Notices

ReadyLift vs. FatBobs

Old 04-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #21
redman15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Randy
redman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivefourstoy View Post
...Yep, my son and I did it in an afternoon....pretty straightforward...
That's reassuring. My dad and I are planning on doing it together too. Are there any specific tools needed?
Old 04-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #23
fivefourstoy is just really nicefivefourstoy is just really nicefivefourstoy is just really nicefivefourstoy is just really nice
fivefourstoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redman15 View Post
That's reassuring. My dad and I are planning on doing it together too. Are there any specific tools needed?
No special tools, but air tools make it quicker...take a look at the video posted by Alex...I used the same one...just follow step-by-step and you'll be fine....good luck!!
Old 04-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #24
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivefourstoy View Post
No special tools, but air tools make it quicker...take a look at the video posted by Alex...I used the same one...just follow step-by-step and you'll be fine....good luck!!
do yourself a favor and soak everything overnight with a penetrating lube like liquid wrench. there were a few that i missed and you could tell...
Old 04-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #25
redman15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Randy
redman15's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I feel a little more comfortable with the idea of doing it ourselves now.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #26
okspeed is on a distinguished road
okspeed's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm about to order the fat bob's kit, what's the difference between the standard add a leaf versus the longer add a leaf?
Old 04-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #28
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmxman185 View Post
what i think it is, is that the standard AAL is used to gain height while the longer AAL is more for height and more tow capacity....
dont listen to him. hes half retarded but no one told him yet. shhhh

the longer aal is for a smoother ride. it wont ride as harsh and shorter aals.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #29
okspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post

Interesting do they both have the same result though? Seems like they wouldn't offer two different ones if it's the same end result (ie same height) and one rides better than the other, seems like a no brainer.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #30
Keepin' it dirty in Texas
alexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alexmxman185's Tacoma Gallery
How did I know Adam would be waiting around to bust my balls when I make an educated guess btw the longer aal still sucks when it comes to comfort, have it on mine and it feels like my rear suspension is all welded together there's no give in it.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #31
okspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How did I know Adam would be waiting around to bust my balls when I make an educated guess btw the longer aal still sucks when it comes to comfort, have it on mine and it feels like my rear suspension is all welded together there's no give in it.
Did you replace your shocks? I've heard it's not supposed to be bad with the new shocks.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #33
okspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
buying some right now from a guy on here, there coming off of a trd off road 4x4. From what neslerah told me the rear shocks off of a 6 lug will fit ours in the back...
Gotcha, did you do the ReadyLift kit then?
Old 04-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #35
okspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didn't the person that had the truck before me did.
Ahh, makes sense.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #36
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post

i sent an email to fat bob's last fall and this was the exact answer that they gave me.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #38
okspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJosh View Post
so fatbob's it is!
Yup, ordered it last night