Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

How keys came standard with your truck?

Old 03-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
bc075lug is on a distinguished road
bc075lug's Tacoma Gallery
How keys came standard with your truck?

Hi,

I just bought an '07 5 lug certified from a dealership. They only gave me one set of keys, which surprised me. The salesman told me he could get another set 'at cost' (many $$$ I'm sure).

My question is how many keys came with these when they were new? I'm in Canada, which could make a difference.

thanks!
Old 03-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the U.S. but my truck came with 2 keys, 2 remotes, and 1 valet key.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #3
kelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant futurekelch89 has a brilliant future

Army: 3 bde 2id
Name: brad
kelch89's Tacoma Gallery
when i bought mine i got three sets of keys and two FOBS. hope this helps in some way
Old 03-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
1 key thats it.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
magixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagixfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

magixfinger's Tacoma Gallery
the truck suppose to come with 3 set of keys, 2 FOBs, but mine only come with one key and one FOB, so I told the sale man to order me new key and new FOB, all cut and program or else I won't sign the paper, I have him write down in the sale contract.
If the car is certified it should come with all keys, hope this will help
Old 03-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #7
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
2 keys 2 remotes 1 valet

and really what the hell was the point of the valet key? I mean theres nothing to lock with regular key inside the cab. DUHHH valet?
Old 03-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #8
KCCO!!!
MrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Honorable discharge
MrJKC's Tacoma Gallery
when I got my 08, I also got 2 keys, 2 remotes and a valet key
Old 03-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #9
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Certified preowned - came with 2 keys and valet in owners manual & NO remotes.............because it's base model.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #10
jcrazy425 is a splendid one to beholdjcrazy425 is a splendid one to beholdjcrazy425 is a splendid one to beholdjcrazy425 is a splendid one to beholdjcrazy425 is a splendid one to beholdjcrazy425 is a splendid one to beholdjcrazy425 is a splendid one to beholdjcrazy425 is a splendid one to behold

Name: JC
jcrazy425's Tacoma Gallery
3keys and 2 fobs for me. Bought certified.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I bought new but I go 2 regular keys, 1 valet and 2 fobs.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #12
CelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kate
CelticTaco151's Tacoma Gallery
2 keys, 2fobs. 2011
Old 03-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #13
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
2 keys, 2 remotes, 1 valet
Old 03-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #14
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^ same as him. With my '08 and my '11
Old 03-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #16
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Bought mine used Private party. The guy gave me two keys, two fobs, and one valet key.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #17
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
2 regular keys, 2 fobs, 1 valet key
Old 03-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #18
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
1 key, 1 remote, + still hoping to god I never lock my keys in my vehicle...
Old 03-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #19
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport11 View Post
I'm in the U.S. but my truck came with 2 keys, 2 remotes, and 1 valet key.
x2

And welcome from Ohio...
Old 03-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #20
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrazy425 View Post
3keys and 2 fobs for me. Bought certified.
Same.