Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Wheel Spacers

Old 05-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel Spacers

I know most of you here are against wheel spacers and some of you run wheel spacers without issues... So... Right now I am running Fat Bob's kit with stock wheels and 31x10.5x15 tires. The front tires rub at full lock. Now I wont be able to get new wheels anytime soon, so... I was thinking of picking up set of wheel spacers and space out the front a little... If i like the spacers, I will space the back as well, I would like the wheels to stick out a little, now they are too flush with the fenders. The wheel spacers come in many thicknesses... 5mm, 8mm 12.5mm (1/2"), 1", 2"...

I am thinking of picking up set of 8mm or 12.5mm, the 1" and 2" are too expensive. I would like to stay away from changing lug nuts as well and still be safe.

Your thoughts?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #2
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
First time i saw ur truck I was like needs at least spacers. I worked at a custom performance shop and we did a few widebodies and whenthe customer wanted to keep stock look with their wheels we would fit the car with a quality spacer. Just wouldn't hammer the truck going offroad
Old 05-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
It would be unsafe with wheel spacers and using the stock lug nuts IMO. How much lift do you have and what are you rubbing on? I find it hard to believe you are rubbing with 31x10.5" tires.

Edit: just saw in your profile you have a 5 lug.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #4
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
It would be unsafe with wheel spacers and using the stock lug nuts IMO. How much lift do you have and what are you rubbing on? I find it hard to believe you are rubbing with 31x10.5" tires.

Edit: just saw in your profile you have a 5 lug.
Ya 5lug... It rubs only at full lock ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
First time i saw ur truck I was like needs at least spacers. I worked at a custom performance shop and we did a few widebodies and whenthe customer wanted to keep stock look with their wheels we would fit the car with a quality spacer. Just wouldn't hammer the truck going offroad
My truck is 98% of the time street work truck...
Old 05-07-2011, 12:44 AM   #5
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Have you done the black box mod? That helped with the rubbing issues on my 245.75.16s. El rubbing es no mas. I am running 1/2" spacers because my enduros do not clear the 09 calipers. FYI.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:28 AM   #6
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wait your running half inch spacers? I didn't get the enduros because they looked to have stuck out to much for me on your truck. Could u have ground the caliper? I ended up getting a 5" backspace on 16x8. I think I can still change the order
Old 05-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #7
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Yep. Mine have 4.5" backspacing and I have a 1/2" spacer. It rubbed the caliper without the spacer. I didnt grind the calipers at all and the tires only stick out 1/2" - 1". Ill take a picture for you . I like how it looks..
Old 05-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #8

I like it too I was just in southern ca two weeks ago and yeah if I lived there it would he fine but don't wanna get my balls busted by the fuzz here in jerz
Old 05-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #9

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Oh. I didnt realize you can get in trouble with the 5-0 for having your wheels stick out a little. Sucks for you! haha
Old 05-07-2011, 02:56 PM   #10
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBCdmv View Post
Have you done the black box mod? That helped with the rubbing issues on my 245.75.16s. El rubbing es no mas. I am running 1/2" spacers because my enduros do not clear the 09 calipers. FYI.
Do you run stock wheel studs? How many turns were u able to turn the wheel lugs with the spacers installed?
Old 05-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #11

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. Stock studs. The lug nuts are bulge acorn et (extra thread). The get me 9 turns with the spacers.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #13

Only spacer I used was the ones that had the lugs on the spacer
Old 05-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #14
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmxman185 View Post
are you totally against buying new rims? with a negative offset it'll push them out and away and your truck would look a little better with after market rims...
I know, money is an issue. I would rather invest in re-gearing the truck. 2.7L with 3.33 gears and 31x10.5x15 tires sucks ass while accelerating!
Old 05-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #15
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have 1.5" Spacers on the rear... they're the ones that have new studs in them though. They haven't had any issues so far.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #17
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
spacers will make you rub worse
Old 05-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #18
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
spacers will make you rub worse
How so? To clarify... I am only rubbing at full lock and it rubs NOT on the wheel well it rubs on the front sway bar...
Old 05-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #19
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBCdmv View Post
Yeah. Stock studs. The lug nuts are bulge acorn et (extra thread). The get me 9 turns with the spacers.
Exactly what size thread pitch bulge acorn lug nuts you have?