Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Noise from wheel well

Old 03-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
TaiMaiShu is on a distinguished road
TaiMaiShu's Tacoma Gallery
Noise from wheel well

Hi, I'm new. I have the readylift sst lift for my 09 tacoma with the 31" tires, and stock struts in the front. While I'm driving I can hear noises that seem to be coming from the wheel well, and the noises are especially noticeable going down a bumpy road, but for the most part you can hear it all the time.

Do you guys think it's the struts in the front and should I upgrade them? I would just like some advice on what to do thanks.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
Rconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rconectn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiMaiShu View Post
Hi, I'm new. I have the readylift sst lift for my 09 tacoma with the 31" tires, and stock struts in the front. While I'm driving I can hear noises that seem to be coming from the wheel well, and the noises are especially noticeable going down a bumpy road, but for the most part you can hear it all the time.

Do you guys think it's the struts in the front and should I upgrade them? I would just like some advice on what to do thanks.
Interesting. I just had my ReadyLift installed this past Thursday along with the shocks. Had it professionally done. Bilstein BST HD for 5lugs in the front and Fat Bob 8100 for the rear. Everything has been smooth, but I did notice my 5lug is running a little rough, but it's nothing to complain about. Maybe someone here can answer your question. Did you install them yourself? Welcome by the way!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
TaiMaiShu is on a distinguished road
TaiMaiShu's Tacoma Gallery
Okay well I took it to get looked at today and the mechanic said the noise is coming from just above the strut where the plate bearing is below the spacer. He told me I need to get new struts and new plate bearings for them. I already the struts, but where can I find the plate bearings?

Is this it? http://www.partstrain.com/store/deta...location=Front