a distinguished road
Name: Jody
hunterjody's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! How about the ride? I am sure that it handles better, but are you feeling every bump in the road?
Old 03-01-2011, 07:03 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterjody View Post
Looks good! How about the ride? I am sure that it handles better, but are you feeling every bump in the road?
Honestly it doesn't feel any different. There is still enough profile on the tires that I still get a comfortable ride.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:04 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireguy68 View Post
Angle pic makes em look better. I agree on bigger tires.
It being a 2 wheel drive, I don't want big off road looking tires. I want a street truck.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:12 AM   #16
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Actually looks pretty good. Funny though how it looks like truck is a differant color than before. Good job!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:16 AM   #17
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with Paintdiddy, they look very similar to X-Runner rims. Nice upgrade!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:19 AM   #18
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
you need a 2/3 drop
^this or

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
this...

Rims look great on the truck, but that huge gap between your tires and fenders not so much...
Old 03-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #19
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty Cool
Old 03-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #20
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
whats this about brake failure?