Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Our 07 Tacoma is a smoother ride than my 11?

Old 06-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #1
Vrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to behold
Vrbas's Tacoma Gallery
Our 07 Tacoma is a smoother ride than my 11?

I didn't notice the rough ride on my 2011 Tacoma turning around 10k miles until after I drove my father's 07 recently. I don't know if its just because his is more broken in with 50k miles or something is up with mine, but I noticed a big difference in ride comfort just when driving on pavement. Whether going over speed bumps or hitting holes in the road, it just feels stuff and rough.

There's a sick nasty squeeky noise coming from the back end whenever I go over bumps or put weight in the bed, dunno if that has anything to do with it. Can anyone offer some insight?
Old 06-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
Vrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to behold
Vrbas's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 06-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
How about some pics of your rear leafs?
Old 06-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
How about some pics of your rear leafs?

x2, do you guys have the same suspension??

same trucks like long bed short bed single cab double etc. cause weight effects how something rides too
Old 06-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #6
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Need more info on both trucks to really know. Stock rear leafs? Both 4X4 double cabs?
Old 06-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
The squeak is coming from your leaf springs most likely. It's a common complaint here. As for the ride, give it some time to break in . Nothing to worry about really.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #8
Vrbas's Tacoma Gallery
Both are base access cabs. The only difference is year model and the 11 being a 5 speed. They are identical other than those
Old 06-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #9
Vrbas's Tacoma Gallery
Some pics of my '11 rear leaves (passenger side... they both squeak equally):

Old 06-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #10
Vrbas's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 06-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #11
Vrbas's Tacoma Gallery
One more time....
Old 06-06-2011, 06:08 AM   #14
Vrbas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
well the 5 speed whichever truck it is is marginally lighter, but that shouldn't have that profound of an effect on ride quality.

im thinking its just the fact that the 11 is brand new and the shocks n springs aren't very worn down yet.
That makes sense. But she's already got 11k miles on her, how many miles does it take to break in a car?
Old 06-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #15
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Tire pressure
Old 06-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #16
Vrbas's Tacoma Gallery
Is the recommended tire pressure on the door the best balance between gas mileage and comfort? I've been running mine around 38 hoping to up my mileage so maybe I am sacrificing a little ride comfort
Old 06-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #17
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrbas View Post
I've been running mine around 38 hoping to up my mileage so maybe I am sacrificing a little ride comfort
You found the culprit. That would make a big difference. Different brands of tires and even models within a tire brand will ride differently.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #18
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
over-inflating your tires doesn't help much at all. one of the idiots at the dealership over inflated my right rear tire when i had it plugged after a random nail attacked it. 5k + miles later i rotated my tires and noticed the center section of tread is worn more than the edges. pressure check read 39psi. follow door jam numbers
Old 10-27-2011, 02:05 AM   #19
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
over-inflating your tires doesn't help much at all. one of the idiots at the dealership over inflated my right rear tire when i had it plugged after a random nail attacked it. 5k + miles later i rotated my tires and noticed the center section of tread is worn more than the edges. pressure check read 39psi. follow door jam numbers
Chalk test your tires for best PSI
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/51690-what-psi-should-i-run.html#post921497