Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Leaf Spring Bolt and Nut Specs

Old 04-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Leaf Spring Bolt and Nut Specs

I have been looking and can not find an answer anywhere: what are the specs of the leaf spring bolt and nut? Specifically for a 5-lug second gen if there is a difference... I have looked at Toyota parts websites and can not find a part number or even a part listed.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
uhh big? lol. it's the same size as the 6 lug tho if that helps
thanks kelson. well knowing that should help, that way if anyone knows they hopefully will post.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
http://ncttora.com/fsm/05+/local%20files/repair.html
Old 04-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
thanks 08 but i can not find the specs for the bolt and nut itself, but i did find the torque specs. is there something that i am missing?
Old 04-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #6
reloadedkid is on a distinguished road

reloadedkid's Tacoma Gallery
my leaf spring eye bolt i bought one from local hardware store ,i got allen head bolt 3/8x2.5 fine thread. i torque it to 37 lbs then the u bolt should be 87 lbs with blue loctite for added safety. i hope this help.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloadedkid View Post
my leaf spring eye bolt i bought one from local hardware store ,i got allen head bolt 3/8x2.5 fine thread. i torque it to 37 lbs then the u bolt should be 87 lbs with blue loctite for added safety. i hope this help.
That's what I needed to know. Thanks for the info.