Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Help with the Fat Bob lift rear add a leafs (2010 5 lug)

Old 05-06-2011, 06:05 AM   #1
Sandman is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
Sandman's Tacoma Gallery
Help with the Fat Bob lift rear add a leafs (2010 5 lug)

Has any found the Fat Bob instructions misleading. Either they gave me a generic instruction for several trucks or the 6 lug 4x4. Anyways, i got the spacer on the front after several modifications(i.e. drilling a hole above the spacer due to one long screw from the original strut and having to cut a brake line bracket off the strut b/c of having to rotate the strut 180 degrees).

Now i'm working on the rear "add a leafs". First question, in the instructions the axle is beneath the leafs. On my truck (2010 5 lug) the axle is above the leafs. Does this kit put the axle beneath? Or does the additional leaf add more spring rate and result in the truck to raise up?

Question 2: What is the purpose of the 4 long threaded bolts(for lack of better words). They have nuts included. I'm not sure where they go.

Thanks for the help. Front looks good, hopefully i can finish the back soon!
-Alex
Old 05-06-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
Has any found the Fat Bob instructions misleading. Either they gave me a generic instruction for several trucks or the 6 lug 4x4. Anyways, i got the spacer on the front after several modifications(i.e. drilling a hole above the spacer due to one long screw from the original strut and having to cut a brake line bracket off the strut b/c of having to rotate the strut 180 degrees).

Now i'm working on the rear "add a leafs". First question, in the instructions the axle is beneath the leafs. On my truck (2010 5 lug) the axle is above the leafs. Does this kit put the axle beneath? Or does the additional leaf add more spring rate and result in the truck to raise up?

Question 2: What is the purpose of the 4 long threaded bolts(for lack of better words). They have nuts included. I'm not sure where they go.

-Alex
Axle stays above the leafs! You take off stock ubolts and take the leafs apart. Put the AAL between the two stock leafs and the long bottom leaf. Put leaf back together and use the ubolts provided with Fat Bob's kit.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
Sandman is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
Sandman's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks
Old 05-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like they gave you instructions for the 6 lug kit. There is an instructional video on the readylift website that is basically the same process for the Fat Bob's kit.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

-Alex
i had the same problem, so i just found and printed the ready lift instructions. oh and watched the install video a few times.