Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Proud of my 5-Lug

Old 05-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #1
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Proud of my 5-Lug

I finally made it to Groton, Connecticut from Long Beach, California. I gotta say.. I am proud of my truck. I loaded up 1000 lbs of belongings and drove 3 days across the country. I went through the desert (stopped in Vegas first), the Sierra Nevadas, the Rockies, and all weather conditions possible. We even hit a mini Blizzard through the Rockies. My 09 Reg Cab never overheated. I thought it was going to struggle with my 16x8 Enduros and 31s AND 1000lbs of shit (stock gears) ... It didn't. I just popped it in 3rd gear when climbing hills and it handled the weight beautifully. Even more amazing... I thought my gas mileage was gonna suck balls.. but it didnt change one bit. I was doing approx 80-90 mph on the trip (forgot about State Troopers in unmarked cars.. found that out the hard way.) Luckily, my gf is in the Coast Guard and we got off with a warning. I was worried about my aal + leaf package.. it was completely flat with all the weight, but once we unloaded the truck.. it all popped back to life.

All in all... love my little taco!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
You can't kill toyotas.i assume you moved to Cali?
Old 05-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
You can't kill toyotas.i assume you moved to Cali?
You definitely can't kill a Tacoma. I tried. I moved from Cali. My gf is in the Coast Guard and it was either break it off or move.. so I moved. (she is a great cook). haha.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #4
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
these little trucks are pretty beast. my ex-gf's mom accidentally got her montereo sport bogged bown in thier front yard(its soft and sandy dirt here) and they didn't think my taco could pull the truck out. i got my heavy chains and hooked them up to the front tow loops dropped it into reverse and the 2.7 did all the work. funny part is that my taco has touring tires on and they grabbed better in the dirt drive way better than the geolanders the mom had.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
carattini is on a distinguished road
Name: David
carattini's Tacoma Gallery
You shoul be it the best...
Old 07-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
bluetaco99 is on a distinguished road
Name: michael
bluetaco99's Tacoma Gallery
sucks to hear your move. hopefully its a good one. what part of cali?? and welcome!!
Old 07-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #7

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetaco99 View Post
sucks to hear your move. hopefully its a good one. what part of cali?? and welcome!!

I moved from Long Beach, CA to Groton, CT. It is a huge difference.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
That is really good to know, in running 31's on my 5 lugger and traveling from VA to Co in December. So looking foward to the move.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #9

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah... 31s arent too bad... But I am going to re-gear soon when I ger my Duratracs on.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #10
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The engine, tranny and cooling system are sized for heavier loads. It's possible to configure an Access Cab 4x4 with the same powertrain with 30.5" tires, weighing 705 lb more than your truck empty (though it has the 4.10 axle ratio).

You will probably want a 4x4 after the first winter.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #11
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBCdmv View Post
You definitely can't kill a Tacoma. I tried. I moved from Cali. My gf is in the Coast Guard and it was either break it off or move.. so I moved. (she is a great cook). haha.
She will stop cooking after you get married lol
Old 07-20-2011, 06:44 PM   #12
Caperoots will become famous soon enoughCaperoots will become famous soon enough

Name: Keith
Caperoots's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. I give it 2 years and your going to want to move back! haha Im about to do the same but in the other direction.. cant wait. I had a 1993 toyota 4x4 but sold it to get something a (little more) reliable. 2006 trd sport access cab. Im hoping it will get to job done.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #13
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
SWEET!

Old 07-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #14

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
She will stop cooking after you get married lol
Well.... no ring then..haha. Its not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caperoots View Post
Nice. I give it 2 years and your going to want to move back! haha Im about to do the same but in the other direction.. cant wait. I had a 1993 toyota 4x4 but sold it to get something a (little more) reliable. 2006 trd sport access cab. Im hoping it will get to job done.
I already want to move back. The mosquitos out here are the size of dogs! I wish I had a 4x4 but some duratracs and weight in the bed will work for now. I am saving the 4x4 for my double-cab.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #15
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

how long did it take to travel cross country?
Old 08-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #16

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
3 days total. We left Long Beach and did Vegas for a night. Then stopped in Denver cause of a blizzard..then drove straight to Connecticut. I made 5 hour energy my bitch. haha
Old 08-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #17

I'm gonna have to drive my truck up to Seattle from Savannah, Georgia. its gonna be a helluvah drive.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #18

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Damn. That's gonna be fun. Loaded up with all of your stuff?
Old 08-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #19

not sure yet. I don't know what I'll have to take with me when I go up there. newly enlisted...
Old 08-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #20

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Oh nice. Going to basic training?