Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

ReadyLift vs. FatBobs

Old 04-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #41
okspeed is on a distinguished road
okspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJosh View Post
Sweet! What wheels and tires are you going with? Remember the 16" advice.
Yup, still browsing wheels. Looking at 16's in the KMC Hoss & ProComp 8069's. Haven't found a whole lot of selection that will fit without spacers.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:35 AM   #42
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
the hoss wheels look BA! I'd go with those. Did you find tires? your tire size will be 265/75 if you go with 16" wheels.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #43
okspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the hoss wheels look BA! I'd go with those. Did you find tires? your tire size will be 265/75 if you go with 16" wheels.
Yup, still looking, trying to find somewhere where I can get a package deal.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #44
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Discount tires will match any price you find. And I have a $50 coupon for a set of wheels or tires. And I think it says $100 off if you buy both. But I'll chek when I get home.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #45
okspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Discount tires will match any price you find. And I have a $50 coupon for a set of wheels or tires. And I think it says $100 off if you buy both. But I'll chek when I get home.
Yea that's who I'd like to buy through, they seem to have pretty good service. I guess I'll just have to stop in at one of them with the exact wheel model to see if they can get it since they don't carry KMC on their website.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #46
avidoffroad.com

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
just checked to the coupon, it's $100 off any 4 tire and wheel pkg. installed. Discount tire can buy or get you any wheel you want. Find the lowest price on the wheel you want and go in for them to match it. They will need a deposit.

4 tires OR 4 wheels: code- 87976
4 tires AND 4 wheels: code- 87979
Old 05-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #48
okspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just checked to the coupon, it's $100 off any 4 tire and wheel pkg. installed. Discount tire can buy or get you any wheel you want. Find the lowest price on the wheel you want and go in for them to match it. They will need a deposit.

4 tires OR 4 wheels: code- 87976
4 tires AND 4 wheels: code- 87979
Sweet man, thanks!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #49
avidoffroad.com

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmxman185 View Post
i just put mine on layaway at discount tire

ill have these with 32x11.5x15 BFG's
those are pretty cool, kinda like my old wheels. How much for all four?
Old 05-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #52
KDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: K H I E M ™
KDogg311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmxman185 View Post
i just put mine on layaway at discount tire

ill have these with 32x11.5x15 BFG's
nice choice! kinda looks like the ProComps i got on mine

Old 05-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #54
avidoffroad.com

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Those lugs are overpriced. I denied their $50 lug nut offer and walked over to autozone and bought some lugs with locks set for $25.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #57
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Well shit, after telling myself I didn't want to lift my truck and deal with the issues that come with it...I'm seriously considering lifting my truck after a few off-road adventures.

I'm a little hesitant still and I've sent some PMs to other members asking about their Fat Bob's lift. I'm mainly hesitant b/c of some of the bad reviews that spacer lifts have gotten. Read about bottoming about, upper ball joints hitting the springs, noise and the stress on ball joints/tie rods.

It would be great if any of you guys out there with either of the kits could chime in and quash my fears a little.

Still happy with lift? Any regrets? Any problems? How is the ride, street and off-road? How much lift does it add? Anything and everything you guys can think of to comment on, please comment.

McJosh, any feedback of yours would be great, looked through your build and you do a good bit of banging around with the FB kit.

If these kits are legit, I would probably put the lift on, save up, run my current tires down, maybe consider some 235/75/15 M/Ts (KM2's or Destinations), then continue saving up for a locker. (Put some weight over my rear-axle when off-roading until the locker.)

Looks like it would be $260 to buy and ship. I can get my wife to probably go for it as a fathers day/birthday combo present...she did get a Honda for her anniversary/mothers day/birthday. I can install myself.

I do think my truck would look pretty good lifted.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #58
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Name: Erick
Denim Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
If these kits are legit, I would probably put the lift on, save up, run my current tires down, maybe consider some 235/75/15 M/Ts (KM2's or Destinations)
Sorry I know this isn't my section also im not trying to butt in at all. but before I got my truck I would lurk the 5-lug section constantly and these are really the only lift options for a 5-lug aside from the TC UCA's or LT kit with coil overs (which is alot of money :/ but if you check out stupid hurts build you can see how it looks ). Also you can run either FB or readylift with bilstein HD's heard it's a way smoother ride too. Also if you don't mind my input I've been looking at these tires I'll be purchasing these sometime in the next couple of months (money's tight ) but they're called treadwrights they are re-treads but I've heard nothing bad about them. Other than the obvious that they are re-treads you can get them for 100 bucks a tire. They have tires in 235, 30's, and 31's which I know a 5-lug can run with the FB or readylift kit I'm just not sure the width of your wheels. Sorry for the long input and again didn't mean to intrude.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:00 AM   #59
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim Dan View Post
Sorry I know this isn't my section also im not trying to butt in at all. but before I got my truck I would lurk the 5-lug section constantly and these are really the only lift options for a 5-lug aside from the TC UCA's or LT kit with coil overs (which is alot of money :/ but if you check out stupid hurts build you can see how it looks ). Also you can run either FB or readylift with bilstein HD's heard it's a way smoother ride too. Also if you don't mind my input I've been looking at these tires I'll be purchasing these sometime in the next couple of months (money's tight ) but they're called treadwrights they are re-treads but I've heard nothing bad about them. Other than the obvious that they are re-treads you can get them for 100 bucks a tire. They have tires in 235, 30's, and 31's which I know a 5-lug can run with the FB or readylift kit I'm just not sure the width of your wheels. Sorry for the long input and again didn't mean to intrude.
No intrusion, thats silly.

I've been "search functioning" TW about all the options I have. I did actually check out SH's build thread earlier. To much $$ for me but a nice set up. Looked like he had to do some other stuff to make it fit/work.

I'd like to try and keep my stock wheels, keeps costs down and from what I've read, I could make any of those sizes to fit on my current wheels.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #60
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
No intrusion, thats silly.

I've been "search functioning" TW about all the options I have. I did actually check out SH's build thread earlier. To much $$ for me but a nice set up. Looked like he had to do some other stuff to make it fit/work.

I'd like to try and keep my stock wheels, keeps costs down and from what I've read, I could make any of those sizes to fit on my current wheels.
One thing to keep in mind is that with 31x10.5x15 tires and stock gearing the truck will be really slow. I am saving up for 3rd member swap with 4.10 gears because I just cannot stand it...