1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rookie with tire questions

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by jmtz14690, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Mar 1, 2011 at 5:10 PM
    jmtz14690

jmtz14690 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Access Cab 2wd 4cyl 5 speed manual
    Hi all,

I recently purchased an 06 Tacoma Access Cab 2wd with stock rims and tires. I love the truck but it is a little lower to the ground than I would like.

I would very much like to get some bigger tires for this truck. I want something to fill out the wheel wells a bit better, and to give the truck some more ground clearance. What is the max size I can put on the stock 15" wheels? Or would I be better off buying bigger wheels and tires (and would this require other parts/ accessories)?

I am going to be honest and say that I do not have much experience at all when it comes to wheels. Any and all info/ opinions you might have would be much appreciated. Thank you!

2. Mar 1, 2011 at 5:30 PM
    mcleod90

mcleod90 150,000 miles and counting

Member:
    First Name:
    sean
    modesto ca
    Vehicle:
    05 double cab
    Check out all the threads on the 5 lug area. There's only 2 pages. But to answer your question it all depends on how much you want to spend. The biggest tire you can fit at stock height and stock rim without rubbing is 235/75/15.

3. Mar 1, 2011 at 5:50 PM
    jmtz14690

jmtz14690 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Access Cab 2wd 4cyl 5 speed manual
    Thank you! I will definitely do so. I have roughly $1000 to spend right now. I was thinking of trying a leveling kit but I need to find out if it voids my warranty (it is a Toyota Certified Pre-owned vehicle). Any ideas on that?

4. Mar 1, 2011 at 5:55 PM
    covefrog08

covefrog08 swollen member

Member:
    Vancouver Island- Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 w/west coast pin-striping
    devil horns, weather tech floor mats, Camo seat cover, window visors, premier deck w/ 6 speakers and sub, checker plate tool box, diff breather relocate, Mag light & Fire Extinguisher behind seat
    i have 245/75/16's on my 08 and no rubbin with no other lift mods. if the stealership installs the lift then they might cover it or say they will then back out if something happens. gota love the stealerships. but if you look through all the threads on here and find what you really want and what will work best for you and instal everything correctly then you'll be g2g. imo

5. Mar 2, 2011 at 1:51 PM
    comiesutra

comiesutra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Greenwood, IN
    Vehicle:
    '10 4X4 Silver AC SR5 Manual
    MonsterKnobs.com shift knob, Sony MEX-BT3900u
    although a concern, remember that the dealership is responsible for proving that anything you do to your car to modify it is what caused a failure before they can deny your warranty.

Products Discussed in

To Top