1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with the Fat Bob lift rear add a leafs (2010 5 lug)

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by Sandman, May 6, 2011.

1. May 6, 2011 at 6:05 AM
    Sandman

Sandman [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Florida
    Has any found the Fat Bob instructions misleading. Either they gave me a generic instruction for several trucks or the 6 lug 4x4. Anyways, i got the spacer on the front after several modifications(i.e. drilling a hole above the spacer due to one long screw from the original strut and having to cut a brake line bracket off the strut b/c of having to rotate the strut 180 degrees).

Now i'm working on the rear "add a leafs". First question, in the instructions the axle is beneath the leafs. On my truck (2010 5 lug) the axle is above the leafs. Does this kit put the axle beneath? Or does the additional leaf add more spring rate and result in the truck to raise up?

Question 2: What is the purpose of the 4 long threaded bolts(for lack of better words). They have nuts included. I'm not sure where they go.

Thanks for the help. Front looks good, hopefully i can finish the back soon!
    -Alex

2. May 6, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    05RedTaco

05RedTaco Nom Nom Nom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Scottsdale
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma XtraCab 2.7L 4x4
    Axle stays above the leafs! You take off stock ubolts and take the leafs apart. Put the AAL between the two stock leafs and the long bottom leaf. Put leaf back together and use the ubolts provided with Fat Bob's kit.

3. May 6, 2011 at 7:55 AM
    Sandman

Sandman [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Florida
    Thanks

4. May 6, 2011 at 10:01 AM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    Sounds like they gave you instructions for the 6 lug kit. There is an instructional video on the readylift website that is basically the same process for the Fat Bob's kit.

5. May 6, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    comiesutra

comiesutra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Greenwood, IN
    Vehicle:
    '10 4X4 Silver AC SR5 Manual
    MonsterKnobs.com shift knob, Sony MEX-BT3900u
    i had the same problem, so i just found and printed the ready lift instructions. oh and watched the install video a few times.

Products Discussed in

To Top